Jin Frametraps?

Could somebody please Jin’s frametraps to me? What moves are good for using them, and when to utilize it?

• Thanks

One frame trap that i like to use when i see people that like to press alot of buttons doing my block strings is kazama 5 hit combo then do c.mk.

I’ll work on this during the weekend.

i hope.

I would very much appreciate any work you could do into helping us understand and utilize Jin’s frametraps :slight_smile: Thanks The Mossad Man.

Sorry guys super busy this weekend. I’ll try to get to this tomorrow…

A good frametrap which i like to use is cr.mp cr.mp into PS into mp followup (forgot the name).If they are jab happy or crouch teching the last setup counterhits which leads into a huge damaging combo.If they try to mash their way out, the PS absorbs a hit and you can react accordingly.

Also jab, jab, cr.mk ss mk 2xk for mixups.One hits low and the other as an overhead.

What’s PS again? I’ve been playing Ogre so I forgot Jin’s moves names haha

power stance

Ok here’s what I have. Note that most of these setups post framtrap are combo starters and/or lead into other frametraps. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1f gap - punishes anything at all outside of invincible reversals. Any buttons mashed get counter hit, and any jumping will be hit while on the ground. In fact any type of non invincible movement whatsoever will be punished.
2f gap - Same as above, except loses to 2f grabs. otherswise, allows for a little more leeway for your opponent to push a button and think they’re safe. Newsflash? They’re not.
3f gap - Same as above, except leaves A LOT of leeway. very dangerous and situational, but very beneficial if mastered. This one is much better as a threat than as a frametrap itself, because it allows you to fake a frame trap forcing them to try and punish with super/srk/whatever, you block/backdash/jump whatever and punish their attempt.

Please test and discuss, and dispute anything freely as i did this by just eyeballing the values.

This seems fantastic, could you explain to me what “1f gaps to” means?

I understand the definitions of 1f, 2f, 3f but yeah

Ok so basically if a move is +4 on block, and just after you use a move that is 5f startup, there is a 1 frame gap. Although most moves wont’ come out, the 1f gap will allow your opponent to input a move anyway. Your 5f startup attack will interrupt the startup of whatever they mash (as long as its not invulnerable or armored) giving you a counter hit. That’s why its called a trap. you put the gap there on purpose making your opponent think its safe to hit a button, when really it isnt, they get counter hit, and counter hit from jin means at least 430 damage. From my Jin at least :slight_smile:

Its even worse for 2f, 3f, and more gaps meaning there’s more time for them to input stuff. This is more risky for you as the frametrapper since, especiallly once you get to 3f traps, you can get mashed out into a combo by 3f lights. The payoff is usually much greater, so you have to balance which frame traps you use.

or if you’re playing against julia you get SUPER’d (1frame startup) :frowning:

If julia is mashing super through your block strings and 1f frame traps and is successful then you should be baiting. it only takes one.

st.Fierce to st.Forward is a good frame trap.The possibilities after the st.Forward hit confirms are up to you (mist step, etc.)

How so?

cs.HP is 0 on block, and fs.HP is -1 on block. s.MK has 7f startup, so that leaves a 7 and an 8f gap during which you can be counter hit by anything with less than 7f startup, and that’s A LOT of stuff. 7 and 8 frame gaps are not cool, and the main reason jin’s overhead sucks in block string…

In the googledocs framedata there is an error in the Kazama Style 6-hit, f+LK > LP > LK > MP > LK
i think it should be LP (the one before the final MK). I’ve seen that in your png, and found that in the googledocs too.

Mossad man, your list helped me to understand the framedata.

The second hit of Kazama Style 6-hit misses crouching, i can no loger use that vs some of my friends because of simple cr.lp mashing (i used to go all the way to LP > LK > MP > LP to get the +4 on block and continue from there).
Right now i can’t use far lp, mp, overhead, and i can’t use f.lk > kazama style…

but Left Right Combo (s.LP > MP) is +3 on block, special cancellable, true blockstring with the mk ender…
I think it’s a good move to keep pressure on and 2 frame gap frametrap with cr.mp. (am i right?)

But that Left Right Combo is only from far standing lp, and with the shitty range i find myself using close lp chained into mp a lot without wanting to… nothing goes from there, and i’m at close distance with a disadvantage :frowning: