Jag Kick combos

Finally got around to this. I will make a better video eventually but wanted to test/post this.

[media=youtube]xb-TZaucKZI[/media]

cl.MP xx HK JK works on:
Abel
Balrog
C. Viper
Cammy
Cody
Dan
Dee Jay
Dhalsim
Dudley
El Fuerte
Gouken
Guile
Guy
Hakan
Juri
Ken
Makoto
Rose
Rufus
Ryu
Sagat
Seth
E.Ryu
Oni

cl.HP xx MK JK works on:
Abel
Balrog
C. Viper
Chun-Li
Dee Jay
Dhalsim
Gouken
Guile
Guy
Juri
Rufus
Sagat
Seth
T. Hawk
Vega
Zangief

ah sweet. Thank you so much dude.
I started to do this earlier.
Was taking me longer than I hoped with the baby needing me now and again.

This list is long overdue heh

So I expanded to try more: heres what I found.

cl.HP xx HK JK NEVER combos.

cl.mp xx LK JK combos on everyone except:
E. Honda
Rufus
Yun
Yang

cl.mp xx MK JK combos on:
Chun-Li
Dudley
Guile
Rose
Sagat
T. Hawk

cl.HP xx LK JK combos on:
Abel
Blanka
C. Viper
Chun-Li
Dhalsim
El Fuerte
Gouken
Guile
Hakan
Juri
Rose
Rufus
Sagat
Seth
T. Hawk
Vega
Zangief

Bottom line is, everyone can be hit with something, except for the twins (of course) and E.Honda.

Nice dude. Good work!

even now the twins are annoying me :wink:

Added the rest to the video

[media=youtube]Gq0BLcfwQsA[/media]

think I may print that list off heh.

Nice video

hey cl.hp xx MK works on akuma and all the other shoto sized characters you said it doesn’t… it’s just spacing dependent. hit a cl. lp and then do hp and you will be spaced correctly

Couldn’t you do this since AE? Besides cl.MP xx H JK.

yes you could but nobody had made a list. I always wanted to but never got round to it.
With the buff to close st.mp this is more likely to be used as well!

OK, thought you all experienced this the first time lol.

heh id hope not. I personally just used to try it against everyone I played. Unfortunately I never did note who it worked against and unfortunately I cant remember everyone heh

yeah I doubt this is new or anything changed since AE. I was going to make the list earlier since I knew it was character specific, but 2012 was around the corner so I figured I might as well wait just in case some things changed with hitboxes etc.

haha, real talk I’ve been doing this combo since super I was wondering why hasnt anyone else put this on notice yet good shit.

Oh and another thing, I know its situation but cl.HP>mk.JK works on damn near everybody if you add a jumping mk crossup. Its Like somebody stated earlier its all about the spacing

That table is really great, and exactly the kind of thing I occasionally pop on SRK hoping to find. Great job.

When do you want to do these combos? It seems to me that Rising Jaguar is a better combo ender, as you can do more damage, push them farther to the corner, and get a soft knockdown. But I only occasionally dabble in Adon, so maybe I’m missing something?

I ask myself the same question because almost every combo ending by a jaguar kick is useless, you certainly don’t want to finish a combo where you are in negative and without a knockdown and it’s character specific too.

I never use it and I will never I think, and I don’t see any Adon player use jaguar kick combo.

The idea to create a thread is good but unfortunately not very usefull.

unfortunately I basically agree. Its still to know though :smiley:

I use em often when I play, usually for the quick stun plus its something different.

I use the close standing hard punch counter hit setup into mk.Jk

Hi guys … I want to warm up this subject and discuss JK combos or JK strings that are actually not too bad to implement in some MU.

The idea to use HK JK as a combo ender in a combo or a block string:

As you can see in the list from this thread you can combo a hard JK from close MP. But what is it good for if you could instead hit confirm two lights into RJ … well the interesting part is that you get a string that will combo on hit (with similar damage/stun like a regular RJ combo) … will combo from a CH if first hits get blocked … will be 100% safe on block … will chip for 33 damage … will break focus (back dash).

So you will ask … why should I do this … my reason is --> I can go 100% autopilot on this combo … it will combo on hit / let me stay in my opponents face with +X on hit and 0 on block / does has an integrated frame trap (3 or 2 frame gap) that will combo on hit. I can just hammer this combo in without looking if my opp is blocking or not … the only way out for him is DP or a risky back dash.

It is also an interesting wake up pressure option, because you use a combo that will OS to far MP if your opponent does a back dash.

Another important part is that you will hit late with the HK JK … the JK should hit with the 3rd or 4rd active frame and therefore the JK gets better on hit/block … so this means that you should be positive on hit and neutral on block --> And you are in kara b.throw range (is a bit char specific). If you hit you can just continue autopilot into cr.lp > cr.mp > MK/HK JK. Also nice is that you constantly hold your opp in a tick throw or kara throw range and he will start to tech. This will also change if your opponent is crouching, and one of the problems is that sometimes the close MP whiffs but mostly against chars where the combo anyway does not work (e.g. Chun).

Damage & Stun:

cr.lk > close MP > HK JK does 206 damage / 294 stun
jump in MK > cr.lk > close MP > HK JK does 256 damage / 356 stun
CH close MP > HK JK 208 damage / 305 stun

The three scenarios for close MP combos currently I got in mind are:

1. Regular jump in MK > cr.lk/cr.lp/close lp > close MP > HK JK (char specific !)
  2. EX RJ > empty jump > cr.lk/close lp > close MP > HK JK
  3. Meaty cr.lk > close MP > HK JK (opp corner)

Damage is actually not bad and stun is better than with an regular RJ combo, the minus 10 damage in USF4 hurts it a bit.

CH close HP > HK JK or close HP > MK JK:

This is a similar situation and a close HP frame trap into HK JK does 430 stun … if you connect a throw afterwards you are one ambiguous jump in away from stunning a low stun char.

I need to test if the MK JK also hits with later active frames and also becomes 0 on hit, but unfortunately I don’t think so … It feels like the MK JK hits with the first active frames and than you are fully point blank and negative on hit or block.

Conclusion:

Why not go for the RJ knock-down? Well it is not better than a regular RJ combo and will never be better overall but it does mix up your patterns … it will confront your opp with unusual stuff and if he likes to press buttons he will eat counterhits. You can use it if you need some time to think (you can go autopilot) and want to test how your opp reacts after HK JKs. If you hit a late HK JK and you are +1 on hit you can immediately go for a neutral jump HK … if he wants to tech or throw you he will eat a full combo! It is also very nice if you cornered some one … you are in perfect range for cr.lp (CH) > cr.mp > LK RJ > MK RJ or an light IAJK.

I am 100% sure that this is something that is only useful in some MU … especially against Chars where you can hit a cr.light > close MP from any MK jump in into close LP > close MP.

They are even other things possible that are kind of a funny fact:

Like --> (Against Shotos) Punish after stun --> jump in HK > close MP > close MP > MK JK … o.O … this should be safe because the MK JK hits a bit later (I do think so).

This stuff really has a strange timing … and you will often get the throw (reset) afterwards.

It does also build good stun and does not slow down the match with a knock-down … you are still both standing …

When stuff goes on block:

Sure a regular close HP frame trap can score a nice CH combo … but if you instantly go for the frame trap close HP > HK JK … you will be in a better situation when your opp blocks the frame trap + you build in another small frame trap with the HK JK … and if you hit … well than you get solid damage and stun … when he blocks he will eat chip damage atleast and maybe the JK will score a counterhit.

I know that you don’t see much Adons using it … but I am using currently some close MP into JK in my matches and it does feel very good … especially because the close MP is -4 on block … it just feels like that this poke was designed to be canceled into HK JK.

It is just … u know … we all abusing the hell out of cr.lp > cr.mp > MK JK … why not using a normal that will lead to a combo with HK JK and is safer on hit/block !?

Cheers