Hulk gets no love =[

He might not have spiral swords combos or astral vision spam, but he has Standing H and a couple of other tricky moves to help him be effective with the right assists.

So why does everyone who doesn’t play Hulk hate players who use him? Online isn’t that bad (seeing as he is top tier with lag on his side), but if you go to any local, you’ll be scolded for using a “derpy” character. [Unless your name is KBR of course :)]

So my question is:
“Why you no like Hulk?”

You get scolded for winning with any non top tier character. Just the way it.

People really hate to lose to me. I play Hulk/Dorm/Sent. I’ve been a contributing factor in at least 1 person quitting Marvel in the Seattle scene. The main reason why I think people hate Hulk is because he isn’t stylish and his combos and strategies just look herp derp. They think I’m the biggest scrub if they haven’t played me before. That thought blinds them and they don’t realize how crazy good my reads are or how godlike my blocks can be.

The last tournament I went to (last week), I finally beat Rattana in casuals 3-0 and he looked pretty salty for a guy I normally always see smiling and friendly. Losing to Hulk just compounds the hate.

I can agree with the above sentiment.

I’ve played a few teams well(Dante/Frank/Sent, Hulk/Sent/Dante, Modok/Sent/Dante).

If I’m styling with point dante or modok, people are :smiley:

If I’m OCVing people all day with strong hulk pressure strings, reads, ToDs off everything, and throws, people are :expressionless:

Doesn’t matter who it is, but the salt is stronger the better the player is. IMO, the reason people get mad, is because hulk has a reputation as a character that is only good at low level, and if you play correctly, should be an easy matchup. IMO, Hulk is pretty mid-tier, but is very matchup based, and has matchups where he’s more like a top tier character, and matchups where he’s more like a low tier character. Good players expect to win handily no matter who they use, and get frustrated if they don’t.

I’ve made Infrit show emotions when he played my Hulk at Super Arcade. It was pretty cool when we played once and then a month later he recognized me immediately just by my team. Though making him get visually salty was pretty hype considering I’m just a nobody…

I love that feeling though. Making people go “Oh yeah…you’re that Hulk player…man I don’t want to fight you.” It’s cool to have people recognize me or be afraid of my Hulk. It also feels good when they say things like they can’t mess around with my Hulk or that they have to counter pick or they have to play they’re serious team. The fact that they see me as a threat feels good lol.

Hulk is a matchup based character, in my experience.

Even as a hulk player, who understands hulk and has a pretty good one if I say so myself, I don’t like playing against hulks. I counterpick hulks, with characters I use that I feel are strong against him(for me, Modok or Sent+Jam).

So, honestly, I don’t know if that’s as much about the player, as it is about the character. I do the same with Jean, generally no matter who I’m playing(so long as they’re at least competent at the game). I enjoy fighting hulk AFTER I “counterpick”, so to speak, but as for Phoenix, I never enjoy playing her. Even if I’m using my teams with the best shot of beating her. I can understand if some people would feel that way about playing my hulk, and the way it makes them play, whether or not they were successful at beating it, etc.