How would you describe / categorize the characters?

I’ve seen some of the character tier lists out there, but I’m not asking for those. I’m more curious as to how the characters play, like how Daimon and Clark are slow-moving, grappling characters.
I think this will help newcomers (like me) who isn’t too familiar with all the characters out there.
It’d be a good overview for those who want to try out new characters but don’t want to read through pages of character-specific guides.

I don’t know if there are distinct categories for the characters in this game.
If there are, what are they, and how do the characters fit into those categories? Or attributes?
Or just describe the characters (that you feel like describing) and how they play.

Example categories: zoning, rush down, turtle, close-ups, etc.
Example attributes: grappling, charging, “standard”, mixed, slow, fast, etc.
Example of how they play: requires spacing, requires fast inputs or cancels, requires precise timing, requires opponent to make a mistake, etc.

I’ll kick things off with 2 examples.

Example, Athena:
So far I’ve played around with Athena a bit. I’d say she’s a zoning character that requires precise spacing for some of her more difficult combos. Her projectiles are important for baiting the opponent, but her strength lies in using her normal moves, command throw, and uppercut (dragon punch). She’s not a turtling character. She isn’t a rush down character that requires fast inputs all the time, but the need to cancel her specials quickly and to re-position her in some combos makes her difficult. I don’t think she’s very beginner friendly.

Example, Kula:
Kula is almost a “standard” character except you can’t (or shouldn’t) spam her projectile. She is more of a rush down character, and can apply a lot of pressure on the opponent even though she isn’t particularly powerful. Her combos are not too difficult to pull off, but a few require specific timings. However, her few useful normal moves means she lacks variety in her offense (relatively speaking) but she is quite fun to play with.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about certain things, but these are my thoughts so far.

I don’t think anyone would feel like describing each character in the game (although that would be awesome!), so just post whoever you want to talk about.
Cheers!

Shoto, Zoner, Grappler, Rekka, Hybrid, Charge, and WTF (Chin).

One of the flaws of 13 is that there’s not many unique characters. There’s certainly no equivalent to Yashiro or Adelheide or Chizuru.