Hulk OTG Assist Options

I second this, as I use Rocket Punch for my otg. I mainly like the deceptive reach that it has. It’s about a third of the screen.

I just picked this team as well, X-23 and Hulk synergy is amazing, ragging tigger into Gamma Crush or Gama tsunami into XWP is definitely something to consider.

OT: Ankle slice is actually one of the best assist to combo after gama throw from middle screen, because while it’s slower than wesker or deadpool it travels longer than both and faster than Hulk!, then you can Gama throw > Dash > assist + Dash > s.H into a BnB

Ken

So, I watched Mike Ross with his team (Team We’ve Got Health, lol) in this last Wednesday Night Fights, and it dawned on me that you can just use gamma wave as an OTG to keep the damage flowing, rather than having to pick a character to be your OTG assist.

In otherwords, isn’t it a valid strategy to just combo with your OTG gamma wave and then have two assists to help Hulk “get in there”? Is there any downside to the way Mike is doing things?

I don’t know how Mike uses his gamma wave but for the most part its known that you can OTG gamma wave in the corner and hit a Gamma crush.

I guess I’ll just have to go into the lab with it in a few, then. I thought there were more options after the OTG gamma wave in the corner… Well, wait, maybe since the key is that you have to be in the corner, you still could do with an OTG assist (like Wesker’s)? I don’t know… I’ll have to just run through some stuff, I s’pose.

Depending on your assist you can keep corner combos going, like I use Dorm dark hole assist after a BnB launcher and dark hole keeps them elevated long enough for me to relaunch.

If you don’t have an otg assist, you’re missing out on a ton of damage midscreen. Likewise, your command throw combos won’t exist. In the corner, otg assists do not matter since, as you’ve seen, gamma wave picks them up while other assists hold them in place.

As for your question, it’s not a valid strategy. One assist should get you in, while the other should be a low-hitting otg. You won’t always be in the corner for your combos, so the otg assist helps midscreen.

I tried extending combos with gamma wave and Akuma’s tatsu assist. It worked, but I couldn’t really get anything off of it. Hit scaling was to high to relaunch. Best I could do was finish with gamma charge, L followup, gamma crush, while they’re still in hit stun from the tatsu.

This. If you have an OTG assist, it allows you to go corner to corner with a Gamma Crush finish in one combo. If you have a decent DHC after Hulk, then you’re easily guaranteed a kill against 85% of the cast.

No.

OTG assist in corner = relaunch air combo for more damage, land OTG gamma wave…

Yes, Astaroth is saying that you can use Gamma Wave L, non-OTG assists like Molecular Shield, Dark Hole, Beams, Tatsu, then relaunch while the assist hits. Then you can air combo, land and OTG Gamma Wave L again.

Questioning my Hulk knowledge? Begone knave… lol

Thank you for the clarity. Considering I use that same corner strategy with a non-OTG assist and use an OTG assist with Hulk, I was thinking the same but at the same time something different.

It’s not so much your knowledge moreso than my reading comprehension. No need to misunderstand a misunderstanding. :slight_smile:

It seems like I have a hard time hitting the gamma wave L at the end of the air series. I can’t seem to get the timing down. Also wouldn’t dorms dark hole hit to far when in the corner?

My air series with Hulk ends with my opponent pretty far away from me on the ground. How can I keep the opponent off the ground long enough to get over and start another series? It seems like even with a long-lasting assist like Akuma, which will carry the opponent still further away, it could be a problem actually getting close enough to continue the combo after the Gamma Wave pop-up.

Have you tried doing a Gamma charge? that might put you closer faster then just a dash dash.

Just got to try delaying differently until you find the sweet spot for Gamma Wave L follow-up. No, Dormammu’s Dark Hole works in most corner situations.

You have to use an OTG assist for mid-screen relaunches because Hulk can’t dash forward and then Gamma Wave to make assists like Akuma work. You can only relaunch off non-OTG assists in the corner.

What exactly is the requirement to make Wesker’s otg shot connect consistently midscreen after an air combo? I’ve read on here to only to j.m j.m j.s and that helped but I still only get it to connect half the time. Obviously I’m jumping up forward and I’ve tried staggering the hits in the air combo but I can’t get it consistently.

Delay the j.MMS as much as possible. Dash, then call the assist (can’t recall if it’s simultaneous or not) as fast as possible. That’s how I do it, and it works about 90% of the time.

I was practicing this yesterday and I cancel my dash into a jump. As long as I hit the assist after the jump actually starts, Wesker will hit every time. I think the jump’s momentum actually lets Wesker carry out a little bit further than just the point where you were when actually calling him. After I practiced this a little bit, it was actually really easy to do.

Actually, wait a minute, that was only from Gamma Tornado, which is significantly easier to get an OTG after :(. I still haven’t been able to get the OTG to connect consistently after mid-screen combo or air throw.