Invincible Teamwork - Defeating the 'Unstoppable Assist'

Hsien-Ko has an Ultra attack that gives her the ‘Anti-Reaction’ Shield that makes her deadly as an assist. She won’t react to getting attacked, and she’ll cut your ass to ribbons. I’ve noticed this is a favorite tactic for people who use players to close the gap in battles, like She-Hulk or Spider Man. What I’m asking is ‘how do you deal with the attack reactionless Hsien-Ko?’

Bait the assist and hit it with a beam super or something similar. Since she doesn’t flinch, she’ll take unscaled damage. If your team doesn’t have that available, then snap her in to make the super run out.

I don’t know how many others can, but Spencer just rapes the hyper armor assists with his Bionic Lancer super. Once she starts to swing, throw out the Super and he’ll punch her for huge damage and keep going right through her. At worst, you’ll take 1 hit from it. Now that can be actually be a good thing if they’re point blocks the Super cause by the time you recover from that one hit, they will have been in blockstun the whole time from the Super.

But other than that, just respect the assist and block it. Other option is to zone out they’re point to keep them from using it. But if you approach and they throw it out, just avoid it. Its not actually THAT annoying to deal with if you’re patient and cautious.

Personally, I’d either try to hit it with an invincible super, snap her in. You have to be real careful about snapping her in. She’s better than you think. Not by much, but just BARELY enough to get you killed if you don’t take her seriously. I’ve had my Hsien-ko snapped in, and the person in their infinite wisdom tried to rush me down the moment I started falling in. Big mistake, as I wasn’t happy about her getting snapped in, and she was in hyper armor mode. His Wolverine died miserably, and he had called his assist, so it was crippled. NEVER rush down someone with super armor active.

Snapping her in results in her simply using air and ground gongs to build meter, then eventually tagging out, or DHCing out under the cover of it.

If you collide with a gong, she can armorize, and DHC out into a super and you’ll most likely eat that too.

One idea, would be to bait her out as much as possible, and try to super her from a position the assist will miss from. then snap her in taking away all that red health. If you’re lucky or good, at this point you can hopefully rush her down and get rid of her.

The best way to deal with her assist wasn’t mentioned yet. What is that? It’s simple. KILL HER OFF THE BAT. Snap her in anytime she isn’t armored and kill her on point, and if she starts the match, rape her immediately. Then you don’t have to even worry about the assist at all.

Without her, most of the teams she’ll be in will now be susceptible to getting rushed down. Something like Amaterasu with an assist that combos with her jumping light or medium [instant overhead even on normal sized characters] into a big combo would be sexy enough.

Oh, $#!+, one less bitch we gotta worry about.

Since she doesn’t get juggled or have damage scaling when hit, she can get OHKOed by hyper sentinel force (no xfactor), and maybe other supers, but that’s the only one I’ve seen it happen with so far.

characters like Storm or Sentinel can wreck her day because Sentinel Force or Hail Storm continues to attack even if you trade with Hsien Ko assist. This will do massive damage and your opponent (If smart) will be forced to stop calling her for awhile. It’s up to you to work on snapping her in so she loses that red health. After that you destroyed the teams synergy.

Although I use Hsien Ko im glad there are people looking to stop this assist as it makes me a stronger Hsien Ko player, you’d be suprised at a lot of people who retardedly just jump head first into a rush down only to get chopped down by my Hsien Ko assist.

^^^

the only times my hsienko as an assist died was at an x factored sentinel calling HSF out of nowhere, basically killing my assist or both characters in rare cases.

beam supers not so much, since 10/10 times, my assist will get hit, but not long before she hits the beam user, effectively ending their super for about 25%~50% red life + a combo

although if they use her as an approach tool from full screen for some wierd reason, feel free to bust anything out that can go that far

These are all very good methods from what I’ve seen. Here’s my two cents.

Hitting Hsien-Ko is easier done with a character who can teleport freely, since then they can get behind both the assist and her and then do some nasty damage. One technique I’ve used is calling in an Assist when she does her assist and letting the opponent believe they’re hitting point AND Assisted character, because then my Teleported Character can blast them away while my assist just goes back to waiting; And potentially being used in a three man super, which ends the point character, and Leaves Hsien-Ko with little help when she falls in.

Not so effective with they X-Factor block though.

Hyper Sentinel Force + Activate X-factor = dead dead-girl

Does that just make her Re-Dead? Or … Un-Dead?

lol. I will have to try this out later.

Just dead.