I won't lose, not to the likes of you! - Phoenix Wright Matchup thread

This. Switch back and forth during free moments or land the judge hyper to eliminate bad evidence. Problem with PW players is that no one thinks to use his other supers, like paperwork or Press the Witness. Paperwork is actually a decent projectile. Though, lets not kid anyone here, it’s just a lot more effective to use his evidence projectiles.

Paperwork actually feels more like a cover for his evidence usage, imo. Set up Paperwork as a shield, use evidence. Really good in a long range fight/situations where you need to setup, but don’t want to leave Wright open to rush down. Seems necessary for the cover evidence pieces (cell phone/folder).

Order in the Court is a good super against teleports and rushdown in general. Gets rid of all bad evidence, has invl startup, does good damage, and can DHC to get Wright out of there.

It’s also GREAT for punishing assists. I’ve gotten so many assist kills off an Order In the Court DHC into anything else.

against skrull maya becomes nearly useless

Some General Match-Up Tips

I cannot stress this enough, if your opponent is zoning, COLLECT EVIDENCE. This is Marvel, every combo kills anyway, some chip or stray projectile hits will not matter in the long run. Maya and cr.:l: go a long way too. A little harder against guys like Deadpool or Dorm 'cause of teleports, but still. Once you have your evidence, build some space somehow, and set up your own zoning game.

Also, learn to read and react to raw teleports. This is vital for keeping Wright alive. Covered teleports with mix-ups are harder, but still. Maya Shield helps here to take a hit and survive a mix-up. If your opponent tries some funny stuff, block towards Maya (Wright should walk towards Maya). If Maya’s in front after the teleport, she’ll take the hit. If Wright’s in front, you’ll block, and it simply becomes a matter of high or low. Also, hope your opponent teleports behind you; with some luck you’ll be pushed into Maya, and you’ll fall out, letting you block or counterattack.

Learn to tell when your priority is evidence, when it’s Turnabout, and when it’s the kill.