Ibuki Critique Thread ver.3

Hi Ibuki SRK,

Welcome to the Critique Thread ver.3. Just post replays of either yourself or another Ibuki not doing too well.

What we talk about:

1. Match-up knowledge, or lack thereof.
  2. Poor decision making.
  3. When posting a video, also tell us what you think you did wrong. You’ll less mindfucked than you think

What we don’t talk about:

1. Decapre.

Structure guidelines:- these don’t have to be followed, but it’s a good way to kick start your critique.

[details=Spoiler]1: Give a general summary of the obvious weaknesses about yours or another’s Ibuki.

2: Say why something was a bad idea by stating the benefits of another option. For example: instead of punishing a blocked Ultra with cr.MP xx LK Kazegiri, use a more damaging punish with a hard knockdown. Don’t talk about not going for stupidly hard combos for a bit of more damage, or just say “auto-pilot” without elaboration.
[/details]
–>

These steps should help both the persons giving and receiving critique.

Repost from the Ibuki/General thread:

Had a quick set with RJH TX right before dinner, best of 3 games.

This was literally a mirror match in that I felt as if I was playing myself, only his execution was much better.

USF4: Ibuki (b0tes) vs Ibuki (RJH TX) 1/3:
http://youtu.be/VT7nZVECiYE

• I missed every link into st.mk, whether from f.mk or from cr.lp; I need to adjust better for latency with st.mk or simply going into st.lk xx st.mk xx ender, or not try to plink every input
  • I’m not properly hit confirming any of my cr.mp xx neckbreaker; mixing in cr.mp xx tsumuji or st.mk xx tsumuji into a frame trap follow-up makes more sense, even though cr.mp xx nb won be both rounds
  • Spacing was ok, could be better

USF4: Ibuki (b0tes) vs Ibuki (RJH TX) 2/3:
http://youtu.be/qNUYx6DvmV0

• Here I got straight blown up; his pressure caused me to panic in alot of situations resulting in poorly timed button presses into stun. Down back to block, except when it’s the overhead.

USF4: Ibuki (RJH TX) vs Ibuki (b0tes) 3/3:
http://youtu.be/FWJK-Qx38M8

• Comeback in round 1 was cool, after nearly getting stunned.
  • Round 2 I got wrecked
  • Round 3 I finally started hitting my links, specifically cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, st.mk xx nb

Generally, I need to:

1. Mix in more bonsho kicks, instead of hammer kicks
  2. More empty jumps into cr.lk, cl.lk or cr.lk, cr.lp, instead of cr.lp, cr.lp, etc
  3. Better anti-airing with ageman or cr.hp
  4. More BP-kara specials in the neutral

I was not perfect in this match by any means but it helped me get back into things and change my play style.

From what I noticed I would say that you did not look for the delayed wake up (DWU) and this helped me get some easy damage. I also noticed in the second video at :26 seconds you did a focus attack but did not hold it long enough to hit.

In addition to some of the things you said I would also try to look for patterns in the match and use them as opportunities to punish your opponent. I feel I abused sweep a lot as well as overheads.

Just had an interesting match against a Vega, I’d like to know what I should improve on.

Buffer more neckbreaker into your cr mp. :D. Works for me.

not my best game, but you can see what i’m working with atm.

Good to see this thread still around.

Is this forum still active?
if so i would like to post some of my vids getting better with ibuki’s neutral game

I’ll upload the replays later on the day, i can already say that they are ranked matches, and i have a habit of mixing up people and mind fucking them.
I’ll get hit by mashers i dont know why they get the priority @ the dash mix-ups setup, some people mash DP some mash trow and some mash light kick or punch.
I hate when i get hit when im rushing down in my mix-ups, does anyone have an tech for this setup to block mashers but continue @ people that getting mind fucked?
just like momochi tech.

If someone want to see some of my vids you can find some here https://www.youtube.com/user/lelylaan/videos
and if you type Killer T19 @ youtube.
I must say that im playing better then i use to those vids i want to upload i still have to upload of the gameplay/plan i have now.

youtube(dot)com/user/lelylaan/videos

this is not 1 of the matches i want to talk about but its just a nice match in my opinion