Ibuki Match Up Thread

Discuss your thoughts and tactics for this match up here -

I-BU-KI
NEEDS
TSU-MU-JI

So I’ve played quite a lot of this match recently against some high level players and from my initial experiences this seems like it’s in Ibuki’s favour. Ex air kunai seems like a complete pain in the ass for Guile to deal with, even on block (might have to make it a mandatory V-Reversal). There might be other ways to deal with it too but I haven’t checked them out in training mode yet. She can make you lose your back charge too which is always a bad thing. Her medium punch is a great normal and is extremely annoying.

One positive is that her hp is noticeably low if you score a combo, so I think perhaps the game plan might be a risk=reward kinda style rather than conservative.

season 2 ibuki is really good. can anyone help?

rip

@“Cereal and Milk” What kind of help are you looking for? Your question is too generic to answer.

What about Ibuki is troubling you specifically? Guile generally beats her buttons with stuff like sobat kick, bazooka knee and b+HP. Just have to be patient against her f+HK hop kick and the v skill. Space your booms well so she has to work hard to slide or hop over them and have your anti airs ready for when she jumps. Although now it’s a bit harder to do that now that she has more ways to change her air trajectory with the glide changes and kunais reloading faster/ex kunai reload.