Jap MvC2 matches

It was really great seeing them come through. If anybody has videos of them, you are my hero. :tup:

Not Mitzu, Sadao.

sorry to take the thunder but striderzer0 has some matches up

did they all play on the green goblin or japanese sticks?

I was there in the room on sunday morning and it was unreal. The japs locked up mike z and killed him bad with his msp. They won against yipe’s msp and VDO whose low tier is deadly.
These guys are gods at low tier. They showed us some amazing tricks like the guile glitch, cable shooting 3 consecutive times nonstop, and the iceman glitch. It was hype mike z was like come one let me out of the corner. Yipes was like these guys know the engine. It was funny they had a headless tron I mean no body just the armor fighting. They even respect yipes and gave him the jap version of mvc2 as a present. Only one recording was a jap guy. AND ECZANGIEF HAD IT RIGHT ABOUT THE TEAMS.

Since there’s now copies of Sunahebi’s japanese marvel mix (japanese dude that was taping) floating around, just know that you can’t use 3rd party U.S. memory cards when grabbing the save states off the disc-- I used my gameshark memory card and it fried the hell out of it. Official sega VMU works fine.

His no-BGM mix is actually a really good idea.

wow. does anyone have contact with the japanese player that was recording the matches. we gots to get a hold of those. sounds like good shit.

so am I right in thinking they had some new unseen glitches?

there’s still some bugs and tricks the UK scene had which I have never seen on any Mike z video or other US video

vids!?

Didnt know there was interest for these:

http://magnetro.com/evo/

Sunahebi has a lot more, I’ll hit him up on MSN for them.

They did a funny glitch to freeze the game with Omega Red and Jin I think…It was pretty late (5am?) so I forgot exactly what happened but it froze the game.

Sunahebi showed us a funny combo with Sentinel / Capcom. In the corner: Plasma Storm --> After if it finishes --> Immediate Plasma Storm --> DHC Immediately into Capcom Sword. Funny link combo.

Nice :lovin:

Do you have video footage of this and just my opinion. I think backbone should have had joo and his friends show them all the glitches that way it saves them time from coming out with patches and updates online. Kinda feel bad for capcom cause they have so much work ahead of them but there geting paid for it so it really doesnt matter. just my thoughts =/

Ps: Are the japs coming back next year for evo 2010 and are they going to be playing online?

Damn I wished I had played them at evo…

They show interest in returning so i bet they will come back. Pretty sure most of them are playing online too.

I should of made a thread for them but i just posted it in Preppy’s thread, Big fail :sad:. next year for sure tho!

:nunchuck::annoy:

whats the word

Thanks for uploading them.
Any chance the match between Soo and Sadao (?) using team Duc was recorded?

AirBrushKing - those bugs might well have been on Dreamcast - even if they were for the newer consoles they ain’t gonna be patched.

He used that team pretty well. Made me Proud! We had quite a bit of spiral mirror matches to see who would come out on top. It was pretty fun to play against someone with a similar understanding of how to use that team.

Duc

Who was the Japanese player using BB hood / Jug / Omega?

Quoting eczangief

Dao

There were 6 Japanese marvel players who came this year:

Joo: SSCC. Combo video maestro, actually plays very simple and conservative for the most part.

Sunahebi: Didn’t play in tournament, but is very good as well

Sadao: IM/Sent/Cable. Was getting people hype with 300%'s and inf. variations. Beat Soo in a ft5 casual with Team Duc. I rode that for a 5 dollar bet-- whoever tried to make that bet with Joo, thanks for your money :]

Fantom: SSCyke/SSCC. Beat Arthur in 3 matches, beat Mike Chaos in pools in final match with Commando vs. Chaos’ Sentinel at endgame. Their only player to steal a couple off Yipes in casuals.

Dao: This guy’s MAIN team was Jugg/Omega Red/BBHood. He stuck to his guns in tournament, but had pool of death like everybody else.

‘Ken’: MSP. His MSP is good, but having seen the high-level MSP play over here, I know he’ll come back IFC Ken.

I know that Sunahebi-san was filming constantly, and when they were in our room we filmed quite a bit too. I’m sure all of this stuff will make it to Preppy’s in time. Just don’t PM me or bother me about it bc I don’t physically have any footage.