Item Knowledge Database

>Keits

I may be against items, but you’re doing a really good job here. And it’s like every thread is getting a sticky? Can mine get one? j/k

Appreciated.

You will all remain free to not like items, but i’m going to do my best to legitimize them as a seperate style of play. I dont want to hear ‘items are a joke’ anymore, because while often hilarious, they certainly are not.

Just a FYI concerning Assist Trophies in case some people don’t know.

They CAN be knocked out of soemone’s hands before it breaks. I’ll have to look at the timing window on it as I’m sure I have a replay showing me and someone else fighting over the same trophy 3 times going back and forth where we eached dropped it from getting attacked. The window is small, but it is droppable before it breaks.

Beam Sword appears to do more damage depending on the strike zone (like Marth/Roy/Ike’s sword). Also, Smash Attack damage appears to vary from character to character.

Ike w/ Beam Sword:

Normal Attack (knocks opponent slightly forward) - 4% (tip), 5% (center)
Tilt Attack (knocks opponent forward) - 8% (tip), 7% (center)
Smash Attack (knocks opponent diagonally forward) - 14% (uncharged center), 13% (uncharged tip), 18% (fully charged center and tip)

Standard Throw (knocks opponent forward) - 12%
Smash Throw (knocks opponent diagonally forward) - 15%
Running Throw (knocks opponent diagonally forward) - 14% or 15% (it seems to switch from one to the other every time you throw it)
Up Throw (knocks opponent diagonally forward) - 13% (if hit while flying up), 10% (if hit while falling back to the ground)
Down Throw (knocks opponent diagonally forward) - 10%
Weapon Discard (knocks opponent behind you) - 10%

Shielded - Yes (can take about 3-4 normal attacks before the shield breaks)
Perfect Shielded - Yes
Caught - Yes

EDIT: Oh yeah and Keits, it’s “Item Knowledge”. Yeah I know, I’m a spelling Nazi. :rofl:

thanks… im surprised my firefox spellcheck didnt catch that.

can you clarify on “knocks diaonally forward”? is that diagonal up or down, and is that forward the way you were facin when you threw it? Also, i had no idea the damage would change for many different types of throws. smash throw? didnt even know that existed.

Diagonally up, and I was facing forward.

Smash Throw is what I call the throw where you see the little sparkle come off your character as you throw it. You can do like a tilt and throw and you won’t get this.

does the item fly farther or faster using a smashing throw? can do an up smashing throw? how about in the air? if so, down smashing throw?

Regarding Hammers:
Pit and Wolf can definitely rapid projectile those with hammers for free damage.
Best position on a floating stage seems to be to put your back to an edge, block the first hit, then throw them over the edge. Either the hammer falls out of them, and you get it, or they fall to their deaths.
A regular hammer, when knocked loose from somebody, will last a full duration when picked up again.
A golden hammer will dissapear when knocked loose.

Also, regarding pitfalls: You seem to be able to up+a when hit in the air, so not quite sure its exactly a OHKO. So I guess it classifies as a Meteor

It flies a bit faster, most notably (besides the sparkle effect mentioned) it hits harder and gives more knockback.

You can only do it on the ground, I believe. Which basically means up and forward.

Ok. So I think Wolf’s deflector can reflect any reflectable no matter when he uses it. This is at the start, and towards the end. Has this been confirmed? It is hard to get an AI to toss a Pokeball at me when the shield is still on. They always throw it up. And I dont know if this works with all characters with a reflector.

I’m surprised no one mention Item Eating

Dedede, Kirby and Wario can also eat items with their neutral B moves. The item provides no additional benefit to the eater other than removing the item from play.

Dedede can also eat his Waddles. Wario can also eat his Bike.

Also, you can eat food while on the ground by pressing A.

Air-dodging with the grab button in midair dodges the item and catches it.

Latios and Latias create a wind effect when they’re in play, pushing other characters and items around the stage. Kat and Ana DO NOT have a wind effect.

Diddy’s peanuts (the regular ones, not the explosive ones used in his Final Smash) can be caught and thrown. His bananas can also be picked up and thrown.

Kirby’s Final Smash picks up all the items around and converts them into other items.

Bonsly hits anytime between the toss and when it starts walking again or disappears, meaning it will hit with full force after bouncing on the ground.

1st posted updated to include listing for character-made items. Did I miss any?

[quote=“residentwaterfowl, post:31, topic:39509”]

I’m surprised no one mention Item Eating

Dedede, Kirby and Wario can also eat items with their neutral B moves. The item provides no additional benefit to the eater other than removing the item from play.

Dedede can also eat his Waddles. Wario can also eat his Bike.

Also, you can eat food while on the ground by pressing A.

[quote]

If any of the characters eat an explosive item, will it explode after they eat it and cause damage like it would when eating Snake’s grenades?

snakes grenades. knew i forgot one. should wadledees and doos count as items?

For Maxim Tomato - If someone picks this up you can stop the heal by hitting them.

Also, by Spring you mean the purple thing or Sonic’s Up+B? Cuz if used on the ground Sonic’s Spring will stick around for quite a bit.

^_-;

Hmmm, I would say count 'em as items if they can be reflected like most items can.

Also, R.O.B. can make a spinning top.

If someone is near wario and he eats an explosive it causes damage to people in the area as well. I assume same goes for dedede and kirby.

I’m sure people know this but unira can be hit diagonally into opponents.

Its probably worth noting now that even motion sensor bombs explode upon being hit.

O and bumpers have huge knockback when you directly hit an opponent when throwing it.

O and from my experience if the opponent has a deku nut stay close. If they hit you with it up close it easily will simply knock you away while they are stunned.

Great stuff guys, keep it coming.

is it really true that maxim heal stops on hit? if so that legitimizes them completely. is the same true of hearts? ill test both when i get home if someone doesnt beat me to it.

Keits, the timing is very strict. You have to catch them as it’s getting picked up. If you can do that reliably, more power to you. You end up preventing them from ‘eating’ it, and it falls to the ground.

The only ‘stopping’ that can be done afterwards is attacking them as their damage is decreasing. The result is their damage ends up decreasing by 50/100 minus the damage you do, so for instance, a fresh Reversed Warlock Punch would be a net reduction of 15%, on a tomato, or 65% on a Heart (50 - 35, or 100 - 35).

However, knockback is still calculated based on their damage at the time of the hit, so a good smash at the start of the healing might KO them as the damage decreases.

If Snake hits his grenade with another grenade, both will explode right there. This may be useful when people are trying to throw your grenades back at you.

Snake can also use his Nikita missile as a shield against projectiles. The missile will not detonate but will have its trajectory altered if it comes into contact with a projectile (usually, it tilts upward by 30 or so). I have no confirmed that it won’t detonate when hit with an explosive, however. And I’m pretty sure it will detonate if hit by a crate/balloon/blast box/other container.