Hwoarang Guide V2013 : UPDATED

**Hello everyone I’m TekGenbu and I’m back with a new Hwoarang guide. I hope everyone enjoys it and uses this character more. He has received a lot of buffs in this newer version so he is even more spectacular than before.

Lets take a look at these changes he has gotten.**

Command Change - Spinning Trip Kick changed from db+LK to b+LK
• LK - Reduced frames by 2 (+6F on hit/+2F on block)

• Can be canceled
  • Hurt box enlarged
    • MP - Hurt box enlarged
  • Knee area is now invincible against air attacks
  • Hit box enlarged
    • HP - Push back on block when used in boost combo reduced
    • HK - Push back on block when used in boost combo reduced
    • cr. LP - Startup 5F->4F?
    • cr. LK - Reduced frames by 1 (+5F on hit/+1F on block)
    • cr. MP - Startup 6F->5F?
  • Reduced frames by 2 (+6F on hit/+2F on block)
    • cr. HP - Push back on block when used in boost combo reduced
    • MP (During Flamingo) - Startup 6F->5F?
  • Reduced push back on hit
    • HK (During Flamingo) - Hurtbox on feet is invincible against air attacks
  • Causes knockdown on midair hit
    • Tsunami Kick - Can transition to Flamingo Stance 2 frames faster
    • Air Raid - When 3rd hit connects gives additional 6F of advantage (L hit +8, M/H hit +6)
  • Reduced push back on block/hit
    • Air Raid Special - Increased advantage on hit by 2F (+8 on hit)
  • Reduced push back on hit/block
    • EX Air Raid - Reduced Hwoarang recovery on hit
    • Dynamite Heel - Midair hit causes bound
  • Midair combo count usage changed to 2
  • Damage 100->80
  • Hit box enlarged
    • Heel Explosion Combo - Reduced push back on hit of first hit
  • Hit box enlarged
  • Changed hitbox properties
  • Midair combo count usage of first hit changed to 0
    • L/M Sky Rocket - Reduced block stun by 10F
  • Reduced push back on block
  • Reduced screen freeze by 2F
    • Falcon Dice Kick - Damage 120->130
    • Bring It On - Damage 120->130

Special move meter gain:
• Hunting Hawk (H): On hit 10+10+20(40)->15×3(45)
• Air Raid: On hit 10×3(30)->15×3(45)
• Dynamite Heel: whiff 15->0/On hit 40->5
Key:
Lp.=Light Punch
Mp.=Medium Punch
Hp.=Heavy Punch
Lk.=Light Kick
Mk.=Medium Kick
Hk.=Heavy Kick
AA.=Anti Air
Cr.=Crouching
St.=Standing
Jp.=Jumping

For this guide I’m including new descriptions for ALL of Hwoarang’s normals. And gonna explain all the new technology I’ve found with them :smiley:

Standing Normals
Standing Light Punch: Hits for 30 damage. Very poor range, but it hits low and its a very quick normal. can be canceled into all specials.
Standing Medium Punch: Hits for 60 damage. Very good range, it leads into a 2 hit target combo that can be canceled into special moves, and its a good AA for far jump ins. is hit invincible when you AA with it. Buff recieved in V2013
Standing Heavy Punch: Hits for 90 damage. A lot of range, Can’t be canceled into anything, Is unsafe. Even more unsafe when canceled into chain. A nerf received in V2013
Standing Light Kick:Hits for 30 damage. Range is better than the St. Lp and it can be followed up by chain. Can link into itself for good hit confirms, can be canceled into all specials.
Standing Medium Kick: Hits for 60 damage. basically the same thing as St.Mp but leads into a more damaging target combo, can also lead into a chain for more damage. If you cut the Middle kick combo short, you can Flamingo stance cancel into more damage.
Standing Heavy Kick: Hits for 90 damage. Crazy vertical hitbox, can be use as an AA, Also can be canceled into all of his special moves. One of Hwoarang’s strongest if not the strongest option to optimize damage within combos.

Crouching Normals
Crouching Light Punch: Hits for 30 damage. Decent range, can be canceled into all specials, can lead into chain for more damage. Can be linked into itself for hit confirms and also be linked into Cr.Mp for extra damage.
Crouching Medium Punch: Hits for 60 damage. Basically similar to ryu’s Cr.Mk in SSF4 AE 2012… can be canceled into all specials, good poke. frame traps itself. Can be linked into itself for extra damage.
Crouching Heavy Punch: Hits for 90 damage. Almost the exact same thing as his St.Hk, but the difference is it can’t be canceled into anything. good poke although for high flying characters. I still have not found a use for this move to really impact Hwoarang’s gameplay.
Crouching Light Kick: Hits for 30 damage.Has slightly less range than the Cr.Lp, It can be linked into itself, but the link is harder than Cr.lp’s. Can be canceled into all specials.
Crouching Medium Kick: Hits for 60 damage. It has good range, has no downward hitbox, can be canceled into specials, it makes Hwoarang closer to the ground so it can be used as a late AA, to try to set up the counter hit. Someone good i found with this normal is that when you AA with it. you can choose between canceling it into Lp. Special dash for a fake cross-over or Mp. Special dash for a real Cross-over. Amazing mix-up set-ups with this Normal.
Crouching Heavy Kick: Hits for 90 damage. His Sweep, Causes knockdown, can be canceled if you do it unsafely. Something I found awesome with this move is there really isn’t any harm into canceling it into DH. If you hit the sweep DH will still come out, but it times a good hard to AA Cross-up. If they block it. then you are safe. This has become a really good poking tool considering its his farthest reaching normal. If you hit the move in the corner, whiff a cr.lp and immediately do a J.Hp for a Crazy fuzzy guard set-up.

Jumping Normals
Jumping Light Punch: Hits for 40 damage. Tied with jumping light kick for the fastest jumping attack that Hwoarang has.The Hitbox on this attack is good the downfall is it hits for low damage, but you are safe on block so against those command grab characters you have no worries. As it goes for all jumping attacks you can be AAed for it. Also you can use it for some fake cross-up madness. This move cannot cross up.
Jumping Medium Punch: Hits for 70 damage. This one is my favorite of all his jumping attacks, it can cross up of very easily, so trick your opponents into thinking your gonna cross up, and delay the input and you will hit in front of them. Also safe on block. Nothing has really changed on this move. still as good as ever.
Jumping Heavy Punch: Hits for 100 Damage. Tied with jumping heavy kick for the slowest jumping attack Hwoarangs has.One of Hwoarang’s more damaging jumping normals, it is tied for the most frame advantage on hit. This Can’t cross up although, so use it to fake out your opponents into thinking it will. Take advantage of the + frames so you will have time to react on which high low mix-up you will go into if it hits or it is blocked
Jumping Light Kick: Hits for 40 damage. Tied with jumping light punch for the fastest air attack Hwoarang has.Now this move is crazy. its one of Hwoarang’s more tricky cross ups. The way it shapes Hwoarang’s body makes his animation look weird while he is in the air, while your opponent is on wake-up use it to set up Hard to block jump ins., Also you can use it to force your opponent to fuzzy guard on wake-up
Jumping Medium Kick: Hits for 70 damage. This move should be one of your first choices to go for in a Air to Air situation. the hit box is great. The start up it great, although its not the fastest of all of Hwoarang’s jumping attacking it has one of the greater ranges. i suggest going to this Air attack. However, i do not suggest going for this attack when your opponent wakes up unless you are in the corner, it is the only time this attack can cross up.
Jumping Heavy Kick: Hits for 100 damage. Tied with jumping heavy punch for the slowest jumping attack Hwoarang has. This attack would be the very last jumping attack you go to as your opponent is getting up, it can’t cross up in any situation but, it leaves you on great advantage on hit and block, I personally use this particular jumping attack to crush your opponent’s neutral jumps. The hitbox when jumping in isn’t the best, so use this move at your own risk.
Flamingo Stance:
Before I said this move was useless and would most likely never be used. How foolish of me. This is move is crucial to Hwoarang’s gameplay now. You can use this move to make unsafe strings safe, you can cancel it to extend your combos, Its simply amazing. Courtesy of FGTV YzaeB we have called the canceling of Flamingo Stance, FLC. I will put some combos that include FLCing down later in the guide so look forward to it!

Special Moves:
Special Step: This Move…GDLK, can be canceled into every special he has except Air Raid Special. can go under fireballs, Cancel it for a quick punish. Now for the brokenness of this move. You can do Special Step, Cancel into Dynamite heel, Cancel Dynamite heel into another dash. You Sir, have just traveled from 1 side of the screen to your opponent to land what ever crazy mix-up you have in your book of tricks. The Ex Version is Hit invincible, so tell your opponents who mash Lp. to hold that because you are about to cancel this into a special move that kill their self esteem. Special Dash into Lk.HH is really the best option for punishing Fireballs and safe chip.

Sky Rocket: All in all, this is just your AA, Not very good on wake-up, can be easily combo-ed into for decent damage, If you hit the move high enough, you can follow up with either another Sky Rocket for that raw damage or into Cr.mk into Lp.DH. Delay for a second. Lp.SD into Hk.Skyrocket. this move is way more useful than I thought.
Lk. Version: 120 Damage.
Mk. Version: 130 Damage.
Hk. Version: 150 Damage.
EX Version: 180 Damage

Hunting Hawk: All Versions of this move are on negative frames but not too many characters can punish, also damaging combos, the Hp Version’s last hit is a ground bounce/overhead, Best Version to Tag cancel from is Hk Version. The Mk Version is good for tag cancel mix-ups, your opponent will be so prone to expecting the 3rd hit but when It doesn’t come they will be in for it. The Lk version is completely safe at mid-range. so use it for safe chip.
Lk. Version: 120 Damage
Mk Version: 80+60 Damage
Hk Version: 50+50+50 Damage
EX Version: 50+20+20+20+50

Air Raid: One of Hwoarang’s more weird specials, you can use any version of this move to control where you land, Hk. Version would be the best choice. If you predict your opponent will throw a fireball you would use the Mk. Version and get the punish, or put yourself in a good position, also a mid level blocked one is safe in some cases, a shallow one, though hard to hit is safe at all angles. you can use it to safely tag cancel. If you predict your opponent will Tag, you can react with a MK. AR and tag cancel it into your partner for a full combo. This move now has more of a use in this version with the buffs it has received. You can now effectively Tiger Knee this attack for a follow up. It looks like it hits low but it is a overhead. I love the use of this move in this version.
Lk Version: 50+20+30 Damage
Mk Version: 50+30+30 Damage
Hk Version: 50+30+40 Damage
EX Version: 50+30+50 Damage

Air Raid Special: This version has different properties than the regular one, It only hits 1 time. Can be use while backward jumping, neutral jumping, and forward jumping. A shallow Version is safe, but the high version is free to some command grabs. You can now combo after all versions of this move with the buffs Hwoarang has recieved. So you can really mix-up your opponent now with your jump backs and neutral jumps. A totally new way to get damage with this character.
Lk Version: 100 Damage
Mk Version: 100 Damage
Hk Version: 100 Damage
EX Version: 120 Damage

Dynamite Heel: This move is your peoples elbow, although the regular version doesn’t overhead it as really good advantage. This is my favorite Hwoarang buff, this move now ground bounces when it hits an airborne opponent. this means AA and during combos. This gives Hwoarang so much new combo potential, I will post a few combos using the new version of this move. The Ex Version does overhead and you are able to follow it up for more damage. Some good uses I’ve found with the EX version is that its a double overhead. That means you can go into a quick low and cancel it into EX.DH for a mix-up into some free damage. I usually use Cr.mk on their wakeup and cancel it into EX.DH for the mix-up. If the Cr.mk hits then the EX.DH will not combo but assume since they were not blocking low they might switch their block to adjust. But if the Cr.mk is blocked its a good low-overhead mix-up.
Lp Version: 100 Damage
Mp Version: 100 Damage
Hp Version: 100 Damage
EX Version: 100+50 Damage

Unique Attacks
Spinning Trap Kick: Hits for 60 damage.Now this move, it can be useful but its only problem is that its slow. this move hits low, and if you manage to tag your opponent while they are in the air, you’re gonna knock them down. Now with Hwoarang you are able to crouch tech now because they have changed the input of the move, because if you were crouch teching with downback like any normal person, this move would come out and you will be the most sad player in the world. This move on block is completely neutral at all distances. It can also be special canceled.

Tsunami Kick: Hits for 60 damage. This attack had advantage if your opponent blocks and if it hits as long has you make contact with them. If you hold forward on your stick while doing this move you will go into flamingo stance.It can now be canceled into Flamingo stance 2 frames faster so canceling this move into Flamingo stance on hit can lead into damaging combos. It now has more use than it did before.

Iron Heel: Hits for 70 damage. Now this attack will knockdown your opponents if it hits while they are in the air, also if you connect this attack it causes a ground bounce so once you land it just pull out your crazy Hwoarang combo. Now this attack is unsafe, but the disadvantage isn’t great enough for them to punish you. Another downfall is that the attack is slow. So if your opponent is Cr.teching they will most likely beat it out. this move is still basically used the same it was in the previous version.

Fade Away Kick: Hits for 70 damage. This attack is good for punishing your opponent for trying to pressure you too much. Once you get some space you want to use this move. You will do a short hop backward and toss out this kick, Now you can cancel this kick into all specials. On block don’t worry about being punished because you move backwards. So when you throw out this attack just input whatever special you want and if it hits or blocks your special will come out. since most of Hwoarang specials are safe you are basically getting free chip. If this attack whiffs, you just escaped pressure and your special won’t come out if you buffer it correctly. this move is also really good for SADCing your dynamite heel for pressure. Overall this move stayed the same just with more strategies at hand.

Motion Switch: When you activate this skill you will go into flamingo stance, Flamingo stance makes you move really slow, but i personally use it full screen again a non-projectile character. Flamingo Stance’s normals have great range so you could AA way easier than you could normally. This move is also 1 frame so don’t worry about being punished for using unless they are already in the active frames of their move while you activate this. You can Flamingo cancel most of Hwoarang’s target combos to be safe and even use Flamingo to extend your combos for more damage than before. This move overall is a lot better than before and now has a lot of new technology with it.

Reverse Kick: Hits for 70 damage. This move can knockdown your opponent if you manage to hit them while they are in the air, but if they are grounded and they block this, you are in a fairly punishable position. If you throw this move out on your opponent while you are close to them, it will force them to stand. so if you successfully hit them with this turn it into a frame trap or cancel it into any special Hwoarang has except Air raid special. If you go for the frame trap instead of the special cancel, try to go for one of many low-high or high-low mix-ups Hwoarang has. Very good Target combo. A very good target combo to use if you wanna SADC because it is one of his faster target combos so its less likely to be Alpha countered.

Chainsaw Kick: Hits for 50 damage.This was once my favorite move of Hwoarang’s until I realize how dangerously unsafe it was and how obvious it was. Not only does it ground bounce when it hits no matter if they are crouching or standing. Your basic CK mix-up can start from a St.Lk which hits low into the chainsaw kick. for a quick low-high mix-up. But like i said, its unsafe so use it at your own risk. I hardly ever go for this move. But you should condition your opponent to not even expect it. Then pull it out of your bag of tricks and use it to your max potential that one time you hit it haha.

Now that we have gone over all of his Normals,Specials, and Unique attacks lets look into some new combos Hwoarang has in V2013.

Key:
SR=Sky Rock
HH=Hunting Hawk
AR=Air Raid
ARS=Air Raid Special
DH=Dynamite Heel
STK=Spinning Trap Kick
TK=Tsunami Kick
IH=Iron Heel
FAK=Fade-Away Kick
MS=Motion Switch
RK=Reverse Kick
CK=Chainsaw Kick
HEC=Heel Explosion Combo
FS = Flamingo Stance
FLC = Flamingo Stance Cancel

Basic Bread And Butter Combos.

CORNER ONLY

Combo #1:
J.Hp~St.mk~St.mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~Hk.SR~Hk.SR
Damage:432
Use: The most consistent raw damage option, leads into a soft knockdown.

Combo #2:
J.Hp~St.mk~St.mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~St.Hk~Hk.HH
Damage: 427
Use:This version of the combo is used to tag into your partner the easiest. Hk.HH is hwoarang’s best Tag move so this move has a easy ender with it.

Combo #3: :
J.Hp~St.mk~St.mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~Hk SR~Cr.Hk
Damage:* 408*
Use: This version ends with a hard knockdown, so you can either choose to use the Roll killer tech or the Tricky J.Hp in the corner mix-up.

Combo #4:
J.Hp~St.mk~St.mk~FS~St.mp~St.mp~Lp.DH~St.HK~Hk.HH –
Damage: 443
Use:This version of the combo utilizes his new buff with his DH, also it is less consistent and has different timing for different characters. Its also his strongest known solo combo with no gems and no meter.

MID-SCREEN-* Anywhere on the screen*

Combo #1
J.hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~Hp.SD~Hk.SR
Damage: 397 - (363 if you hit confirm with Cr.lp/Cr.lk after Air Attack)
Use: This version of the combo is for the raw damage and a soft knockdown. I would say the most consistent version

Combo #2
J.hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~Hp.SD~Lp.DH~Walk forward~Cr.Mp~Hk.HH
Damage:401
Use This version of the combo is the hardest one mid screen in my opinion, For a little bit extra damage and a better tag combo is what you benefit from doing this version rather than Combo#1. You must cancel the Hp.SD instantly into Lp.DH for it to work.
Combo #3
J.hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~FLC~Cr.Mp~Hk.HH
Damage:310
Use: This version of the combo is one of the more consistent ones, just for easy damage, A easy link into a hard knockdown. Leads into some Roll Killers I’ll show later in the guide.
Combo #4
Jp.Hk
-St.Lp
-CK
St.Hk
-EX.HH
- Jp.Hk
-Hk.SR

Use:First off, you get a wall bounce off the EX.Hunting Hawk, Also its does more damage than Combo#2 For the cost of a bar. Ending with Hp.SR doesn’t give a hard knockdown.

Damage:418

Combo#5
J.Hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~St.Hk(Target Combo)~EX.HH~J.Hk~Cr.Mp~Hk.HH
Damage:465
Use: This version of the combo is the better tag cancel version at the cost of a bar, not a difficult combo. Good punish.

Combo #6
J.Hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~St.Hk(Target Combo)~EX.HH~J.Hk~Cr.Mp~HEC
***Damage:***555
Use: *This version of the combo I believe is the most Damage Hwoarang can get with 1 bar in No gems. Straight damage, this is the maximum Tag punish with the minimal amount of resources used.

Mix-Ups, Strategies, Etc
Hwoarang like most other characters have really ridiculous mix-ups and strategies to get inside your opponents head. Some of these include fake cross-ups, Instant overhead conversions, Fake overheads into lows, Fuzzy guards, -TRI JUMPS- (exaggeration). In the old guide I received a tip from a fellow Hwoarang player who goes by Dr.Grammer. Here is what he said.

Tricky Corner Mix-Ups
*After HK Hunting Hawk (214HK) in the corner: Hold up and towards the corner and wait until Hwoarang begins his second jump. Very early in the second jump, input HK Air Raid Special (41236HK) to get back out of the corner. You can also mix this up with the other versions of Air Raid Special; MK may or may not cross up depending on timing, and LK never crosses up. The only way for the opponent to avoid this mix-up is by rolling into the corner, forcing Hwoarang outside of the corner. In any case, you will always be right in front of the opponent with enough frame advantage to pressure them as usual.
*Dr. Grammar

**At first I didn’t see much to this but In V2013 I decided to explore it a little more. And what I found is amazing. In the V2012 guide I stated Hwoarang had a vortex, but It really ended up being a really good Oki, not on the level of a AE Akuma vortex. So I did some testing with Hwoarang’s Hk.HH and some of his Air raid specials and this is what I got.

Hwoarang Oki After Hk.HH

Set-Up#1
After Hk.HH Mid Screen:* Jump Forward, TK.Lk.ARS - For a Fake Cross-over, can go into low/overhead*

Set-Up#2
After Hk.HH Mid Screen: Jump Forward, TK.Hk.ARS - For a Real Cross-over, Can go into low/overhead.

Set-Up#3
After Hk.HH Mid Screen:Mk.AR, Jump Forward, J.mp - For a Real Cross-up, Into Regular Combo

Set-Up#4
After Hk.HH Mid Screen:Mk.AR, Jump Forward, At Arc Of Jump. Mk.ARS - For a Fake Cross-Up, Into Full Combo

Set-Up#5
After Hk.HH Corner: Jump Forward, Neutral Jump, At Arc Of Jump. Lk. ARS - For a Fake Cross-Over, Can go into Low/Overhead, You can even delay the ARS for a overhead they won’t be expecting.

Set-Up#6
After Hk.HH Corner Jump Forward, Neutral Jump, At Arc Of Jump. Hk. ARS - For a Real Cross-Over, Can go into Low/Overhead, Full Combo.

STILL MORE TO COME!!!

https://twitter.com/TEKGenbu

If you have any questions!

If you want to talk to me personally, you can always catch me in the FGTV Chat even when the stream is offline.

Reserved #1

Reserved #2

Reserved #3

Thanks for the thread, very solid information. Easy to read/follow as well. Some videos of his oki would make it amazing.

This guide looks awesome as I’m trying to pick up Hwoarang…one question though…
You mention FS constantly, but you said that you would FLC to denote Flamingo Stance cancelling…

Does FS not mean tap down-forward at the end of the move cancel faster and do the follow up, and that would be FLC? (That’s what I’ve been trying at least) or am I misunderstanding something

FS Is when you remain in Flamingo, FLC is when you Tap down forward to cancel. Not your fault. I should have been more clear.

J.hp~St.Mk~St.Mk~FS~St.Mp~St.Mp~Hp.SD~Hk.SR

Ive been trying to do this but I dont get it most of the time. Not consistent at all. I hold Forward for the FS and then hit the MP but it doesnt combo for me. Does work sometimes when I just mash it though. Is there another way to cancel into FS for the MP? any help would be appreciated.

can anyone suggest or give me a set of training regime with hwoarang?
-links (hit confirm, block string, etc)
-setups (knockdown, crossups, high low mixup, etc)
-frame traps (counter setup, block adv, etc)
-combos

i guess its my own fault for playing and mastering too many characters (cody,guy,dudley,elena,guile,abel,ryu,kazuya,jin,ogre,jack,lars) that i get confused and jumbling my inputs and execution with hwoarang, too much muscle memory overload i guess lol

thanks in advance!

I usually take 45min on My links, making sure I have my combos down, from The corner confirms to mid screen confirms. Knowing what moves I have to use in certain situations. Then Ill take only 30min on Set-ups, ill pick Hwoarang to practice against so I can record, and try to block my own mix-ups, So i suggest doing that. And frame traps I practice around 30min as well, Do the same thing with mix-ups, try to Cr.Tech and mash out of your own frame traps to see how solid they are.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

thanks genbu, my daily routine regime on training mode…

FS (Flamingo Stance), = (cancel to)

cr.LP > cr.MP > cr.HK
cr.LP > MP > MP > cr.HK
cr.LP > MP > MP = hcb+P
cr.LP > MP > MP = qcb+HK
cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+HK
cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = qcb+HK [mid]
cr.LP > MP > LP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
cr.LP > MP > MP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
cr.LP > MP > MP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

cr.LK > cr.MP > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > MK > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > MK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > HK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > HK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > HK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > HK = srk+HK
LK > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = srk+P = srk+HK
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > cr.LK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > cr.MP > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > MK > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > MK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = srk+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

f+MK > FS > cr.LP > cr.MP > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP > hcb+P
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP > qcb+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP > srk+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > MP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > LP, HK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > MK > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > MK > HP+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > HP+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > hcb+P
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > qcb+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > srk+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = hcb+P
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+HK
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+HK
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

f+HK, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+HK, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+HK, HK = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > cr.MP > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > HP+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P > HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > cr.HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+MK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P > HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = hcb+P
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P > HK
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
LK > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > cr.MP > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK > HP+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = hcb+P
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P > HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > HK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MP > cr.HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = hcb+P
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+MK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P > HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > cr.LP = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = hcb+P
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P > HK
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = qcb+KK, jt.HK, cr.MP = srk+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [mid]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.MP = qcb+HK [corner]
f+MK > FS > cr.LP > MK > MK > FS > LK > MK = srk+P = hcb+PP, cr.MP = hcb+P, srk+P > HK [mid+corner]

you can change the standing LK startup to cr.LP or cr.LK
i usually do 5sets on long ones and 10sets on short ones on 1P and 2P side on each link combo, if i mess up on a certain link combo i go back to zer0 and start all over again on that link combo, sometimes i do it with a jump-in crossups and a jump-in Flashing Trident (LP>MP) in the regime, i usually finish this within less than an hour!

Impressive, but doing that much is a little TOO much. because you most of those combos you won’t even use in a real match situation. I respect the 1P and 2P side thing to help muscle memory and what not. But doing it so many times is almost playing Aimlessly you feel me? But Dude so much respect for what you do in the training mode.

this does really helps me on my execution and muscle memory, some of it are not really great using in a real match (tourny wise), but the long string combo ones does really help and train up my execution specially on tight and dire situation, and even on confusing situations, so far never dropped a link or combo yet on casual matches on the game room/club on my school, local tourny, and online (except for online lags)

what i need to learn and train now is how to play defensively (wakeup, footsies, anti-air, air-to-air, option select), and knockdown game (meta oki after throw and hk.hunting hawk, frame traps, option select)

Techisoba, you may also want to train up on this-
cr.lp>st.mk>st.mk>FS, FLA mp>mp, FLA st.roundhouse xx fierce special step xx skyrocket

It’s one of Hwoa’s most damaging meterless bnbs off a crouching light. Linking the FLA mp may be a little tricky at first.

This is one of the first combos I learned with Hwoarang… And trained up on it over the course of a few days. It will greatly improve any Hwoa player’s game to incorporate it. Of course, for heavy punishes, leave out the cr.lp. Also know that it whiffs on crouchers! It will see a lot of use when you start working in divekick, empty jump, flashing trident mixups. Or for quick punishes in general.

After you get it down, you can dash cancel the FLA st.roundhouse into two cr.mp xx hunting hawk. But the timing is pretty strict.

I personally need to learn frame traps :frowning: Especially for the Chun matchup. Once I land a reset on someone, they tend to start throwing out lights to interrupt any overhead attempts and I don’t have solid setups to stop them.
I’m really itching to experiment with FLA dynamite kick frame traps which, on counterhit can link into FLA mp>mp into pretty great damage. Thanks to Dr. Grammar for bringing it to my attention.