Is moonsault press throw invincible?

I know the EX one is not. Some guy online kept throwing me today.

No. Even U1 isn’t Throw invincible. >.<

Edit: non-reversal moonsault press is theoretically throw invincible since all grapplers are invincible to throws if they don’t press any buttons on wakeup. You didn’t say meaty throw, but in the event you did mean meaty throw…

Anyone ever checked out the practicality of unthrowables with Hugo? IIRC he has a shit ton of pre-jump frames, reference:

You can cancel your pre-jumpframes into a special? Hmmm…
I wonder…
Hits the lab

This set-up doesn’t work because Hugo stands up slower than Gief apparently.

Yeh, just delay or eyeball it, it doesn’t need to be a perfect meaty, just decently placed. You can do Hugo v Hugo and just do a mp.clap whiff setup into spd, those are just about meaty. Like if Hugo can stand neutral (not press any buttons on wakeup), if he gets thrown then it’s a 3f meaty and if he doesn’t get thrown (it whiffs), it’s a 2f meaty. That should give you some wiggle room.

I went back to practice mode and it works.
On H.clap.
Which is a PUNISH.
Someone call tech support because I think I just broke Hugo…

Ultra throw and Back breaker work as well but, SPD,MS and lariat don’t.

Works as in you can cancel pre-jump frames into the special to make it unthrowable and avoid the meaty throw or what?

Yes. 100% yes.
Especially works wonders against Abel, geez that match-up did a complete 180 in my book.

Gonna need to get a replay of one of your matches of you using it when you get a chance. I’ve played the match and i definitely felt that the 50/50 was so in Abel’s favor.

I had one that was really good a couple of days ago but that stupid YT upload system kept failing on me >.<
Shame too, I even did super on his wheelkick :slight_smile: