Jacksonville NC and surrounding area fight club

well I doubt we will exceed the room capacity as with a little rearranging there could be 5 setups comfortable with some room to move.

For anyone interested, you are welcome to come by and hang out and play a few games, just hit me up so I know how many to expect.

I think I am close to locking on the regular venue… just need to talk to the managers of a few hotels in the area to work out a schedule to use their conference rooms.

I will be putting together the website/FB group, and flyers this week. Will only take a day or two as I have done this before :slight_smile:

Okay, that will be nice.

@ed1371, how much for that 15 anniversary street fighter fight stick?

I got it for $50… don’t want to sell it… I am gonna mod it to work with PS3/360/(and just about everything else too), replace stick and buttons with the proper parts (the ones it comes with are knockoffs… I collect sticks and been wanting that one for a while now.

If you want something like that, its easy to build the same type and folks are usually selling them on the trade thread here on SRK…

OK hosting tomorrow… any and all are welcome. I only have 2 setups at the moment (my house is ready next week so I will have all my other setups shortly) so if you want to bring a system feel free. I have an extra monitor here as well.

Website is 80% done, and once my tools get here on the 15th I can build and mod again. I dont do it for money and just do it for cost so if you want a dual mod or a complete custom lemmie know.

Picked up a few games too… (tim I got you a copy of SFAE btw…it was cheap so dont worry about it) so can play anything yall want.

Will also make sure we has some food… hopefully pizza will work… when I usually host I go crazy with BBQ

Ah sry. Last min change of plans for me today, and I wont be able to make it.

Hello Im Ben and I live in Greensboro and i want to find people to play street fighter, marvel and injustice i would love to know when u guys get together to play some sets. gamertag caninevirus PSN caninevirus44

Cool man, will post the next get together.

Are you still doing casuals this weekend? If so are you still in the same place as last time? I will be bring along a friend this time.

So are you guys totally ignoring the other NC thread or are you guys to cool to post in that one. also, viewtiful, if your from greensboro you should join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/fightinggamersnc. we have sessions in greensboro on tuesdays and thursdays and happen to have great injustice,marvel and sf4 players. btw everyone in NC has moved to facebook, just in case your wondering.

I didn’t ignore the thread, but as I read it, the thread was called RIP from the same folks that had posted in it. I searched and saw a few postings from folks in this area in the past which were ignored, so why beat a dead horse?

I tried to join a few groups on FB, never got accepted… even the open group just wouldn’t take. I did look at what I could on there and there wasn’t anything in this area either.

Didn’t notice the last guy was posting from so far away… Whole purpose I am trying to start up the group is because we in the J’Ville area, are very much like how things were for me in the So-Cal scene I just came from… stuck in the middle between 2 established areas that would take quite a drive (1-2 hours) to get to either.

So in a nutshell, I am trying to establish a local scene here very much how things went with the Oceanside/Camp Pendleton area that is thriving now. No too cool, just too far at the moment… Once we (hopefully) grow we can make trips out to the more major areas as a group.

On a side note, I invested a lot of time and money into OFC (Oceanside Fight Club) so I was very sad to get orders away from there after so much…Thankfully SDFGC picked up the slack and hosts them now and even got sponsored by Madcatz thanks to Markman being such a cool SD native. I bring with me a lot of equipment, experience, stick modding/building skill and personal contacts that will help get things running much faster and smoother than before.

SF this weekend?

Hey guys. Sry for disappearing for a bit. Work has been crazy, and I’ve been working on the weekends. Looks like I’ma be too busy this weekend too. :frowning:
I indent to make next weekend though.
You move into your house yet?

just moved into the house this week and we are still unpacking… little bit of a nightmare lol…

If any would like to come by the house sunday (anytime after 3 pm) we can have some casuals.

next weekend I will host at my house, its kinda huge and tons of space… this wont be the norm but as long as its under 20 ppl the wife can put up with it for a night. :slight_smile:

after that, I will be having it at most likely the candlewood hotel conference room.

Finally got all my gear (lol movers actually asked if I was an arcade tech because of all the parts and sticks lol) so ready to get things going. Still getting my workshop set up but can do mods if needed now.

for those that may be new: text me at (435) 625-1371

I am off all week (took leave to get the house in order) so if you want to drop by to play a few hit me up.

I will probably be there, I’m from the hardcore Raleigh anime game scene. I lived there and make the drive like at least once a month. This is only an hour away though so I can actually SLEEP IN MY OWN BED THANK GOODNESS. I live in morehead city now…only capcom game I enjoy is SFxT.

But yeah NC group is now on facebook I had no idea this existed until someone mentioned it. I’m kinda shocked you didn’t get in a group, it’s probably because of all the insane levels of inviting resulted in pruning unless people actually met you like once before. You can always start a jacksonville area group this is probably a smart idea.

Texas Tim have I played you I’m the C-Satsuki player that gets #2 to Brent at every tourney(I switched mains recently to C-S.Akiha in an attempt to get #1)

@ed1371, you doing casuals Saturday?

Yup, going at my house. Text me for address

When you wake up answer my text.

@durand you coming today?

Yeah I will stop by round 3.