"I'm eating rockets!" Wesker thread 2.0 now with 100% Ourubouros!

Doctrine Dark had a little lab accident, so I will be running things while he recovers from his little infection.
For more info on the Biohazard at the Spencer Estate you can check the old thread

Intro video:
[media=youtube]LHWhCP9ETsk[/media]

Walkthrough video:
[media=youtube]jiunukkvliE#t=2m48s[/media]

Marvel vs Capcom 3/Wesker - Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!

From what we see so far, he appears to have a nice rush-down game, with the ability to mix Strider like teleports into his overall game, along with his Samurai’s Edge, which further adds to his potential versatility.
Wesker is all about confusing your opponent and profit from it.

Movelist

Legend:

:atk: = any attack button
:atk::atk: = any 2 attack buttons
:l: = light attack
:m: = medium attack
:h: = hard attack
:s: = exchange/special
:a1: = Assist 1
:a2: = Assist 2
XFC = X-Factor Cancel

Command normals:

Samurai Edge ? Forward + :h: - Shoots a bullet from his gun
You can follow this up with:
Forward + :l: - for a forward teleport
Back + :m: - teleport backwards
Forward + :h: - Teleport upwards

Samurai Edge Low ? Down/Forward + :h: - Low shot, can be used for OTG

Air Samurai Edge ? Down + :h: while jumping

Special moves

Cobra Strike - :qcf: :l: - a thrust punch

Ghost Butterfly - :qcf: :m: - a double palmed strike that leads into a wallbounce
Can be followed up with :h: to teleport in closer

Jaguar Dash - :qcf: :h: (Follow Ups) Jaguar Kick: :h: + Cobra Strike :qcf: :l: (Must be performed after Jaguar Kick)

Phantom Move - :dp: :l: (Forward) :m: (Backward) :h: (Up-Forward) ? his ?teleport? doable in the air up to three times, doing the :h: version in the air brings you down

Jaguar Kick - :qcb: :l:/:m:/:h: - Wesker?s command throw, the :h: causes a low wallbounce and chance to follow up

Tiger Uppercut - :rdp: :l: (High Counter that leads to an auto-launch) :m: (Low Counter that leads to a wallbounce Ghost Butterfly) :h: (PROJECTILE COUNTER that leads into wallbounce Ghost Butterfly)

HYPERS:

Phantom Dance: :qcf: :atk:+:atk:-Wesker uses his great speed to hit the enemy back and forth repeatedly, similar to Spider-Man’s Maximum Spider. You can combo into it in the air, as well as use it as a standalone Hyper in the air. It also has great cross-up ability.
This most damage when connecting with the opponent at the center.

Rhino Charge: :qcb: :atk:+:atk:-During this Hyper, Wesker gets into a stance where he positions his arm for an attack. If the enemy lands a melee attack on Wesker during this sequence, he unleashes a powerful thrust, which does exceptional damage to the opponent. This Hyper is effective against any melee attack and even shown to be effective against Cap’s Hyper Charging Star, which is a melee Hyper attack. Once this is landed, Wesker can continue his attack.

Lost in Nightmares: :dp: :atk:+:atk: -This is Wesker’s Level 3 Hyper. Wesker hits the opponent with various attacks from every direction incredibly fast, and finishes with a missile to the face of the opponent.
This attack has startup invincibility

Assists:

A: Ghost Butterfly
B: Samurai Edge Low
Y: Jaguar Kick

Contributors

Doctrine Dark
Yillin - for Combos
KomboKaze - for Combos

Team Synergy:

Magneto: Wesker?s Low Samurai Edge works wonders as combo extender for Magneto, next to that Wesker is an excellent battery to give Magnus the meter he needs.

Trish: Her traps can lead to insane resets for Wesker?s combo assault

More later

Matchups:

To be updated

Combo?s

Lvl3 XFC:

:l: > :m: > :h: > Ghost Butterfly > Wall bounce > :l: > :m: > :h: > :s: > jumping :m: > jumping :m: > jumping :h: > jumping :s: > Samurai Edge Low > XFC > Lost in Nightmares

(Midscreen Only) :d::l:, :d::m:, :d::h: xx :qcf::l:, dash, :df::h: OTG, :d::m:, :h: (2 hits) xx :qcf::m: xx :h:, j.:h:, land, :d::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, dash, :df::h:

:hcb::l:, :f::h: xx :l: (teleport cancel), :d::m:, :h: xx :qcf::m: xx :h:, j.:h:, land, :d::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, dash, :df::h:

(Corner) :d::l:, :d::m:, :d::h: xx :qcf::l:, dash, :df::h: OTG, :d::m:, :h:, :f::h:, :d::m:, :d::h: xx :qcf::l:, :a1: (something like Iron mans alpha), :df::h:, :qcf::m:, :dp::atk::atk:

Forward Air Throw, Dash, :df::h: OTG, :d::m:, :h: xx :qcf::m: xx :h:, j.:h:, land, :d::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, dash, :df::h:

Most of them are just variations of those ideas. The last two are special case utility ones:

(Against an airborne opponent) :f::h: xx :l:, :d::m:, :d::h: xx :qcf::l:, dash, :df::h:, <insert prefered follow up>*

:rdp::h:, :f::h: xx :l:, <insert follow up of choice>*

The last one is neat because you can use it against projectile spam.

:Moving Edge:
:l: c.:m: :h: Ghost Butterfly > Samurai Edge Forward Shot XX :l:Phantom Move > C.:m: >:h: >:s: >J.:m::m::h::s: >DASH+Assist >Samurai Edge Low shot > :s:> J.:h: > Phantom Dance

:Striking Kobra:My mini coast to Coast combo**MID SCREEN ONLY
c.:m: :h: XX(First hit) Cobra Strike>Dash>Samurai Edge Low Shot> c.:m: >Cobra Strike>Dash>Samurai Edge Low Shot>C:m: :s: >J. :m::m::h::s: > Dash+Assist> Samurai Low Edge>Into w.e you want
[media=youtube]5gbrmPsL6Zg[/media]

:Gun Dance:
:l::m::h: XX(First hit)>Ghost Butterfly > Samurai edge Forward Shot>:l: Phantom Move>Wait C.:m::h: xx(first hit) Samurai edge Forward shot XX :l: Phantom move> C.:m: :S:>J.:m::m::h::s:>Dash+Assist> Samurai Edge Low shot> :S: >J. :h::s:>Samurai Edge Low Shot xx anyteleport

:DA LOOPZ+rESET:
C:m: C.:h: Ghost ButterFly> DASH C.:m: :h:XX(first hit) :l:Phantom Move >C.:m: :H: XX(First hit) :l: Phantom Move>C.:m::h: XX(First Hit) :l: Phantom Move >C.:m: (Then they will pop up , allowing you to reset… Because its your only option from here , only certain characters are in range for the launch(its 500k if you get the launch though)
Confirmed
*Magneto
*Hulk
*She Hulk
*Wesker

Reserved for Excella Gionne

You’re gonna wanna remove those “kfcs” from your post before a mod sees. It’s supposed to be XFC.

Anyone got any good uses for jaguar dash other than some sort of blockstun+assist mixup?

I meant crossup…sorry.

Wesker can cancel Samurai edge into his hyper by pressing the 2 assist button.

Anyone have a list of BnBs? Wesker seems to have quite a few combo options, especially when it comes to extending combos with assists. He also has some corner-distance specific stuff with wall bounce Ghost Butterfly and a bunch of OTG setups - if anyone could help out here and then have the first few posts updated to reflect that, it’d be a great help to newer Wesker players like myself.

What I find myself using midscreen is the standard combo that Wesker has:
:l: > :m: > :h: > :s: > j.:m: > j.:m: > j.:h: > :s: or Maximum Wesker.

However, he’s also got:
:l: > :m: > :h: > Cobra Strike> :h: Follow Up> j.:h:> land> :s: > j.:m:> j.:m:> j.:h: > Maximum Wesker

Though in all honesty the second combo is really finicky and I don’t even bother going for it, however, if you can get it to work for you, go right ahead.

Here’s a few corner combos to get this show on the road:
:l: > :m: > :h: >Cobra strike> OTG Samurai Edge > c.:m: > c.:h: > :s: > j.:m: > j.:m: > j.:h: xx Maximum Wesker.

:l: > :m: > :h: > :s: > j.:m: > j.:m: > J.:h: > j.:s: > Call in Skrull Tenderizer Assist> OTG Samurai Edge> Maximum Wesker OR Lost In Nightmare.

The Skrull assist is swapable with any assist that holds the opponent in the air long enough for you to recover from the gunshot and go into super. Also you have plenty of time to call in the assist then the OTG, if done with the Skrull assist, you CANNOT call the assist in at the same time you do the samurai edge, skrull’s too slow, so if you’re using a different assist, make sure you test out when you can call them in.

Also, if someone could tell me how to use the fancy button notations for the forum, I’d be glad to clean up my combo transcript.

Wow this thread does lack combos.

I’ll list my bnbs then

:Moving Edge:
:l: c.:m: :h: Ghost Butterfly > Samurai Edge Forward Shot XX :l:Phantom Move > C.:m: >:h: >:s: >J.:m::m::h::s: >DASH+Assist >Samurai Edge Low shot > :s:> J.:h: > Phantom Dance

:Striking Kobra:My mini coast to Coast combo**MID SCREEN ONLY
c.:m: :h: XX(First hit) Cobra Strike>Dash>Samurai Edge Low Shot> c.:m: >Cobra Strike>Dash>Samurai Edge Low Shot>C:m: :s: >J. :m::m::h::s: > Dash+Assist> Samurai Low Edge>Into w.e you want
[media=youtube]5gbrmPsL6Zg[/media]

:Gun Dance:
:l::m::h: XX(First hit)>Ghost Butterfly > Samurai edge Forward Shot>:l: Phantom Move>Wait C.:m::h: xx(first hit) Samurai edge Forward shot XX :l: Phantom move> C.:m: :S:>J.:m::m::h::s:>Dash+Assist> Samurai Edge Low shot> :S: >J. :h::s:>Samurai Edge Low Shot xx anyteleport

:DA LOOPZ+rESET:
C:m: C.:h: Ghost ButterFly> DASH C.:m: :h:XX(first hit) :l:Phantom Move >C.:m: :H: XX(First hit) :l: Phantom Move>C.:m::h: XX(First Hit) :l: Phantom Move >C.:m: (Then they will pop up , allowing you to reset… Because its your only option from here , only certain characters are in range for the launch(its 500k if you get the launch though)
Confirmed
*Magneto
*Hulk
*She Hulk
*Wesker

:d::m: > :d::h: > Cobra Strike > f.dash(twice if YOU are in the corner or from midscreen) > OTG Samurai Edge Low: > :d::m: > :h: > options below:

1. :s: > :u: > j.:m: > j.:m: > j.:h: > j.:s: > land > Assist like Dante’s Jam Session > OTG Samurai Edge Low > Lost in Nightmare
  2. Ghost Butterfly > Wallbounce > :h: Teleport > j.:s: > land > :m: > :h: > Option 1 or 3
  3. :s: > :u: > j.:m: > j.:m: > j.:h: > j.Maximum Wesker

The third option was the first one that I tried right after opening the game just from knowing how the vs. series games work and me assuming Wesker had a :qcf::atk:+:atk: that could be done in the air. So it’s probably the easiest one to learn. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you need to XFC the OTG Samurai Edge Low to land the Level 3 hyper.

Tragic’s video is similar if not an exact copy of that 2nd option: [media=youtube]Y_pCeiTiLSE"[/media]

Edit: I hate myself for not refreshing a thread when I’m trying to type out a reply. Look at Kombo’s stuff. In general, after an OTG Samurai Edge Low or a Ghost Butterfly > :h: Teleport, use :d::m: to keep the combo going. :d::m: has good reach.

is it easier to do wavedash after the cobra strike->OTG low samurai edge? because it looks pretty hard to get to do the OTG if i have to dash twice when im not in the corner. or is there actually a lot of time before the opponent recovers?

You basically have to wave dash twice canceling the second wavedash into df+h to get a little slide to get it consistently.

From the Wesker Question thread:

Use that notation. It’ll help you cancel and perform the OTG gun. It works for me so I wanted to offer some help. If it doesn’t work then you might have to :atk::atk: xx :d: xx :atk::atk: xx :df::h:

Yeah i got it figured out pretty much. What I do is just wait for a bit after the first dash starts then wave dash in the middle of it.

I posted this in the video thread already but i made a small compilation of Buk’s Wesker combos/setups. Justin.tv - deviljin01 - Videos

What I’ve been wondering since ever. How do players get air grabs on command? Are they meant to be or are they random. Any tips?

Is there a trick to getting combos off of OTG Samurai Edge? My opponent always seems to recover too early no matter what I do.

All depends on what you’re doing to cause the OTG for you to combo after it
For example;
You can combo OTG from an cobra strike combo

If you mean like after cobra strike (qcf+L) or ghost butterfly (qcf+M) what i do is use the wave dash technique. The reason you’re having trouble is because u dont have the tools to dash up fast enough to create an easy combo. Basically after either of those moves what i do is dash forward then half way into the dash press df+any 2 attacks. That will let you wave dash in the middle of the dash then end up quickly next to the opponent. Wesker’s dash is cancellable into anything so after the second dash u can just cancel it when u get close before it even ends into samurai edge low so you can pretty much OTG shot them while you’re still moving in the dash. Its really cool looking and gives u plenty of time to start combo.