Iron Maiden: Tron Bonne 2.0 (Now With More Servbot!)

The drill is gonna be the better assist if your point character is trying to rush down and apply pressure, the boulder’s gonna be better for assisting a keepaway point character. Which assist you use is going to be dependant on your team.

Well, then there’s the matter of the third character. It wouldn’t be smart to have two keep-away characters on a team with Tron, there’s no AAA. The only effective teams that won’t use AAA’s are rush-down teams. So, idealy, you’d want someone who can help generate offense… in which case you’d definitely want to use Tron’s drill.

For example: MODOK/Dorm/Tron would be fucked if you get rushed down. So, say you change it to Morrigan/Dorm/Tron. Cool, now you have a great AAA. Morrigan’s probably going to want that drill assist a lot more than the boulder, though. I suppose you could choose the boulder if you really wanted to, though.

Even then, I don’t see the boulder helping a helluva lot while playing keep-away. I’d rather have the drill always. Besides, say you’re playing keep away and get cornered, if you can sneak in one block-string ending with Tron’s drill, you might just have enough blockstun to work with to get out of there while the opponent’s in blockstun.

What I’m trying to say is fuck the boulder unless it has OTG properties.

This is what I really want to know. Stopped any theory-fighting until I find out.

It’s…weird. The ones on the ground are definitely Backwards-srk. The ones in the air are definitely not backwards-commands. I don’t get the thought-process there.

Some thoughts:

X-Factoring King Kobun…does he still continue with the super or does he go back to normal.

Beacon Beam, can you still mash out of it to escape like in MvC2. If not, is it possible to set up her infinite from mvc2 (Beacon Beam/Kobun Shot wash rinse repeat). I know that hit stun is reduced as combos continue, so instead is it possible to do a bnb combo into lunch rush, X-Factor, beacon beam, dash up and combo into king kobun?

Can she otg after her sweep, or can she super jump cancel it (that is if that’s in this game) into an OTG like in MvC2?

I think Tron/Doom will be a good combination, apply pressure call out doom, if pushblocked kobun shots to prevent them from jumping and drill or wave dash to get back in. Of course this is all speculation though.

from the looks of it, her assists will be low on the risk/reward scale.
the only thing i can guess about the new drill command is to prevent mindless useage…or going from crouching to a dash/f.move kept causing the drill instead of the desired move.
i wonder if all j.s will spike. from what i’ve seen, the same goes for sent and hulk. god i hope not.
and since it hasn’t been brought up yet in this thread, her j.hp now knocks the opponent down. it’s every bit as useful as a crossup, but the options after crossing up…i don’t yet know.
it’ll also be highly important to see how advancing guard treats the drill: will it push it away and leave her open to get raped (like punishing an assist in MvC2 mid-screen while cable goes to AHVB), or will it work like in MvC2 where the timing of the AG determines if you’ll crush the guard?
if anyone knows how lunch rush works so far as a DHC coming after it, i’d love to know. i don’t expect LR,HSF, but i do wonder if some projectile supers will sail over the grounded body.

I love Tron Bonne(In fact, she’s my favorite character), but I just wish her assists weren’t so…meh.

It’s a shame nobody really got a chance to play with her assists. She is supposed to have some pretty good ones according to Seth Killian. A thought, did anyone really try the Flamethrower assist? Or how about the Boulder assist up close where the boulder hits as it’s getting picked up?

i’m not all that concerned with what seth has to say.
about the drill command, i think the idea was based on the 3 button system requiring creative inputs. and since tron only has 1 air special, the input is simple. on top of that, it’s said (i won’t believe it until i test the hell out of it) that the drill is safe on block - that would take the need of TKing it away. i wonder if it still can be TKed since DPs can be TKed…if so, it’s gonna take some annoying stick practice for me.
assist-wise, just give me her throw back and i’ll be all set!

TK is probably possible, but don’t count on the grab assist coming back.

Just wondering who you guys looking to pair with tron, I think im likely to play her but unsure who to use with her but i guess that will sort its self out once the game comes and we can see what works.

I’ve heard the boulder toss assist is really good and pretty decent for pressure strings.

damn this thread is lonely, T-bonne is one tough bitch. Im def gonna put her in, big ass pokes that hits multiple times, ground bounce and eat projectiles. Sick ass level 3, that you cancel out of blockstun into xf then grab they dumb ass. Drill that you can loop a couple times or cancel into super or launcher, easy ass 100% in xf and like 60%chip set ups no meter. Anyway just some things to think on if your a T-bonne fan.

Lol, ever since the Sentinel/Lei-Lei reveals nobody ever takes time to discuss things in character threads like this.

Judging from the looks of things it would seem as though T.Bonne would benefit from an anti-air assist I was planning on having a Zero/T.Bonne/Sent team. Robots only please lol, I still haven’t seen Tron’s assists properly yet I suspect that her boulder assist may have potential but we’ll see I guess.

Drill assist sounds like pretty promising lockdown pressure to me.

Played the CES build yesterday. I had hoped to explore her other assists properly but although i picked them, the opportunity to see how useful they were didnt really arise. Drill is pretty good. It comes out really fast. The lockdown pressure is good, but because of how tron travels, it pushes the opponent back quite far. If you can call tron and get a cross up, then I imagine it works pretty well. It works anyway, but just be prepared to get your chase on.

Corner pressure tool maybe?

I would say that’s a safe bet, as reportedly it leaves you in range for her command grab/level 3 on block.

Or maybe a nice assist for a character that can teleport/use long-ranged attacks (Ammy?).

I think he meant drill as an assist and not on point. But yes, blocked drills leave you in range for grabs.