Hulk team synergy advice?

Hey all, new to UMVC3 after more or less leaving vanilla along time ago for many reasons (partly frustration :V) I am very rusty so trying to relearn the game again (and get used to my new stick)

As I return I’m picking up Hulk again as my preffered character from Vanilla and wanted to know what people think of my team and if they think it gels well or may need work or if anyone uses a combination of 2 of the characters I mentioned any tips would be appreciated.

New team is now Hulk (Gamma wave OTG), Ghost Rider (Heartless Spire OTG), Amaterasu (Cold Star)

Hulks Gamma Wave can actually be used very well for extending GR’s combo’s even outside the corner due to the nature of his ranged attacks. Ammy’s cold star acts as great support and pressure for both Hulk and Rider whether trying to get in or trying to maintain the range they desire. Rider’s spire helps a bit for Hulk against projectile happy characters whilst also being a good OTG for outside the corner where gamma wave wouldn’t work for him. Rider’s DHC’s also work fairly well with all of Hulks hypers both going into them or going from Hulk’s hyper to Rider’s still remaining close to the opponent. At least this is the general idea in my head, there’s still a lot of fine tuning and practice I need with Rider and Ammy on their own compared to me playing Hulk in vanilla. What does everyone think? Any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

I think your team will have trouble against heavy zoning teams. Ammy cold star is great for lock down so you should be able to set up some nice mix ups with Hulk at least. The problem with your team is that Ghost and Hulk are best played with teams built around them.

If you want Hulk/GR that bad i have a sort of answer for you.

I have a friend on 360 (Blazn45) that plays:
Hulk (Gamma Wave)/GR (whatever his OTG is)/DEADPOOL (Quick Work)

You are bound to scare everyone to block with standing H, so why not add a quick-work assist in there too?

• It hits low, so if they crouch , time it with a jumping S for an unblockable or quick High/Lo - Lo/High mixup
  • If they jump to avoid the quick work, its a free H command grab or even air grab conversion

It also makes (which i hate) long range unblockables/conversions with jumping S for Ghost Rider as well.

Deadpool probably isn’t the greatest Level 3 X-Factor character, but he is still scary with that type of power and speed. Plus he has:

• the katanarama infinite in the corner
  • the quickwork unblockable midscreen
  • very quick overhead mixup with flip kick

Hope this helps.
Olympiq on XBL