I need tips and advice on matchs up for USF4 ver 1.04 [Help]

Hey guys

…I m struggling alot against zangief USF4 in ver1.04 , does anyone knows how is the match ups in this version of the game? I used to know how to deal with the match up against him from vanilla to AE12, but I feel so much have changed now that I m getting lost sometimes because Certain moves were punishable before but now it’s much harder to punish …for example his wiffed Lariat was easier to punish before but now I cant beat that shit clean without getting so frustrated

Also I have been playing against an Elena player alot … I feel like this match is one of the worse match up for bison, ofcourse after Guile’s , any tips on how to deal with Her BS up close or in general ?

And Vs Rolento match up, man I knew how to deal with him before the latest update …they buffed his shit really good now, i feel like all my new and old knowledge of the match Ups went down to the drain…

anyways, can anyone give me some advice and thier personal opinion around these matchs ?

Zangief=Stay as far as possible due to his n00by Piledriver. Try using EX cancels or spam the Head Stomp. Or maybe do close combos and teleport before Gief grabs you.

Elena=Never fought an Elena, but try EX-ing or Focusing attacking into Ultra her. Or, try using Psycho Crusher cross overs or Knee Press combos.

Rolento=Way too cheap! One of his Ultras is unblockable, which is cheap and n00by. Maybe try baiting him to roll over and kick him or punish him.

Anyway, there are other cheap characters like n00by Cammy or n00by Akuma

Hope this helps!

Zangief is a very difficult matchup for Bison, the reason is because Bison low damage capabilities is pronounced Clearly in this matchup. The best approach is to play a reaction and baiting game against the Zangief player,in this matchup Zangief can afford to make lots of risky options because once he gets in, he can deal a ton amount of damage easily, and he can afford to get hit by Bison alot more than some of the other characters.
Try to space him out but do not be too predictable with your buttons, pay close attention to the zangief player style and choose the options most likely to hit him. If the Zangeif player is passive and play footsies try to sneak in a dash and grap if he becomes too defensive. Against his Lariat, use either St.mp or St.hp to beat it at max distance, do not use your kicks unless you know how to time it to beat Lariat. It is a very difficult matchup because you cannot afford to make mistakes.

I am not experinced against Elena but I do think she is difficult to deal with because of her weird hitboxs, both on land and air. I can’t help you here because I haven’t come across a good Elena yet.

**Rolento **matchup is basically a momentum game, if you get cought in his rhythm you will most likely lose, the same is also true for Bison, once Rolento get cought in Bison rhythm he is done for. Rolento can punish Bison escape options and he is capable of dealing a high amount of damage, but his defence is poor and if you keep rushing him down he has limited ways to get out that you can anticipate, but because of that, Rolento players will Ultra you in the occasion so try not to push your advantage too much when they got an Ultra bar , as this might be the momentum shift that will win them the round. The same is also true for Bison, if Rolento is rushing down and mixing you up , try to Ultra to scare him from pressing his advantage too much.
a good match to illustrate the matchup is the match between Gagapa and Nemo in Red bull Kumite.

How does you not have trouble with Guy or Akuma?

Thanks for the tips my fellow M.Bison players :slight_smile:

Akuma and Guy are a trouble as well i just didn’t want to make this a huge topic with me complaining about many unfavourable match ups …

Man nemo Rolento was holding off his ace cards until the last set … I could tell … man i hate how Rolento can abuse shit and build meter just like that

Btw someone told me to use far st.mp as an anti air when Giefs jumps in with Mk or HP instead of St.hk or cr.hp , is it really more useful ?

Elena sigh