Is that possible to pull off Vergil's spiral swords loop for a pad user?

I am a pad user and I’m having a hard time while trying to pull off his spiral swords loop

I need your help,guys!!

Switch your L trigger/L2 to:l:

thanks dood,gonna try it out later

I tried that…

Yes, they are possible. There are players that do them in tournaments on pads. As somebody else said, set a trigger to L. If you’re not getting it, it’s on you, not the controller. Practice it more.

If you’re on the Xbox 360 and you’re NOT using a custom pad or at least a transforming d-pad controller, it actually might be in no small part the controller’s issue.

I’m a hybrid player at this point given that I can play most of my characters fluently on both pad and stick, but whenever I have to use an X360 controller with a regular d-pad, I get miserable results. This is in spite of the fact that I actually have more practice with regular d-pads now since my custom pad is somewhat falling apart (400+ hours of labbing Marvel alone on that thing… it deserves to R.I.P). The “floaty” design of the X360’s standard D-pad is just…fail, and I’ve done almost every “impractical pad combo” my characters have to offer on a pad =/

thanks for the comments,guys!!
in fact,I have to say that the ps3 controller is much better than Xbox 360’s controller(in my opinion)
I’m a ps3 user

Common sense will tell you that the PS3 controller is better.

not at all,at least Xbox controller’s d-pad is better than ps3 :X

yah, juss set your L2 to L Attack it’s helped me a ton doing SS loops on PS3

^thanks dood,it really helped a lot

Heres an alternative to the L2 method(i currently do both )

I had to adapt to this method because my ps2 pads L2 button was kinda wonky. Instead of changing anything during the actual loop i actually charged with L and did all my hard attacks with dash (R2) all the hard attacks are crouching so as long as you are already holding down dash wont come out.

I see

I’m using a ps3 and I change my r1 to L and my l2 for assist 2.

okay i see but I set R3 for assist 1/2…it’s weird to see but it works fine for me

Yeah. I have L2 set to L and R2 set it L+H (so I get diagonal arrows with taskmaster plus allows for dashing) and after three hours of practice today can do the SS loop with using L2 as my L charge button. Slightly uncomfortable but just takes time. My only problem with swords loop is them being too high that the 263M special (spinning moon?) wont knock them down and they flip out. But thats more a timing issue than anything…the actual charging to spiral swords I can do. Just takes some practice.

Edit: And I agree PS3 pad > 360 pad. I’ve been practicing on the glowing PS3 controller (afterglow) and it does help when on 360 pad, but god bless the PS3 pad. So responsive (and only the official. haven’t found any other model as responsive)

Good stuff

Bawse!

Vita player here, except during weekends. After playing so many fighting games on the portable (Gameboy Advance then PSP then PSV.), let’s just say that combos involving holding buttons will forever be my waterloo, and I’d sooner get the hang of nearly anything else.

Vita player here, except during weekends. After playing so many fighting games on the portable (Gameboy Advance then PSP then PSV.), let’s just say that combos involving holding buttons will forever be my waterloo, and I’d sooner get the hang of nearly anything else.