13. Cammy
  14. Blanka
  15. Zangief
  16. Hawk

Source: https://www15.atwiki.jp/ssf2xxx/pages/22.html

2 Likes

Interesting read.

WW:
Zangief is way to low. If I remember correctly, he was the 3rd best in the game. SPDs left you super close to your opponent. Since wake up reversals doesn’t exist AND he doesn’t have a whiff animation on his SPDs, I don’t see how he is lower tier than shotos.

CE:
The list I agree with the most. I would swap Ryu and Sim around. Ryu is solid but Sim has better counter matches although he is vulnerable to the juggle glitch. I don’t understand Blanka in CE but I imagine he had way better normals back then and most likely better specials too.

HF:
Honda is wayyy too high. Guile should be higher, Zangief is wayyy too low. Kick lariat is the best it has ever been. Probably the second best iteration of Zangief. I think Vega(Spaniard) is slightly better than Bison (overlord).

Super:
I’m not too sure how old this list is but it looks like it was made before T Hawks death loop was discovered.

Guile is way too high. This is his worst iteration. I would argue that Ken, Chun and current T Hawk are better. Maybe Boxer too but iirc, he can’t cancel c.mp into dash punch in this version.

Deejay should be lower. Deejay doesn’t have his upkicks or ambiguous crossup mk. Instead he has an in invincible machine gun punch and cross up hk, which are both inferior to his later counter parts.

ST:
This list looks dated and doesn’t put the old characters in consideration. It’s pretty much agreed that Chun is better than Guile now and possibly Ryu.

2 Likes

I’d put Honda, Fei Long, and Cammy higher for ST. If you have players who can consistently execute their pressure loops it’s a pretty fast wrap. Historically the zoning/fireball characters have gotten the top tier but tournament results in recent years have seen more rushdown characters than before.