Ignore this thread

Nevermind.

I haven’t been playing 3s much recently but I can still help with the minimal knowledge I know. Besides using the EX combo you should be hit confirming low strong into SA2 unless you’re utilizing Healing. As far as running into problems with the EX combo it’s not from the Rhino horn but rather the last hit of SS whiffing on crouching twins, Chun and Oro from farther ranges.

As for your second question there really isn’t many top Elena players or footage of Elena players in general. I know there’s a little footage of KO playing Elena in Danisens, MOV & Kuroda playing Elena is up on youtube, and there’s footage of Five Star playing Elena in a SoCal tournament.* *But even with the ones I listed that amounts to maybe 5 or so videos in total. Simply put if you want to learn Elena you’re going to have to gain experience through playing with her.

PET SHOP

*Yeah. I like JoJos but there really isn’t many people to play with and learn the game when all thats out there is GGPO and Supercade.

As for Elena in general she plays like Chun without as powerful array of normals and less powerful hit confirms.*

I’m going to assume that her towardMP or towardMK link into Super is a one frame link? What are her really bad matchups? Other than Chun I don’t see anything like 8-2 matchups or anything like that. Her bHK is a good poking tool and it beats a lot of tick throw setups.

jwangggg:

1. I think it depends on how small the character is and if they’re crouching. I know that some characters like Chun/Yun can block the rest of the hits from max distance. The better alternative would just be cr.MP->SA2. It’s one meter, but you’re guaranteed to land it more than the bread and butter EX combo.

2. Combofiend, BuffOtaku, KO, Kuroda and MOV off the top of my head. I know that there are other Elenas(I think Rikimaru mentioned “Orona”?) but I can’t remember their names…OH! There is Yakiniku. He was a pretty good mid-tier Elena player from what I remember, based on the Game Bingo team tourns.

I think I heard that f.MK->SA2 links on crouching opponents, but I don’t remember for sure. As for her really bad matchups, Chun and probably Yun are her worst. Everyone else seems doable, and she actually has some dominating matchups. She also does decent against Makoto, but Mak has an easy 100% stun juggle against her.

Elena is considered to have 3-7’s against Chun and Yun by traditional tier lists I guess. It doesn’t matter, none of her match ups are that bad. I think the toward MK link to super is 2 frames, you could be right that it’s one though, not sure. BTW nobody has answered either of my questions or given me and useful information I didn’t know. I may not have made it clear that I’m not new to 3s, I just didn’t know one specific thing about Elena.

EDIT:: aku, thanks. You posted at the same time I was typing. :slight_smile:

This is some good shit: http://youtu.be/oxOyFWMw-3A

Also, LOL at Kuroda being good at Elena. Kuroda is good with everyone fool. He’s fucking Kuroda.

*Aku basically said the same thing as me lol but I think he worded it better. *

I’m not exactly sure on the window of linking f. mk to super on crouchers myself but I believe it has to hit meaty.

Now that you mention it, I think it does have to hit meaty. f.MK is only +2 hit on crouching opponents, and SA2 has a 2frame startup so it wouldn’t be able to link by itself.

Yeah, it does.

not sure on the bnb combo, but as mentioned Chun, Oro and some other small chars are hard to hit with the EX Spin Scythe. I have the feeling that it whiffs chun almost constantly, when she’s crouching, and leaves you wide open to punish.
Dudley is another case I know of, I found him hard to hit full with the EX Rhino Horn but you can groundcross-up him easily in the corner, which comes in handy to land the combo or the super :slight_smile:

A nice option to have if you land the EX SS but dont have meter for more moves is to juggle your opponent by jumping after them and do the MP, HP targetcombo it allows you to dash under them if you want that, you can also fake it or just block,…you know just mixing up it brings you in a nice situation.