Input lag with KOF XIII Steam Edition (Windows 8)

I used to play a lot on GGPO with Windows 7. Even when just emulating games there would be some input lag unless you disabled the default Windows Aero Theme (to basically put it in a Windows XP kind of mode), then it worked fine although still not quite as smooth and lag free as using win XP.

I recently upgraded to Win 8, decided to buy KOF 13 steam edition. Load up training mode and yep, still get the same input lag (compared to console version). Looked at the Win 8 Personalisation settings, but it doesn’t seem like you can turn Aero off? I tried switching to the high contrast modes which seem reminiscent of XP mode; maybe it did something but its still not good enough.

Anyone have a similar setup/solution? I might just make an XP partition if I can’t figure it out… and yes sorry this isn’t really to do with the game, more my OS

on the plus side even with the added input lag though I can tell the online has been improved, although it’s still not perfect.

Peace

Some friend had a fps issue with sf4ae in windows 8, he solved it with the windows compatibility setting in the properties menu. maybe that solves something.

I had a friend with the same problem, but it seemed to go away when he put the game into windowed mode.

It’s the netcode it’s mediocre they haven’t improved it much at all.

Remember: Bad Internet can’t be fixed by Good Netcode.

LiquidLord, CaptainGinyu; did you even read what I wrote?

LoyalSol, thanks a bunch man that seems to have done the trick.
For anyone else with this issue/setup I strongly reccomend adding parameter ‘-window’ to the startup options for the game.

Peace