"I can't hold all these Tanuki Bombs!" Ibuki Combo Thread

Nah, i give up, this character blows. You can even get THROWN out of the overhead. NICU!

I find dancing around the screen and staying mobile to be very fun and annoying.
Ive caught people trying to mash with this silly stagger string:
s.LP s.LP s.LK Raida.
Its quite funny actually. Shes really fun to play. Shes been out for a day. Can we at least get some exploring going on first.

I find that if I cant AA consistently then ill just command dash underneath. You dont ALWAYS need to take risks and AA, you gotta use the tools your given.
I feel like b.MP has a pretty good high box. Ive bopped quite a lot of people out of that.

Im not sure why people always compare this to SF4. Its not SF4 at all nor will it ever be lol.

I just think we need to explore our defensive tools more. I have a feeling we will be using c.hp, b.mp, and hp.kunai for some of our anti airs.

IT’s not comparing to SFIV and it’s fine that it isn’t the same. That doesn’t change the fact that she’s terrible and they didn’t think a lot when making her. She has WAY TOO MUCH problems that seem design problems rather than balance ones

Idk I think she’s pretty good. My post explains how to AA, just need to learn spacing and character dependent buttons instead of having a go to beats all AA. You can cancel into Kunai for safety, and her pressure is good but you have to mix it up between blocking, shimmy, CH traps, OH, low, and dashes. OH is easily blockable on reaction, but with proper conditioning it’s pretty hard to be jabbed out as the frame delay makes it hard to react to when you don’t expect it and you don’t wanna risk a CH combo.

Learn how to use VS as well, it’s very useful not only in neutral, but during pressure and for building VT faster for combos and setups which is what she is designed around.

Here’s the tick throw earlier mentioned, works with any normal with vtrigger flash, might need to get more creative with second bomb tick thro;, I prefer cr mp for that.

Oh man

The character wouldn’t be so freaking bad if at least her jumpins were half decent. You can’t cross up people and wee all know that frontal junpins will get aintiair’d. Why does she have 0 proximity block on her jumpins?

Dude chill. She’s been out for less than a day and it’s not like jumping is the only viable method of offence either. Regardless, you have both j mk and j lk (which can hit very ambiguous since she has such a sharp drop on her jump)

People just walk away from j.lk and j.mk crossup, so there is no abiguous thing. I don’t care if she’s been out for a day, time wont change the fact that her jump in has less proximity block than anyone else, which makes jump ins almost imposible.

Sure, there are more ways to get in than jumping, called footsies, were she’s just bad. She’s not designed to be a footsie character, but her other aspects are just not as the should be

You just sound bad and salty that you can’t get what you’re trying to work. I felt the same way when I first started the game and picked Alex, and now I’ve seen how I was just playing him wrong even though my analysis of him hasn’t really changed since then.

I’ve been blowing up almost everybody with Ibuki today, just try new shit and take our advice instead of just calling her bad.

Well then, let’s change the way of thinking, you may be right.

What are you doing to get onto people?

Not sure if this is out there yet but you get a full standing target combo off overhead in the corner. Which includes ending with Ultra or bomb combos.

Corner Only.
F.MK>Target combo LP MP HP>Ultra \ or whatever special you want to end with.

I seems you can also do it midscreen from her overhead target combo by walking a little before the lp

Does it still link? I thougt it was already very tight

c.mp, s.lp xx hk kazegiri (183 dmg 283 stun)
c.mp, s.lp xx ex raida (207 dmg 323 stun)

Yeah, target combo overhead is +5 on hit, walk 2 frames then input st.lp

Made an Ibuki CV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncYBp-GmiI

Most of it is probably pretty suboptimal, however, note the damage from the reset at 0:56. I don’t know if people try to jump away from VT in the corner, but if they do, that thing is definitely worth exploring further.

Geez. Some of you sound like the TYM forum.
I guess if the character isnt braindead or 1st day playable then shes garbage.
Shes not FANG, who im willing to bet will be really good with time, nor is she Laura.
She has a lot of strengths and weaknesses like any other character. They could just bring Yun back.

I remember when people said Mileena sucked in MKX…
A year later with hardly any noticeable buffs…shes considered the top 3 character if not 1. lolz
Point is give it time plz.

I feel like people are putting too much time developing bomb mixups instead of figuring out how you actually play her without the bombs.