It's All or Nothing! - Chris Redfield Combo Thread

[media=youtube]B9xd0CX150g[/media]

made a combo video.

c.:h: at the end rather than magnum does more damage and gives you the option of a throw reset. I’m sure you already knew this but I thought I’d point it out anyways. Why does c.:h: do more damage? Does this mean that a specific moves damage is scaled depending on the amount you use it in a combo?

Each attack has different scaling values, light one being most affected and supers the least. There’s complete info o that in the SRK guide.

Anyone know why you can combo off of Cr.H after throws but can’t when you use it for OTG combos? is it because of hit stun decay?

So, I decided to fix the combos, especially the b’n’b section, like seriously, why add air Magnum as a combo ender if it does less damage than :d:+:h: AND allows the opponent to roll. Anyway, I’ve “fixed” them damage wise, and added which combos are actually misdscreen or corner only.

Bread n’ Butters and Midscreen:

cr.:m: > st.:h: > f.:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > forward jump Gun Fire :h: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > :d:+:h: [522,100]
*Your standard to go BnB that works anywhere on the screen. In corner do jump back Gun Fire :h: on first otg

cr.:m: > st.:h: > f.:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > air Gun Fire :h: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > jump Gun Fire :h: [517,100]
*Less damage than first combo for easier ground bounce set-up (no jump Gun Fire :h: needed)

Miscreen:
cr.:m: > st.:h: > f.:h: > Combination Punch :m: follow up > dash > forward jump Gun Fire :h: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > :d:+:h: [554,600]
*More difficult than first combo. Dash to jump Gun Fire :h: from Combination Punch :m: follow up is easier when opponent is closer to wall. In corner do jump back Gun Fire :h: on first otg.

Midscreen:
cr.:m: > st.:h: > :f:+:h: > Combination Punch :l: follow ups > dash :h: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > jump Gun Fire :h: > Combination Punch :h: Satellite Laser > :d:+:h: [964,100]
*omit the dash before the st.:h: in the corner

Combo #5 is NOT a b n’ b combo, it should be in like “other combos” section.

Combo #6 is not better than combo 3, so why have it under b n’ b’s section?

From Throw:

Combos 1 and 2 are good, but combo 3 is Tron ONLY combo (OK i haven’t tried everyone, but if doesn’t work on Sent, Hulk, Haggar, Thor and Dormammu than it doesn’t work at all), remove it from this section and create character specific combo section.

Corner:

These are good, no need to change anything.

**Assist Required Combos **

Now this section needs a LOT of work, because the combo listed is quite lazy, it doesn’t even use the wallbounce, it is not fully optimized and you should always add Flamethrower before doing Sweep Combo.

I was able to do:

:d:+:l: > :d:+:m: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > combo extender :a1: (Shippuga) > :d:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > combo extender :a2: (Molecular Shield) > :d:+:h: > Flamethrower > Sweep Combo [729,200]

Add:

w/Haggar Lariat Assist
cr.:m: > st.:h: > f.:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > forward jump Gun Fire :h: > :f:+:h: > :s: > :m: > :m: > :h: > :s: > :a1: > :d:+:h: > :dp:+:m: > cancel into Grenade Launcher when you hear Chris say “on” > Flamethrower [765,300]

Will add several combos tomorrow.

Also why the hell we are putting the Boulder Punch as Combination Punch? I don’t care if Capcom called it this way, it should be called BP.

Thanks for helping, managing this is a pain. I didn’t fix the magnum ender cause I got lazy >_>

Combo 5 or 6 isn’t a BnB, but it’s a midscreen that really just demonstrates otg-ing with air SMG. I’ll switch it if you find a more optimal midscreen using it. I don’t like it either, but I’d like at least one midscreen that uses air SMG.

As for assist combos, I didn’t even intend on having them on there in the first place since there would be a crapload of them, so please do help with polishing them. I’ll update this right now.

here is one i always do when i get the chance
cr.l,cr.m,st.h,forward H,S, air m,m,h,air magnum,land,forward h,S, air m,m,h,s, land cr.h

from there i either go for air throw reset,or i kfc the pistol into h boulder punch, Lvl3 to hurt the shit out of that sentinel

if you do the level 3 variation, you get 1,173,600 or 2,100,000 if you hit all of level 3’s explosion

Time to start new “X-Factor combos” section.

First, my [media=youtube]Z0zovFhnDo4"[/media].

:d:+:l:,:d:+:m:,:h:,:f:+:h:, :l: BP>:l:>:m:> XFC, :d:+:m:,:h:,:f:+:h:, :m: BP> Magnum follow-up (Sent is cornered), Air Magnum (ground bounce), :f:+:h:, :s: (relaunch), :m:, :m:, :h:, :s:, :a1: (I tried the usual, Jaguar Kick, Doom’s Rocks, hell, even Trish’s Hopscotch), :d:+:h:, assist connects, Flamethrower. [w/ Molecular Shield assist 1,577,100]
This combo will still kill him even if you start with :f:+:h: (will do above 1,300,000).

Sentinel must be midscreen or near corner (the furthest he can be away from the corner is two steps (his steps) to the left from where 2P is standing at the beginning of the match).

New Anti-Sentinel X-Factor combo, does less damage than the last one (will not kill him if you start with :f:+:h:), but is has no assist requirements. Technically the previous one is still better, because it is lvl1 X-Factor (your assists are alive), but I still want to post it, because it looks cool, and because you can have any assists with this setup.

:d:+:m:,:h:,:f:+:h:, :l: BP>:l:>:m:> XFC, :d:+:m:,:h:,:f:+:h:, :m: BP> Magnum follow-up (Sent is cornered), :d:+:m:, :h:, :f:+:h:, :s:, :m:, :m:, :h:, :s:, Air Magnum (ground bounce), Flamethrower. [1,372,400]

Sentinel must be midscreen or near corner (the furthest he can be away from the corner is 2P starting position at the beginning of the match).

Finally, I’ve found these post grab X-Factor combos on Youtube:
[media=youtube]yHKRXIVqfyw[/media]
Nothing special, but good to have a video in high quality.

you can get a kill combo on anyone in the game from a throw with xfactor and assist OR 2 bars (1 built)

it’s basically throw>2h>XFC>2m>5h>launcher>air combo with air magnum relauncher after j.S>2nd j.S knockdown>call assist>2h>flamethrower

using 5h>6h>launcher after the XFC makes the combo very inconsistent, sometimes in the second relaunch they will tech out of j.MMH. this produces consistent results.

if you don’t have assists to call but still want a kill combo, after the air magnum relauncher, do 6h>H BP>satellite laser

here’s an easy bnb with no meter that will corner the opponent from anywhere even from corner to corner and build a ton of meter! all jumps are forward.

any combo into launcher, sjM, sjM, sjH, sjS, land, j gun fire M, fH, S, sjM, sjM, sjH, sjS, land, j gun fire H, boulder punch H, dH

the sj hits need to be done in a slow rhythm so that you’ll land with enough time jump gunfire. you cannot add another hit before boulder punch because of hitstun deterioration. the boulder punch H will leave the opponent in a hard knockdown state so you can add a level 3 satellite if you have the meters or dH into THC with 2 or more meters. you can also just dH into any reset you like. if you’re good you can also use any of the other boulder punches instead of H.

some combos after a nearly full screen magnum hits from across the screen.

after standing magnum from across the screen this will cause wall bounce giving you enough time to jump forward magnum (depending on distance and opponent size you may have to dash forward before the jump forward magnum) this will cause a ground bounce allowing you to fH, S, sjM. sjM, sjH, sjS back to the ground to otg what ever you want.

a more simpler but highly damaging 4 hit magnum combo
after standing magnum from across the screen dash jump forward magnum, standing magnum, neutral jump magnum. learn the timing of the jumping magnum to standing magnum.

Easy? Definitely not easier than regular bnb combo, and IIRC with two Machine Gun shots the damage is the same (less if there are more than two shots), unless you finish the combo after Air Magnum with the Flamethrower, and that prevents THC’s. At least I remember this being pretty useless when I tested it (right after the ISE’s team combo video was avaliable). It is more of a show off combo rather than a bnb.

I’m sure everyone’s figured this one out, but it seems like it’s a pretty reliable combo

L,M,H,f+H, landmine, d+L,M,H, S and then air combo. However if it’s in the corner instead of the d+L, you do a regular L

With Spencer Wallsplat hit

Launcher SjM SjM SjH SjS, call in spencer assist low shot OTG, backdash and then do the hyper that starts with that knife, if you dont backdash ur hyper will miss

sorry im new to the mvc3 notations, but I thought this does around 634k damage with 1 bar

yeah your right it isn’t a bnb but it can build over a meter and a half if your able to do it consistently.

If you’re gonna use Spencer I think the slant grapple is preferred (for Chris specifically). You can end any combo with OTG + assist which puts them on the ground for a full flamethrower + grenade launcher super. It adds a tonnnnn of damage.

This is a really easy full/mid screen combo that’ll take the opponent almost all the way to the corner at full screen:

L, M, H, f+H, S, jM, jH, air magnum, S, jM, jM, jH, jS, d+H

I find on the first launch, if I do jM, jM, jH, I miss the air magnum relaunch more than I hit it. I will hit air magnum on this combo 9/10 times if I subtract one jM, worth it if you ask me.

Depending on your partner, you could even OTG into a super or xfactor cancel after the OTG and super for some real massive damage! Probably only applies to corner only though.

dude this is already posted on the first page, it’s his bnb combo.

Hokay so:

cr.m, H, fH, S, MMHS, f.jump Magnum, fH, MMHS, X-23 otg assist, BP H.

Corner to corner, hard knockdown. 536, 600 Damage. Or end with flamethrower - 569, 600 damage
Canceled into satellite - 982, 100 dmg

I haven’t tried it with any other low assist but since X-23 is on my team this works for me. Timing is a little strict but guaranteed corner to corner is the crucial part.

Corner:

cr.M, H, fH, M BP /w followup, cr.M, H, fH, S, MMHS, Haggar assist, cr.H, Flamethrower, sweep combo

782, 000 damage. Builds one meter. DHC’d into Haggar Press - 921, 500 and then into weapon x prime - 1, 112, 300 damage.

It’s important to not use an air magnum because the sweep combo uses a bounce, so instead you can catch them on the way down from your BP follow-up with cr.M. Once you get the hang of timing it is a piece of cake. The combo above will give you 43 hits after a full flamethrower so try to cancel into sweep when you see the counter near that point for maximum meter gain.

Like Carpark mentioned, ALWAYS end your combos with flamethrower, even if you don’t follow-up into sweep combo, you can’t pass up the bar it gives you.

No. They list (after first launch) jM, jM, jH.

If you take out one jM, the air magnum is really easy to hit. That was my point. Where does it say that on the first page exactly?