Ibuki and the Delayed Wakeup

Let’s be honest. We have to research tech to overcome the Delayed Wakeup.

Does anybody already have some video footage of the “Technical” Message of the Neckbreaker? Can we react to it?

I don’t think you can react to it, you just have to guess. I’m not an Ibuki player, however I think her gameplan will have to change drastically in order to survive. She’s probably gonna have to approach the opponent from the ground, and her mixup might revolve around overhead/low/throw rather than left/right.

With DPs being nerfed, there’s less risk in doing so, so that might be a solution.

Did you even watch the video?

I don’t think it’s a reaction, I think he’s just listening to the button presses. Nobody has learned to feint with dead buttons it seems.

There’s no way you can react, “technical” only appears when the wakeup has already begun. Just wait until people realize how to feint a DWU, then we’ll see how Ibuki will adapt.

It is a reaction. The player even said it himself! The cabinet setups there are head to head so you can’t listen or look at buttons, and how are they going to feint with dead buttons anyway since they can’t mess around with the configs on the arcade cabinet they don’t own?

The setup he’s doing covers both normal and DWU timing. J.lk/j.mk for normal, kunai for DWU. Definitely have time to react.

Oh okay, that’s pretty awesome. This means her gameplan is still intact, maybe a bit less ambiguous?

I’m exploring new characters for the new version, since Bison seems weak-ish and Fei just bored the crap outta me. If Ibuki survives in the new metagame, I might seriously consider picking her up again

A lot of Ibuki are excited because her tools are getting buffed, not really about having the vortex back. Even if she don’t have the vortex back, she’s still going to be a better character. It was only a huge nerf when her neckbreaker was soft knockdown.

Oh yes. I’m excited too.
Most of my games I’m winning aren’t due to Vortex.

New b.MP will help to deal with some bad Matchups.
c.LP 3f will be a constant, better Punisher now too against so much stuff.

And Ibuki will still be applying Kunai Pressure thanks to the adaption on the fly.

i got to use ibuki in the newest build of ultra at northwest majors over the weekend. delayed wakeup is definitely reactable post neckbreaker. i didn’t get time to experiment with timing setups post-tsumuji or sweep knockdowns. the latter two knockdowns definitely depend on spacing too so it’ll take a good eye and spacial awareness to differentiate what setups to go for (once they’re found).

one thing that will benefit ibuki’s knockdowns (at least early on in Ultra) is that unless the opponent’s really paying attention, it’ll be tricky to properly time the input for delayed wakeup. i got to play and beat Chaotix from Dallas in the Ultra exhibition tournament and he was telling me he was having trouble properly timing his inputs for it and got normal wakeup timing alot of the times. it seemed like he was having trouble with blocking the vortex because of the fact that he was so focused on using that option (basically being forced to think about more things other than blocking crossup/non-crossup).

That was because you guys weren’t allowed to use USFIV version of your characters during the exhibition tournament; that’s why nobody can use delayed wakeup.

When I played Day 1 Ultra at one loctest, nobody used DWU once lol. So I just used Cammy. Same stuff with less damage output.

Also, don’t listen to Duaie, he’s a Bison player, that means he’s a scrub like me. #Kappa

You can react to delayed wakeup? So you do cross up stuff if there is no delayed wakeup but kunai if there is?

I get it, but I don’t get it…if that makes any sense at all.

If you option-select cr.MP after a regular safe jump setup, it times the cr.MP perfectly meaty if the opponent choses to Delay Wakeup.
Risky but with a -5 on a reversal DP FADC, the opponent will think about it twice, and you can add more to it by option-selecting a jab and then go for a throw, to mix it up with the 1st option.

Couldn’t find this in the buki forums yet:

</dwu>

Can someone explain the inputs for the backhand kara cancle plzzz

Press fierce twice and executes a special move before the second punch comes out.