I need some help

So first of all, i’d like to say hi to everyone. HI EVERYONE!

Now that that’s done, lets get down to business.

I bought ssf4ae during the steam summer sales, and after trying out most of the avaliable characters, i figured out i’d stick with Hakan, its the only one i feel right with… It just feels right to be this great big oily manhandler (so to speak . _.).

The thing is i’m not that used to/good at pulling off combos in sf (mostly because i’ve been playing melty blood for so long, and havent touched another arcade fighting game in several years). This results in my friend kicking my ass with ken seeing as i mostly rely on skills which results in me oil sliding during 60% of the time i’m not getting shoryukened (the rest is mostly me attempting command grabs, oiling up and so on).

I’ve finished all trials, and looked at several tutorials, and right now, am getting used to the way things work on SF.

Other than that, can i get a few extra tips on how to play Hakan? I really like the character and want to at least become semi-decent at it.

Thank you

You know Hakan’s is one of the most difficult chars of the game. But check out my replays (recent) on youtube “STErcan”.

Yes i know he’s one of the most difficult chars in the game. But i still want to play hakan, i feel comfortable with him, and i like the challenge of learning how to play propperly with him.

At the moment (seeing as i have no money for an arcade stick and dislike playing fighting games with a controller) i’m figuring out how to perform circle motions on the keyboard. I’m also mostly using Ultra 2 because i find it a tad hard to perform the 1st ultra . _.

Anyway i’ll be sure to check as many of your hakan related replays as i can. Tyvm for the help

Oh god, you’re playing on a Keyboard? Drop it as soon as possible, you’ll be able to play so much better with a pad or stick. Do you have a PS3 controller or something? Cause if you do you can connect that to your PC. On tips and such, read the guide but don’t rely too much on it since its out of date.

i wish i had, unfortunately i don’t have any kind of console. At the moment i’m saving up for a PS3, hopefully i’ll manage to get one relatively soon.

As for an arcade stick, i’ve been checking a few out, but they all seem rather expensive. Can anybody suggest a decent, somewhat cheap arcade stick? I’m sure that’d help out quite a lot.

Your best bet is a WWE brawlstick, they’re fairly cheap (or at least was when I bought mine) and are easy to mod as well. So I’d go for that, its a good stick to start with but just remember if you buy one, the stockstick that it comes with is ass and is very much prone to not work properly (mine had problems registering upforward). Otherwise you could just buy any kind of pad that works well or save up for the PS3 and use its pad later.

Well if i manage to get that research job in college, money will probably stop being a problem.

As for sticks, i’ve been looking at a few and that hori fighting Edge is looking at me (not really that cheap i know, but until then i can take the time to learn how to use hakan’s basics, seeing as 75% of the time i spend on each round consists in oiling up, waiting for my friends to slip up, and then sliding from across the damn screen and praying it’ll hit)…

Truth be told, i dont really mind waiting to buy something if the quality is good

Oh and tyvm for the help, i really appreciate it

I would have to say this is not a good idea. The longer you get used to Keyboard the harder it take your habit to adjust to something that is actually usable. Sure, you -might- be able to play as well on Keyboard as with many other things, but it will block a lot of your options when you plan on going out for tournment or something like that in the distant future where keyboard set up are likely disallowed outright.

Just get a stick that will work on PS3 and PC (which is basically everyone of them) and you will be fine. There are no need to wait for a PS3.

point taken, i’ll start working on getting a stick then.

Or invest in a Hitbox instead.

If you’re going to play Hakan, NEVER USE A SQUARE GATE. It fucks up the inputs since QCF and 360 don’t work well with each others. Example = HCF is 360 unless you do HCDF.