Hyper fighting game speed?

Can someone give me the rundown on Hyper fighting and its speed? i’ve heard of processor issues making various versions different speeds, something about an 8,10 and 12 mhz processor and a dash processor that many didn’t use when they converted old CE cabs to HF. Was it true the most common speed was hardly faster than CE? How do the default (3 stars?) Snes/genesis port speeds and the 360 port compare? I remember the game being a little faster than super turbo but most gameplay I see it’s hard to tell the difference between it and CE. Probably about the same speed as street fighter 4.

hre is an example of the 360 port of Hyper fighting, which seems quite hyper to me and not quite as fast as the mame emulation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyx4VEWwCS0

meanwhile here is some arcade hyper fighting

I think you can really see the difference with stuff like jumping, fireball speed, and throws.

A CE board actually is based on the Dash A-board (12 mhz), so a properly upgraded CE to HF board have the same clock speeds. It’s all the WW board conversions to HF out there that have the 10mhz oscillating crystals.
I’ve been told that there isn’t a different in the actual game speed, and that the higher rated oscillating crystal is only utilized when the processor needs a bit more juice to handle the heavier calculation moments (someone with better electrical knowledge can explain this better, but that was the jist of what I got).

CE to HF should feel slightly faster, but not turbo 2 or 3 speed. It should be more equivalent to Turbo 1.

funny u say that cause hf on fightcade is slow like that but nobody plays there due to slow speed they dislike it the hardcores at least u know they dislike that port when ce has 30+ people and hf is always at 0 at times ill see 2 people and im there daily

i prefer hf to be turbo 2 setting like st not to fats but not to slow i feel in that game if its too slow chars like ryu and dhalsim will destroy everyone dhalsim actually got buffs n hf and he went down a good bit on tiers due to the game speed alone sagat as well