"INFERNO DIVIDER!"-"NII-SAN!" ~ VAs of BlazBlue

Share your thoughts on voice-acting in BlazBlue. You can praise or bash one particular voice you like or dislike, or speak your opinion on BB’s voice-acting in general. Remember to point out the language to which you refer. Complete listings of actors can be found in characters’ own sections including the minor changes between CS - Ex in BlazBlue wikia.

I myself play and have always played BB with Jap voices. I don’t think the English VAs are horrible or don’t suit their characters well but it’s more of a habit to me, I watch lots of anime too in Japanese too + many of the Japanese voice-actors in BB were already familiar to me before playing the actual games.

To those who didn’t yet know: since the first game there’s been a internet radio show called BlazBlue Radio (Bururaji in common) running in Japan. It includes three regulars: Ragna’s VA, Tsubaki,s VA and Noel’s VA as hosts and in (almost) every episode they have a guest from the (Japanese) cast + series’ producer Toshimichi Mori and sound director/composer Daisuke Ishiwatari have been guests a couple times.
In the show the hosts and the guest(s) talk about news regarding the games and do regular programs which include voice-acting, drawing and sometimes playing the games. One episode usually lasts about 40-50 minutes. Although the show is in Japanese, there’s about a dozen episodes subbed in English in YouTube.com. Even if the episodes in YT are quite old they’re still pretty fun to watch. If you’re curious just search “bururaji.” :3

…I shouldn’t have watched those radio shows. What a time sink.

It was pretty cool hearing Tomomi Isomura talk outside of BB though. She’s not as squirrelly outside of the game but I can hear a little of it in her voice.

Plus she can sing. <3

(Ragna)Sugitu Tomozuku- Voices Gintoki, Switch, Hidenori and Kyon
(Jin) Tetsuya Kakihara- Voices Natsu, Simon
(Hazam[FONT=book antiqua]a) Yuichi Nakamura- Voices Gray, Greed[/FONT]

[FONT=book antiqua]All are amazing[/FONT]
[FONT=book antiqua]

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg444/scaled.php?server=444&filename=natsustares.gif&res=landing

[/FONT]

Nakamura is the S-Tier VA. Honestly, the guy is incredible.

It’s great that an episode of Bururaji in which Nakamura is a guest is subbed in Youtube. I found it really interesting when he talked about how he had to develop and rethink his acting when moving from CT to CS.

I just recently watched an old episode in Nicovideo guest-starring Relius’s VA Junichi Suwabe. It was funny how different he sounded with his normal voice. He was much more cheerful than his character, in the same fashion as Nakamura who didn’t troll in his episode.

I love Jin and Ragna’s English and Japanese voices… but I’m partial to Tetsuya Kakihara… I also like Hazama’s voice in both but not as much as Jin and Ragna.