Japanese Chris /w Vergil and Strider [question]

Brief but solid Chris play from the KVO tourney

Chris play starts at 22 min 15 sec
[media=youtube]2O4A3CKzjis[/media]

I particularly liked this combo off an air throw (starts at 24 min 25 sec);

My question is this: Can the Vergil portion be omitted and can you do a Chris BnB -> call vajra -> flamethrower -> (vajra hits) grenade -> grenade-launcher super…I’m having timing issues calling the assist doing a land -> jump back air magnum -> call vajra -> flamethrower. In that video combo he does a double air.S type combo which allows him to be falling down and air magnum. I’ve seen another Chris do something similar I think…maybe windzero/gcyoshi?

I know Chris can connect his grenade launcher super using the spencer assist, and after seeing this combo I’m wondering if it’s possible to do using only strider…and any other assists people are using to do this with Chris.

Cheers.

Bonus: for anyone that missed it, shoutouts to GCYoshi for winning NCKO…some nice videos @ http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5767E6A359ADE74A&feature=plcp

check the combos section kjunk already posted a similar combo.

training tip: if you are having trouble with jumping magnum, call assist, flamethrower just practice that portion in training mode until you get it. that’s what i did and now i can do it all the time.

believe or not jumping magnum, call assist, flamethrower also works with sentinel drones but it is much easier to time.

I’ve been usin Chris and strider for awhile now prob since december. U can connect Chris’ grenade launcher super with the vajra assist fully from anywhere on screen. Not many people know this, all u gotta do is after a hard knockdown just do a tiger knee magnum and call the vajra assist, after it hits after the ground bounce u have enough time to chuck a medium grenade and cancel into the grenade launcher super. Every hit connects from anywhere even full screen, corner u can then follow up with his flamethrower into many weapons super.