Finally found some stock for an SE Fightstick and want to order some parts.

Gonna order my obsf-30 buttons as I haven’t really heard a bad word said about them.

I’m also going to order a bat top because I used to play Tekken with one and just generally find them more comfortable.

Back to my actual question though lol

I saw on the ‘how to mod your se fightstick’ thread that you can use the 8y or the 8yt joysticks in the fightstick.

What is the difference and which is ‘better’. I know often its objective so feel free to just state your personal opinion.

I also want to get an octagonal gate (sqaures drive me nuts!)

Is this the one I need?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

P.S. I did have a look to see if anyone had answered this and I couldn’t find anything so apologies if its a double post

It is the same joy stick but one comes with a mounting plate and the other without.
That is the Octagonal Restrictor that you need.

Ok cool. Would I need the mounting plate to fit it into my SE?

Thanks for the help dude.

I’ve always been wondering about that too. What is the mounting plate for anyways.

Yes you need the mounting plate for the SE/TE sticks. Like the name says it mounts the stick to the metal plate for the SE/TE. I think depending on how people make their custom sticks you might not always need a mounting plate but for the SE/TE you definitely do.

does the SE stick already have a mounting plate?
If it does, can I just use that with my sanwa joystick that im bout to get?

If you are modding the SE and TE sticks, you do not need to buy a mounting plate. You can use the one already included.

For mounting the stick, maybe it’s name gave you a clue? :rofl:

You can use the SE’s mounting plate but get ready to buy new screws. I’ve never read anyone successfully getting those screws out without stripping them. Everyone ended up drilling them out once they were stripped.

So is the general consensus to just discard the standard mounting plate and use the one from the 8YT?

for ease of install i would say yes. the less you gotta fuck around with the better in this case i suppose.

I recently modded my SE, and while I was able to get the screws out without stripping them (I came very close to stripping them though), the biggest pain was removing the bolts that said screws went into, because they’re forced into their slots, I ended up having to destroy the old stick to get them out.


4 x OBSF-30 (Grey)
4 x OBSF-30 (White)
1 x JLF-TP-8YT
1 x GT-Y
1 x LB-30N Thread Adapter
1 x LB-30N Bat Handle (Black)

Ordered and on their way to me now :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait for it all to arrive but honestly the part I need most is that GT-Y

My god how I hate square gates!

Guys I am completely noob to modding a stick. In fact I am still waiting for mine from video game central and I just ordered Sanwa parts from LL.

But now I am worried because I bought the JLF-TP-8YT-SK Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable, Instead of the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable.

The one I bought is made for the Mad Cats TE. I have a HRAP EX on the way is it compatible with that? I don’t really understand the PCB differences and I have tried to read on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated but please don’t link the noob thread I’ve already spent quite some time in it.

All JLF are the same man.
No matter the weird letters after “JLF”.

The letters don’t mean something crazy.
I can turn a JLF-TP-8T into a JLF-TP-8YT in like three seconds.
Even the other way around.

You didn’t see my Post in the Noobie Thread?
It is the very last one Post in the Thread right now.
It is good read.

Joystick in Mad Catz Street Fighter IV TE is Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W by the way.

So, you bought an HRAP EX?
You know that ALL HRAP comes with Sanwa JLF already installed right?

The JLF in your HRAP EX is not your typical JLF though.
It doesn’t have a TP-MA (Microswitch PCB Assembly)[The “TP” in JLF-TP-8.]
Instead, it has four individual MS-Y-3 Microswitches.
(Microswitches on the TP-MA are MS-O-2P if you curious.)

HRAP EX has a Sanwa JLF-TM-8.
JLF-TM-8T-SK-K to be exact.
Meaning a JLF-TM-8 with a JLF-P1 (Flat Mounting Plate)[The “T”] and JLF-CD (Shaft Cover)[The “SK”] and Black [The “K”] Ball Top.

Instead of the HRAP EX having JLF-TP-8YT-SK like other HRAP, it has JLF-TM-8T-SK.
That is because HRAP EX is said to be non-Common Ground.

JDM thanks for the response. And I willing to admit I completely forgot that the HRAP EX came with a Sanwa stick. I will not return the Sanwa stick I bought from LL (keep as a spare) but is it even worth swapping? If it isn’t worth swapping, I can still swap the ball tops right? I know these are ultra retarded questions lol I am pretty sure Sanwa sticks have interchangable ball tops.

Yeah… HRAPs come with Sanwa JLF already.

To switch ball top, look on the under side of the JLF, there is a flat head screwdriver slot. Press a screwdriver against it, and spin the ball and it will release and you can untwist it, to instal the new one, do reverse.

You should sell me your spare JLf :wink: