It seems difficult to zone balrog

once he has ex especially…also, did he need crouching fierce to antiair? i don’t mind everything else, but that crouching fierce is annoying.

don’t jump in like an idiot. Japan pretty much figured out how to zone balrog. Each character can just stuff out all balrogs specials with a normal. Just figure it out ~_~

i only jump in attempt to safe jump, or crossup. but i gotta learn these normals :wink: then i’ll only have to worry about getting through sagats bullshit, and i’ll be good to go.

if you are safe jumping and crossing up correctly you will never get hit with cr.fierce.

sometimes i let my emotions get involved and do jump in at bad times, but it can be corrected. do you know what normals stuff balrogs moves with ryu? i know crouching medium works, does crouching strong/standing strong work too?

ryu in particular can just cr.jab balrog’s specials. ryu can even cr.front then combo into shoryuken on balrogs ex specials.

Everyone always tries at least one jump in on me, and after they eat the mighty c.fierce they usually completely stop doing random jump ins (unless they’re really scrubs) so I don’t get to use it as much as i’d want.

One of the things i really want to improve in my balrog’s game is standing mp. That shit stuffs like all of crossups (unless they’re doing it on wakeup, which happens most of the time). C.fierce is often too slow unless you really saw the jump in coming and s.mp would be much faster and easier to do on reaction.

Training mode. Set Balrog to endlessly dash and find what works best for you. This can be done to learn how to beat almost anything in the game. Learning things for yourself is better since you might forget random internet advice.

Zoning also depends on the character your playing and what your definition of zoning is. If your play a shoto or a fireball character it is better to keep a half screen distance than a full screen distance. If you keep that half screen into the corner it is hard for him to get out.