If you lack good HHS execution, should you still play Honda?

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Pretty much the question. I play Honda and there are plenty of times where my HHS just doesn’t come out and I’ll get a jab, followed by a fierce. </span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>Is HHS the end all be all for Honda? How well can Honda manage without HHS? If one can’t use HHS to its fullest, should they just find another main?</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>Some of my matches</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cOhRp8vWY</span></font><br></div>

Hhs is a central part of Honda’s gameplan - is his main pressure tool, main bnb, and best punnish combos. Not using it means you cripple yourself. Sure, you can still win, but above low level you will struggle, and can’t compete at high level. <br><br>I watched some of your matches - and I see you land some clean hhs combos, so your problem isn’t that you can’t do it, but that you lack consistency. I believe you shoudn’t give up - consistency comes in time. Practice more, go to training mode, turn on the inputs, and see where you miss execution. Try different tecniques for Hands, see which one you are more confortable with. And again, practice, and be patient - take things slow , and don’t get discouraged. <br>

you definitely need to learn it man, i just watched the first match and there was a spot where you landed cr lp, for a punish, if you would have got him with the hands the match would have been over 30 seconds earlier. it is insane for pressure too it does tons of chip builds lots of meter and is +8 on block or something ridiculous like that, nothing can punish it if you get the full chip. does 250 damage on average and when you link it into an EX hhs then do 1 more hhs you are doing something like 350 damage for 1 meter confirmed

Gotta learn it. Me being crap at it is why I never fully picked up Honda/Chun/Blanka. Although Blanka you can kinda get away with it.

There are some match-ups where walking forward with HHS the main reason you have a chance to win (i.e. anyone with an arsenal of badass AAs). So yeah man, unfortunately you have to be able to do it to get anywhere in a tournament. Just keep practicing - do it over and over in training mode in various situations. However, if you come to point where you think it’s holding you back and you still can’t do it on demand, switch to a character with an easier execution barrier.

That being said, you’re not even that bad with it. Just keep giving out free massages - you’ll be fine.

how are you doing it? pad or stick? if you are playing at home with a pad just use turbo. or hold the controller claw style. but if you ever want to play in a tournament dont ever do that shit. highly frowned upon/ illegal even though its much 100000x easier than hitting 1f links with plinking.

Hell I HHS when I DON"T wanna cause I go too fast on my inputs!! Some of the trials I took forever trying not to HHS. Drink more caffine JK. I find HHS on a stick is easy, on a pad a pain in the ass. I try to not use HHS too much online cause people expect hondas to use it. and I only use it as a punish or a retreat (as EX) piano key that shit if not make sure you got a good stick.

if you do it fast enough and dont hit its an option select, only jab should come out. HHS is a great tool for pressure, it doesn’t matter if people are expecting it, very few people can punish it on block because it is a frame advantaged attack… in theory no one should be able to punish it but there are times where you will whiff the last hit or so leaving you negative. hondas cr lp is an amazing poke that has a ton of priority and is pretty much essential for footsies. sticking out raw HHS without confirming via jab is quite risky, if they jump it you have a very long whiff recovery and will eat a shit load of damage from a jump in. as you said it is a great punish especially because it is a 4 frame startup on the cr jab so it will punish tons of shit and it will end up doing around 200 damage which is 1/5 of most characters’ health bars. using a bar to activate EX seems like a waste to me for a retreat because you will be open for a jump in but it is an interesting idea.