I Need A Router Recommendation

I just got a new cable modem today from Time Warner cable, my old one had the Wireless/Router built into it, but I had extreme difficulty trying to get it setup so I can play on GGPO and Supercade because I could not for the life of me find out what make/model it is (it was totally generic), making it all the more harder for me to forward the ports on it.

But now I have a new cable modem, I got my laptop plugged directly into it, and I can finally do GGPO/Supercade without any problems. However I now need to get a router to use to keep my Playstation 3 connected.

I was hoping someone here could recommend me a good router suitable for the job.

You should look for a linksys or buffalo router that supports DD-WRT( custom firmware). In fact, newegg often has buffalo routers with a custom version of DD-WRT pre-loaded on them. Those are awesome for gaming and general home use.

+1 on linksys. Get the wireless N router for home use. I have it and love it. I’ve got mine connected to my PS3, never have NAT errors, connectivity problems, etc. Although you shouldnt have these problems with any reputable router as long as you have a static IP set for your PS3, and ports forwarded (or DMZ)

+1 on linksys. Get the wireless N router for home use. I have it and love it. I’ve got mine connected to my PS3, never have NAT errors, connectivity problems, etc. Although you shouldnt have these problems with any reputable router as long as you have a static IP set for your PS3, and ports forwarded (or DMZ)

i suggest this.

Newegg.com - Linksys WRT54GL 802.11b/g Wireless Broadband Router up to 54Mbps/ Open Source DD-WRT

That one is good, this one can be as good or better while being even cheaper:
Newegg.com - BUFFALO WHR-HP-GN 802.11b/g/n Wireless High Power Router & Access Point up to 150Mbps/ DD-WRT Open Source support

Maybe even better, this just popped up on slickdeals:

It’s refurbished, but it’s a DD-WRT compatibly Linksys gigabit router. It’s very nice.

I have amassed quite a collection of Linksys WRT54G routers over the years. Tis’ the season so if you want I will send you one. PM me if interested, happy x-mas.

Newegg.com - ASUS RT-N16 802.11b/g/n Gigabit Wireless Router up to 300Mbps DD-WRT Open Source support with USB Storage, Printer And Media Server If you want wireless N.
Newegg.com - ASUS RT-N13U 802.11b/g/n Wireless Router up to 300Mbps with All-in-One Printer Server/ DD-WRT Open Source support If you’re fine with wireless A/B/G.
I’ve installed both of these routers into multiple networks, and both have worked fantastically.
DD-WRT support out of the box, its fantastic.

Summary of Topic:

Find something with DD-WRT support.

Linksys.

Thanks for the help guys.