Invincible Lunch Time

Hello folks. Just thought I’d bring up some interesting stuff for Tron again after some ranked matches. So I guess we all know Tron’s Lunch Rush super has start-up invincibility, though it doesn’t necessarily beat out many supers on reaction. It does have it’s uses as it can help avoid Gimlet chip, and in my last online match just now, I was facing a Deadpool player that used the Cutting Time super that would have hit Tron since I think I hit a button, but I used Lunch Time for the invincible start up, and I was surprised that Deadpool’s super didn’t come out, instead he gets hit by the Lunch Time.

So I guess it could have some uses against certain characters. I was planning to get in the lab and see just what else it could be good for. I always thought it could help her avoid Hulk’s Gamma Crush if he’s right next to her. Wondering if anyone else has had moments like these?

EDIT: After some lab time, here’s stuff I’ve found.

C. Viper - Impractical and unlikely to happen, but you can avoid and punish the first bit of Viper’s Burst Time Hyper (QCB + 2 atks)

Chris - If right in front of Chris, you can punish the Grenade Launcher. For the multiple weapons hyper (SRK + 2 atks) it’ll avoid the first hit but trade with the electric rod part. The servbots won’t come out.

Haggar - For the Rapid Fire Fist super (QCF + 2 atks) it will avoid the first hit, causing Haggar to move as though it whiffed so it’ll punish. (fairly useful I think)

Hulk - You can avoid the Gamma Crush when he jumps if he’s up close.

Iron Man - Impractical and requires some luck. Basically you’d have to do the super almost immediately after he does the Proton Cannon since pulling it out is a hit.

Jill - You can avoid the little kicking Hyper (SRK + 2 atks)

Shuma Gorath - You can avoid and punish the bite attack for Chaos Dimension. Shuma will still have the timer, but most of the time will be expired after the Servebots trample him.

Spencer - Impractical, but you can avoid the Bionic Maneuvers with the right timing.

Spider-Man - Would require you to wait a little and delay the Hyper so that Spider-Man ends up on the ground. Sometimes its punishes, sometimes it whiffs.

Zero - Pretty interesting. If you’re up close when Zero does his level 3, you can input the Lunch Time Hyper to avoid the quick moving projectile completely. If he doesn’t X-Factor or recover quick enough it will punish. From say full screen, you can still avoid it, but you’ll have to wait a little before inputting the hyper.

Cool stuff. The only thing I ever used that invincibility for was to just punish gimlet lol.

^ I’m a little surprised I hadn’t included that since I’ve done that too, but I figured most Trons knew that already. o.o

I actually had NO IDEA she has invincibility at the beginning of that super. O_O

Had no idea about the invincibility before, but I guess we all know NOW.

^ The more you know…

I’m sure this will be quite helpful for you all. And of course, the projectile durability of the little projectile of the attack will beat out normal projectiles and beams unless they use a hyper of their own.

Just remembered something when I was testing stuff against Skrull way back when. If you have three meters with Tron then you can get out of the odd mix-up situation with Super Skrull’s lvl3. Even if you don’t know which direction Skrull will show up on, you can do a half circle motion with two attack buttons to use the start-up on either Tron’s level 3 grab or Lunch Time to avoid when Skrull hits the ground to trigger the hyper cinematic. So long as it’s a half circle motion, then you’re guaranteed one or the other. Pretty sure the lvl3 grab punishes, and Lunch Time would too if they don’t X-Factor cancel. Of course, I doubt many, if any, Skrull players would just throw out lvl3 for no reason.

my friend still doesn’t believe this move is invincible. I always end up looking stupid when I try to use it in a match

Yea, just the start up is invincible. Can’t throw it out like Bionic Arm and just punish everything.

It also beats out Maximum Wesker at about start distance since he passes right through you, back in front, the rush animation activates, and he runs right into it. Don’t do this point blank though, does not work. This method also works with X-Factor block canceling in midscreen as well