I need help! And a pony! The Deadpool Team Thread!

The thread name is from a quote of his from Ultimate Alliance

This thread is to keep track of what assist’s are the best for deadpool and what team’s he works great in. I’ll update while the game progresses.

I’ll try to write explanation’s as to why he works great in the said team,etc.

Post your thought’s and teams and why you choose them,etc.

Credit to CrispyTacoz, (more to come when more people post/I get the game)

His assists are (A)Quick Work, (B)Katana-Rama and (Y)Trigger Happy.

If you want pressuring, use quick work. If you want otg combos, roll with Katana-Rama. If you want and anti-air assist and corner pressure, stick with Trigger Happy.

Teams

Style 1 - Keepaway:

Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Storm (Whirlwind) / Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge)

Iron Man (Repulsor Blast) / Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge)

Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Iron Man (Repulsor Blast) / Storm (Whirlwind)

Keepaway, but sometimes it’s good to switch it up. IM really helps with that and so does Storm. All assists compliment each other offensively and defensively well. ( Originally posted by Rey Aries. )

Style 2 - Rush Down:

Reserved2

I was using Trigger Happy at first, but then I realized it shoots up, so I started using Quick Work as an assist.

I am actually liking Trigger Happy assist for my team. Perfect for continuing otg combos and for corner pressure sort of like Skrull’s Tenderizer AAA.

Does Deadpool have a good pressure/projectile assist to use within a team?

I personally don’t know yet. I will be trying and testing everything Deadpool related when I get the game on feb.15th. I’ll be putting alot of time into Deadpool for the first few weeks of the game’s official release.

His assists are Quick Work, Katana-Rama and anti-air Trigger Happy. If you want pressuring, use quick work. If you want otg combos, roll with Katana-Rama. If you want and anti-air assist and corner pressure, stick with Trigger Happy. Hope this helped :3

Been using the low hitting assist (quick work) with dormammus low jump arc to set up unblockables.

Edit: But I haven’t tested this a whole lot, could just be the opponents being bad at blocking.

Nice thread Evil0

Do you guys Deadpool is capable of being first out in a team? Or better for assist purposes only?

I play Deadpool (Katanarama), Dante (Jam Session), Sentinel (Sentinel Force Rising), and I start Deadpool on point. Good luck getting in on that team.

I actuall just switched to deadpool…he compliments zero/doom very well with katanaRama assist for zero OTC combos…and I’m still working on ways to help doom…I use him mostly as an anchor on my team

Team in sig. May change katana to quick work though.

Team Scrub v.2? I’m starting to work on my Dante just to play that team.

I personally like Trigger Happy. It covers the air as I zone the ground with Storm.

Take old MvC2 teams, replace Cable with Deadpool. These work, in my opinion. Some of my favourites so far include;

Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Storm (Whirlwind) / Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge)

Iron Man (Repulsor Blast) / Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge)

Deadpool (Trigger Happy) / Iron Man (Repulsor Blast) / Storm (Whirlwind)

I usually just keepaway, but sometimes it’s good to switch it up. IM really helps with that and so does Storm. All assists compliment each other offensively and defensively well.

Morrigan (Soul Fist) / Deadpool (Katana/Trigger Happy) / Sentinel/Wesker (Sentinel Force Rising/Samurai Edge)

I see him best at second character after your first character has built up some meter. Tried him out at a demo, Trigger Happy xx Happy Happy Trigger is a very good punish/chip, and if need be can be X-Factored into another Happy Happy Trigger.

He reminds me of Cable in this sense.

My team with him:
Doom (Rocks or Beam, not sure)/Deadpool (not sure)/Sentinel(Charge Drones)

I personally like to use Deadpool second. I main X-23 to gain alot of meter and keep deadpool and sentinel for backup. Deadpool is so good of an assist with katana rama when x-23 needs an OTG. Sentinel can cover x-23 or Deadpools a$$'s when they need to get in fairly decent.

I been using deadpool (katanarama) dante (jam session) doom (hidden missles)

Deadpool feels like a very good keep away character. Very fun to load the screen with bullets, grenades, ninja stars, and doom missles.

Lame combo lol
[media=youtube]vs2CkLEcrGE[/media]

I play with Deadpool Skrull and zero and i usually start with skrull i use trigger happy for the assist and i usually bring him out when i need to play keep away against people like the hulk or if there range poking alot and i just punish them with his hyper.

I was playing this game with some friends the other day, and we found an incredibly cheap/annoying/effective team to use with Deadpool on point.

Pick Deadpool with whatever assist you favor.
Back him up with Sentinel - Sentinel Rising Force
and then Dr. Droom - Hidden Missiles.

Have fun playing some of the most annoying keep away I’ve seen so far.

Since Deadpool can basically fill the whole screen with bullets when he jumps back and fires his :m: Guns, add that in with his Pinapple Surprise (:m: after Trigger Happy) and you’ll have your opponent on the other side of the screen in no time. Use that spacing advantage to call the Doom Hidden Missile assist. That simple combination can really keep your opponent locked down and unable to reach you. Don’t forget to call Sent’s assist occasionally too, just to pester. You can effectively just call these in a rhythm of Doom, Sent, Doom, Sent and basically shut down your opponents movement.

And of course, since you’re full screen most of the time, your opponent won’t be able to see you call your assists because the Doom and Sent assists appear behind Deadpool. Doom’s assist is a bitch to see coming anyway since it attacks from above.

On the off chance that your opponent manages to close in on you for damage, Deadpool has some great combos that can send them flying right on back to the proper side of the screen.

I haven’t tested this myself, but I’m fairly certain that a Doom assist will eat teleports like Dante’s or Wesker’s right up, since the missiles can anti-air your opponent as they fire upward.

And of course, if you happen to lose Deadpool, Sent will come out since you chose him second. Now you get to have fun with his ridiculous bullshit against an opponent that is weakened from just trying to take out your first character. And you still get to pester with Doom’s missiles.