If Q got an overhead punch like urien's

:confused: :confused: visualize it Q players , i got this in my mind .
cl.short > T.fierce …or cl.short ->CDB

… will Q be beasty ? ( I DID NO SAY TOP TIER )

wtf you talkin about Q is already beasty. and if Q had a t.Fierce… it would lose… alot.

Q just needs to be a tad faster. His backdash is MAD slow…

I think he’s fine as-is. Can hardly argue with the masterminds behind SF…

He wasn’t meant to be that great, anyway. But he appeals to certain playstyles, and works great in that regard.

Would’ve liked his low HP to be a little faster.

In my opinion Q doesn’t need any new moves, just small tweaks to existing ones. Make back + roundhouse still trip in its early stage, but make the opponent still hittable after so you can combo like back + roundhouse to strong slaps or SAII, and then make crouching short chainable and cancelable like every single other character in the game. Make standing forward controllable (back + forward is close standing forward, neutral forward is far standing forward) and give it a lot more hitstun, close standing forward more hitstun, regular and overhead dash punches more hitstun and less recovery, and make the slaps safe on block. EX slaps needs to do more damage or stun, and SAII shouldn’t make a crouching opponent stand. Make SAI start up two frames faster, and make SAII start one frame faster. Make his backdash move faster and farther and make his toward dash a little faster. Make his base health the same as Hugo’s, but keep his taunt percentage increases the same. That should make him a decent character, I would say.

If I were to give Q any new move, I would give him Dudley’s crosscounter.

Q is already top tier.

That would be enough I think. :stuck_out_tongue:

make standing far middle kick super cancelable

note this would just be hilarious i dont think it would make q THAT much better

to be serious, just make it so pretty much every move q has isnt -retarded on block, especially low dash punch, and give him some better priority on a few attacks, with minor speed increases on his normals, and make total destruction not suck complete balls and he’d be pretty competitive, at least in the sense that oro is. it would be neat to see his sweep having say, -8 on block, instead of whatever it is (-32 or something HORRIBLE like that)

Faster? That’s it? I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it beat any normal even when timed right. Needs some priority. >_>

Anyway, if he had Urien’s f+hp, that would make for some sweet, sweet mixup after C&DB in the corner… dash punch, b+hp reset… Now you’d have to look out for not only another grab or a low hit, but a PUNCH TO THE TOP OF THE SKULL~

Well faster technically would mean better priority. The move actually has a decent hit area…it’s just insanely slow so there’s plenty of time to punish. Hence the low priority. Priority is mainly factored by 2 things. The speed of the attack and how many pixels of the screen the attack covers. If the move covers a lot of space and is fast then it tends to have good priority over other moves. If the move ducks/evades a lot of attacks (Chun’s c.MK, Ibuki’s df+MK slide) for instance) that can also help in the priority area. In order to make a move have better priority you have to change the actual properties of the move. It’s not just something you can magically enter into the game’s coding.

But yeah…the main reason why Q is low tier is because he has shit for offensive options. Even Hugo has better attacking options than he does. Q was basically designed in mind to be a defensive character though (I mean…why else would they allow you to make his defense insanely high through taunts).

Crouching fierce actually has nice priority and a much bigger hitbox than you might think, and it’s safe on block. The problem is that it only has a few active hitbox frames, and the active frames start a good while after you press fierce punch. If you time it so that the hitbox frames cover whatever the opponent is doing, it beats out the vast majority of moves in the game, even some dragon punches. If it seems like it doesn’t have good priority, it’s because of its few active frames.

It only has one, actually. Ryu’s low HP has 6.

It’s far from a low MP from a shoto, or back+HP from Chun-Li, or something… that’s the problem.

It’s almost better to gamble on a hit, and go for low HK. But it’s usually best to do nothing at all :zzz: Again…

Just would be nice with a good, powerful move, when you’re on the defense, trying to fight back a little bit.

interesting, i thought priority is governed primarily by your hit box during the move. Jabs come out fast but have crap priority, presumeably because the hitbox is positioned right over the attack box, whereas something like chuns b+fierce has high priority because her hit box is far behind her attack box.

i think q’s throw should do twice as much damage and make the startup on his fierce slaps the same as a dp’s in terms of speed and priority.

This would make people fear him at close range and would give him an answer to corner nightmares with twins akuma and jumpy characters in general. He would retain his crappy normals and general style. pretty much all i can see changing would be less jump back + normal for aa. You can’t do a wakeup fierce slap cos it’s too high so he still has to block loads.

Does he need more? i like his crap normals, it makes his game plan quirky. At least with those two mods he could deal with jumps and be scary up close.

oh well like machina mentioned . hey people i said that Q has urien’s T.fierce right ? so Q won’t be able to link supers like his over head dash punch which like have the chances of 8 out of 10 for average players to block it . with that over head punch in used in matches . it gives a problem for players against Q who are cornered , especially when they just got air-reset by Q , and they gonna get meaty overhead T.fierce attack .

this is the scenario , ken would probably get trade if he attempts to do shoryu reversals .
on the other hand , the player get tricked with C&DB when tries to parry that punch . lol .

right now there’s 2 moves that looks like C&DB animation , which is slappy hand and stand-strong :stuck_out_tongue: . however players still can differentiate it .

Overhead? Whats the point of blocking low against Q in the first place?

i wish he had a dashing uppercut, EXable, and juggleable after the EX one, itd make Q a lil better, a lil bit more surprising, think about it…

in the corner, either CoDB or Ex-dashing upper??? YEAHHHH!!!

Truth!

Chainable low shorts would make Q perfect. He wouldn’t need anything else.

then he would have the triple threat. Overhead, mid, low… into super.

one thing

his close standing mk is an overhead that’d rule

I’d rather they let dash punch cancel into taunts, easier taunts would be nice.