It will all be over soon. The Heihachi combo thread

My no meter bnb is currrently:
j.:hk:, st.:hp: xx :dp: :mp: > st.:hp: xx :dp: :mp: > st :hp: xx :dp: :k: > :p: (last punch for extended dp)

8 hit combo, 432 damage.

Still looking for good 1-2 bar combos though.

I know you can’t link two cr. MPs on Kuma because of his weird hitbox. It makes sense that other combos don’t work on him as well. In turn, I imagine there are a few Kuma specific combos out there waiting to be discovered.

Just tag cancel the the punch follow up into your next character, that’s probably his best 1 bar combo.

For a two bar combo, I just cancel the last st. HP into super.

i was just wondering if any of you guys where trying cr.lpx2 into b.mp it took me a while to get it but its a good hit confirm into any of his uppercuts even hard punch it doesnt do the greatest damage but it good for hit confirming

You can link into b.MP? I thought it was a no go (There’s no Brady guides available in my area. :\ )

Am I the only one having problems with his dp-motion with kicks auto-correcting to a quarter circle forward motion all the time? When ending my combos with the standing hp xx kicks dp his countermove comes out like 80% of the time. Is there a shortcut that differs from sffiv 4 or something I’m missing here? It’s extremely annoying when I’m in a pinch and lands a long combo and then when I’m trying to end it and swap in a different character I just get this stupid countermove instead.

yeah, happens to me sometimes. i’m using a d-pad so when i’m doing dragon upper before i press down into qcf i just stop short a bit and it comes out.

I don’t have the guide either but iv got it to work in the training room but it’s a tough link I think its good for wasting meter for super and wit not so I only just use two bars instead instead of three

You can always use the SF4 shortcut of df, df. Or 33/11 for weaboo notation.

Thanks, I didn’t get the df>db>df xx k shortcut to work in sfxt but I’ll try out the df, df a bit (didnt know this shortcut existed tbh). Have you guys found any useful anti-air normal for heihachi? f lp works but it’s very timing specific and it’s very easy to mistime it and get punished instead, at least for me. Dp kicks doesn’t work very well either, seems like anti-airing in this game overall is much harder than ssfiv.

Pretty sure your inputs are just being sloppy. His counter has more priority than his dp, but it’s a HCF nor QCF. Basically this just means that you have to make sure to not accidentally hit back or downback when doing his dragon uppercut, otherwise it’s inconsistent.

ya anti airs in this game are kinda wierd but b mp is god like if u can react with it u can juggle light dp to st hard punch to m kick dp off of b mp

This is a solid bnb, I also use it. for 2 bars, you can add super at the end instead of Kick DP for more damage, it does almost 600 (570ish I think). I believe for 1 bar you can throw in his EX DP at the beginning and get a bit more damage, but I don’t think it’s worth the meter really. I was thinking for 1 bar maybe instead of the 2nd DP you can do his EX punch move that wall bounces, then do :dp: :mp: > st :hp: xx :dp: :k: > :p:. Gonna test when I get home.

One thing to note about this bnb, sometimes if you don’t get the j.:hk: meaty enough and it’s blocked, people can mash to interrupt the st.:hp:, so it may be worth it to do MP or back MP instead. This happened to me a few times online already.

Does anyone have maximized combos from heihachi’s various overheads? I think that the strength of this character (besides damage output obviously) is his high/low mixup game with f. MP being a fast low from standing and his like 3 different overheads. However, it’d be good to know how to maximize damage from each of these situations.

I agree about his high/low mixup game. A few days ago I didn’t even know his combos and I was beating my friend solely from his overheads and f.MP.

As for combos from the overheads/f.MP, I’ve just been doing st.LK, st.MK (1-hit), st.HP, EX DP into combo. If there’s no meter, you can just cross rush and let your 2nd character squeeze in a little more damage.

Edit: Nvm. After b.LP/f.MP, you can actually cr.LP into f.LP,MP into ground bounce combo. Much better meterless.

Alright, got home and tested. The most I could get for 3 bars was 672 by doing the bnb and ending with cross assault instead of kick DP. Obviously this is going to vary depending on your partner (I’m using rolento). Using an EX DP at the beginning of the combo netted me 631, finishing with EX palm (wallbounce) into super got me 621, while using only 2 bars (bnb ending in super) results in 597 damage. IMO 35 extra damage for 1 extra bar isn’t worth it, but 65 damage might be.

Depending on your team composition, You may be able to get almost 597 damage using a tag in during Kick DP at the end of the bnb and then finishing meterless with your partner or maybe more than 597 if you use an ex with your partner. I probably wouldn’t use the meter unless I knew I was gonna kill.

So I didn’t see anyone really talk abou this at all but the best damge of a cr.lp for no meter seems to be
cr.lp, f+lp,lp xx dp+mp, hp, dp+mp, hp xx dp+k,p

Also no one is really talking about b+mp which is pretty good, its awesome anti-air also you can link into it from cr.lp though its pretty tough. Here is an example combo using b+mp that does decent damage (almost 400 for no meter)

j.hk, b+mp xx qcf+lp, b+mp xx dp+mp, st.hp xx dp+mp, st.hp xx dp+k,p

B+mp combos make combos off the overhead and f+mp do a bit more damage but they are tougher and not worth the risk. My normal overhead combo is

b+lp, lp, f+lp,lp into whatever

Also it seems like the best damage for a switch is if you do the shortest number of big hits possible into dp+k,p and then tag I can get almost 500 for two meter this way with Marduk.

Well if you’re factoring in a j. hk to start your combo, you’d be better off leaving the b+mp out of the combo altogether. Example:

j.hk, st. hp xx dp+mp, st.hp xx dp+mp, st.hp dp+k,p for 432 damage no meter.

well you use the j.hk has a crossup and then the st.mp into light demon breath is the actual hitcheck.

You can also do cr.lk into light demon breath link b+mp but you have to be really close. I mean if you can just hit check the jump hk then I guess your good without the demon breath part. Its just a bit safer for pressure than just hp into mp dp.

Did anyone mentioned yet that :b:+:lp:, :f:+:lp: xx :lp: into whatever, can be connected from further away and has better damagescaling (compared to :b:+:lp:, c.:lp:, :f:+:lp: xx…)?

On Heihachi’s cr.mp or cr.lp into st.lp combo, can it be mashed out by 3 frame SRK’s on block?

I was wrong about my combo it actually does do a bit more damage it doe 437 vs just hp’s 432. Hit check into 437 meterless not bad.