I've noticed a serious flaw here

It’s level one supers.

Let me give you a scenario, I’m Sir Daniel or Nathan Drake against say… Ratchet or anyone with a decent level one. I’m screwed. I’m seriously screwed. The game even seems to know it because the All-Star level challenge gives me Nathan Drake and says: Here try and kill this guy. It’s like the only challenge I couldn’t do, he shoots a flaming barrel and it explodes? Who’s gonna get hit by that?

And Sir Daniel’s… electric pose thing. Is there a point to it? I really hope I’m just missing something when it comes to these moves.

It’s aimable in any of the upward directions. From what I can tell you’re either supposed to launch someone and then catch them with it as they tech in the air, or use it as a general anti-air.

Those who can use their level 1s reliably will be the best characters. Period.

Nathan’s level 1 is actually pretty damn powerful.

As for Sir Dan, his level 1 is useless as a anti-air. It’s got a horrific short range. Anyone smart enough who plays against Dan will know to avoid approaching from above or bait him into using it.

However, you CAN combo into his level 1. Here’s a one set up I use. I believe it’s possible to tech out of it but I haven’t seen anyone tried to yet.

http://i.imgur.com/cIWZ3.gif

You can also do it without the crumple and axe and go straight into the Down A, A, A, Up A, Super. There’s a a lot of variations of it as well, some involving the arrow to guarantee they don’t tech out.

Nathan Drake has a similar setup. However for both of them these are resets. They can still dodge in the air so it becomes a mini mind game.

For Drake he can hit with Barrel and end the combo with tranquilizer or do slide into tranq. They can’t double jump because of the tranq effect so you just do raw level 1. But again, they can air dodge. I’ve also done that Sir Dan launcher reset, but sometimes they don’t get hit because they are too close or too far.

Despite this, I’ve landed more lvl 1s with Drake just by projectile trapping with barrel, air magnum and air grenade launcher.

I’m trying to find some set ups that are will give me guaranteed kill but I haven’t found anything yet. If the arrow could just come out a little faster and last a little longer it would be perfect. That basic set up has worked wonders though because no one plays Sir Dan online.

I’m positive it’s shit 1v1 though. Sir Dan doesn’t seem very good in 1v1.

WOW there’s an entire section for this game?

What the fuck. DOA players have been asking for a subforum for how long now? >:(

How about you take it up with a mod instead of shitposting in a random thread?

Why not both?

THIS shit right here, ugh. I was fighting the AI and every time I’d go to air-tech out of his move I’d get picked up by this Super. His super isn’t as instantly useful looking as some others, but man can it really control the airspace above you, lets you punish them for getting away.

Yes, you can do that combo. OR you can pick Ratchet, or Cole or Fat Princess. It CAN be used but it’s just so much harder why even bother picking him?

Yeah and why is El Fuerte even in the game? Just pick someone better like Cammy.

edit: whoops I meant R.O.B.

edit2: whoops I meant Dan

edit3: whoops I meant Iron Tager

edit4: whoops I hope you see where I’m going with this, haha

Hold down or forwards.

In fact, to see it demonstrated just set the dummy to crouch.

It’s a little different when the only way to get a kill is a super and the option is between a well placed super and a combo netting you the same results.

The characters with bad level 1 supers are supposed to awesome level 2 or level 3 supers (not necessarily both), as well as other gameplay advantages. Problem is…I’m not sure that’s the way it really works.

The only real issue I have is with Raiden, who can combo his level 1 super off of a Throw or Counter. I mean, seriously…a throw?

My problem there is that building that level 1 is still a lot easier for the characters with good ones and the level 2 they get is often on par with another character’s level 1.

You mean it is techable by just pressing down or forwards?

Thats not a combo thats a tech trap. An easily avoidable tech trap at that. Hold any direction but up basically.

Sir daniel is the game’s worst character. That combo you see people do into his lvl 1, you can air dodge that… or just simply let yourself fall and the super won’t hit you. His level 2 has been easier and easier to dodge the more i play against him. His move set sucks and he doesn’t have enough AP gain. However drakes barrel is godly. SO much area control with that.