Is Amaterasu one of the most matchup dependent characters in UMvC3?

Amaterasu isn’t bad by any means, she has a lot of tools. However, which tools are useful is dependent on the matchup and player style. What I want to know is how matchup dependent her tools are. For Ammy, every move and tool is useful, but she has to use them very intelligently. Is this true?

She is designed to overcome any matchup. Her size is probably her biggest advantage as it limits zoning and mixups against her. Reflectors eliminate a huge amount of derp since your opponent has to respect it. Paper is an incredible tool against vertical approach. She has great air mobility, and standing m makes her a good ground contender.
She’s a fantastic character.

Dunno if this is the right thread to ask, but anybody have tips in the Dormammu matchup? I feel like I have to play like Haggar, just jumping and blocking until I can get in. Once I’m close it’s fairly easy to whiff punish, go for a grab, or whatnot, but that’s not the hard part. If he has no meter, I can airdash + arrows willy nilly, but that’s hardly ever the case. My buddy plays Dormammu + missiles as a shell, and my strat with Ammy is to survive long enough to get Hawkeye a tiny bit of meter to come in and clean up the mess.

I know bead stance is generally frowned upon, but does it help in the Dorm match whatsoever? Thanks.

Why don’t you just start Hawkeye? As far as I know, Hawkeye handles Dorm well, and can snipe HM assist pretty easily.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing lately. Rather than letting Ammy get vaporized, I’ve been tagging in the Hawk to avoid the match altogether. It’s worth spending XF2 just to kill Dormammu, I feel like both Hawkeye and Ammy can handle solo Doom.