I'm in the bandwagon

Alright, well lately I’ve noticed popularity in Strange and I want in on it. I started using him primarily for his bolts assist, which is godlike for both my Morrigan (point) and Doom (2nd) and so I want to incorporate Strange into that team. I’ve read some of the threads here and they have great information and I just have a couple questions:

• Are his teleports generally safe?
  • What is his best mixup tool (e.g. EoA to teleport)?
  • Are his supers invincible on startup? I think the rings one is but I’m not sure
  • What is the best way to deal with air based characters (Doom, Magnus, etc)?

Yes, I am a Strange scrub that primarily fell in love with his assists… yes I play him anchor… yes I SoV to X-factor… Any help is appreciated

Well:

-His teleports are not that safe. People who likes to press buttons (a.k.a Vergil players) usually will hit you before you recover from the teleport. So usually I call an assist before using the teleport, but as you are playing him as an anchor I suggest you to use one of his projectiles before teleporting. The best for this is the Flames of Faltine because it’s his fastest one. You can use it raw or create some Graces of Hoggoth before using it.

-His best mixup tool is definetely the Graces of Hoggoth and the Flames of the faltine. However, for a more instant one, I’d go for the Eye of Agamotto + Impact Palm or a Daggers of Denak M, keep in mind that these ones have slow startup so only use it if you are safe and far from the opponent, or if you are in XF3 (which makes all his tools very fast). Also against big characters a raw Flames of the Faltine is also very good, as it is very slow and allows you to teleport and create a mixup and pressure.

-Spell of Vishanti is not invincible on startup, but sometimes it can still come out if you are hit when using it. If you get hit in the very first frames it will not come out, though. Seven Rings of Raggadorr is only invincible if you get to use it against a projectile that hits you. Otherwise it will whiff and let you vulnerable. Level 3 Astral Magic is invincible on startup but you will became vulnerable if it whiffs.

-The best way to deal with this ones (as an anchor) is with Grace of Hoggoth mixups. Usually 1 or 2 yellow Graces works better because it tracks your opponent and allows you to teleport safely. If a flames of the Faltine powered up by 2 yellow graces hit them in the air, you can fastly teleport and continue a combo as they will be crumpled until they return to the ground. H teleport is also very good as it tracks the opponent in the air. You can always super jump and use his flight to stay longer in the air. Don’t get too greedy on using an Eye of Agamotto as they can always air dash and hit you. And you always have the Spell of Vishanti to punish a lot of things they do.

Also keep in mind that Strange is VERY unsafe. I’ve seen a lot of people using s.M > Mystic Sword L as a blockstring but a lot of characters can punish it. I reccomend you to use as a blockstring c.L > s. M > Impact Palm > (Mystic Sword L for bigger chars)/(Mystic Sword M for smaller)/(H teleport for pressure). You can also delay the Mystic Sword L for a “frame trap” or use Spell of Vishanti if you feel that they are going to punish you.
Hope that helps!

Wow, this is great info, I really appreciate the help, thank you