hulk

i know there must be a few hulk players from mvc2 ?!?
any combo ideas ??

For me, at least, Hulk’s combos and entire game plan are team-dependent. Anyone looking to play him seriously should practice setting up and understanding double crush scenarios. If you don’t get me, just look back a few threads. I like to play 1.Ruby Heart/Hulk/ Doom, 2. Magneto/Hulk/WM (AAA), 3. Hulk/ BB Hood/Juggernaut or Sent, and 4. Jill/ Hulk/Tron (So Good!).
Team 1: Ruby Heart air combo into Hyper Schwarzaille in corner, DHC into Gamma Crush after opponent leaves screen, but before Ruby crosses their axis = unreal Crush damage. This can kill Cable outright, or give Sentinel crippled nuts. Can’t get them into the corner? Air combo with Doom–>Photon Array–>DHC to Mille Phantome and as soon as the chest appears , Gamma Crush, and you’re good to go. Expensive on guage, but horrifying for mid-screen damage output. Also, with Hulk on point with this team doing chip with normals, Doom’s rocks become even more destructive. Wonderful team chemistry here.
Team 2: Magneto launch + magic series–>Tempest, quickly DHC to Gamma Crush. The few rocks that come out will hold most characters in place long enough to get crushed in midair as well as upon landing. Plus, with this team you get WM’s AAA which sets up unmashable Tempest.
Team 3: Panic button. Try out this THC on a whiffed assist. Then, put down the joystick and laugh for a while. Then have a beer. Anyone that can deal that much damage in 3 seconds deserves a beer.
Team 4: My FAVORITE Jill team. Tron is substitutable with Sent if you need rush down here. Tron or Sent assist into Jill trip into cr. lk+launch leads to air super and Gamma Crush and angry opponent yelling, "Broken damage! This shit’s unfair!"
If you want more Hulk-centric advice, let me know and I’ll post later. I’m certifiably drunk right now (I deserved a few beers earlier), and just got back from gaming with some friends. I won at least ten matches tonight thanks to Hulk, so I think these friends in question will finally quit harping on about how slow he is.

combos

almost any lil combo hulk can string (make sure you end in a big whomping FP or FK before you)… XX gamma charge XX gamma quake/crush/wave (wvter you like)… but you need good timing to not get the crush mashed if you go that way… this is a real easy way to land 50% combos easily…

for something that is a tad harder…

something like… cr. lk->cr. mk->cr. fp -> call psyloche AA -> wait a 1/4 a second or so-> gamma charge XX gamma quake/ect/ect…

something else fun…

alpha counter to bring hulk in (while being attacked up close)… DON’T WAIT for his gamma charge to hit as he comes out… just mash strait into the hyper of your choice… if they weren’t throwing a fierce attack when the screen froze… they wont breach your superarmor before getting smashed (if you were smart and used quake… wont matter if they do throw fierce… rocks will still come… hehe)… its wonderful…

There are some nice double crush combos out there… but I normally don’t go for it If I’m taking the match seriously. Quake is much safer… I will say tho… cr. lk ->call doom rocks ->cr.fp XX gamma crush… works pretty darn well

Try these teams out…

Mags-a, Hulk-b, Capcom-b. [Substitute Jin if facing a Cable with anything but Doom…]

The goal here is to deplete their assists with the Capcom assists. You send their assists into the stratosphere with Capcom, try to snap the character, and get under the assist before it escapes.

Combo I like the most? Launch with Hulk, hk, Airdash horizontally forwards, and tempest. When the tempest ends continue the combo with lp, lk, tempest, and activate the crush. I don’t think anything in the game can survive this. Even then, you have Capcom to DHC into afterwards.

If the assist is annoying you, standing hk with Mags, engage triple. That assist is either dead or crippled.

All characters: Launch, engage triple. Someone’s dead or crippled. Mags is the exception. It’s standing hk to Triple.

Hulk, Cable, Capcom
-Anyone: Launch, triple super, dead character.
-Cable: dlk, dmk, standing hk, triple, dead character [forget AHVB].
-Hulk [corner combo] flying hk, dlk, dmk, call either assist, immediate gamma charge, immediate crush. dead character outright.

Hulk, Cable-b, Ironman.
NOTE:In this team, Hulk can instantly kill a character without them even being able to block it. They just have to be in throwing range [unlikely…].

Dashjump in [or just walk in] Call Ironman, punch throw them while having 3 meters…
-If Cable is next, Hard Gamma Charge, cancelled to gamma wave, DHC in Cable before it hits [preferrably before it comes out…], and DHC in Ironman. With expert timing, this will usually kill an average stamina character outright.
-If Ironman is next, Hard gamma charge as before, wait, DHC in Ironman via expertly timed gamma wave, wait a long time, then DHC in Cable. You want to DHC before the rocks touch the victim. Possibly before they even come out. They will usually die outright.

-Dashjump, or pointblank Dlk+Ironman assist, dmk, activate crush. This can be done off a jump-in, but you MUST dash between the air jump-in, and the first low hit or forget it. This combo can be done to a cornered foe WITHOUT the dash, so us it there instead. I think you hold down for the crush here. If not, you hold towards. I’ll test it later to remind myself if I remember.

Hulk [Dhp, 1-2 hit] or Cable [launch or dlk, standing hk] or Ironman [dlk, dmp] into triple. They’re dead.

Hulk, Juggernaut-a Colossus
Hulk [Dlk, dmk] OR Juggernaut [dlk, hp], or Colossus [Dlk, mk], engage triple. This will more than likely instantly kill the character.

Hulk Combos…
-Dlk, Dmk, call Colossus Anti Air, Gamma Charge, Gamma crush. Time it so that the crush floats the character after the colossus hit
—When done in corners this instantly kills the character if you modify the timing alittle.
-Dlk, Dhp, call Juggernaut groulnd, activate crush. Dead character instantly in most cases.

Blackheart, Hulk, Jin

Blackheart: Dlk, Call Hulk, Dmk, sj cancel, hk, airdash back, hk, land beside them, Sj hk, airdash back, hk, land inside them, triple super. Dead character.

Here’s a link to most of the old threads on Hulk that have ever been made. Some of this stuff is unreal.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=121&page=1&pp=30&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1