How to win with Viper in lag so bad you literally don't know what move is going to come out

The sad thing is for Viper it doesn’t take a whole lot of lag for this to happen and your feints/sjc/feint strings/seismo chains become crazy execution errors and you lose half your life. With Guile I just throw boom and cr. HP when it’s that laggy and I can still win, how can I adapt with Viper? I can’t keep 2k PP because of the lag inconsistency.

I feel like every other character has a back “strobe light lag” game plan, but I don’t know how to adapt with Viper in bad lag and I’m hemorrhaging points.

Well if you get a knockdown instant burn kick is really hard for someone to deal with in lag. Online I’ve won entire sets with just instant burnkick->dash->instant burnkick->sj. crossup RH into normal fierce->ex seismo->burnkick->etc.

Also imo if your execution is decent things like seismo cancels don’t really get worse in lag so matchups like guile don’t get bad other than not being able to reaction block EX boom.

I just played a match where I literally didn’t know if cr. MK was going to come out when I pressed it so sometimes the instant BKs don’t come out either. In good lag I like to play up in your face Viper with feint strings, baiting out DP’s, block string into cross up BK, but that doesn’t work well in choppy lag.

Hey man, could you please use the “Quick questions” thread ? It will make things better for everyone.

Viper is not really a good character to deal with the lag. Even though you get a win, you won’t learn anything in these conditions, making the match pointless. Don’t focus too much on points, and you can counterpick if you feel it’s going to lag.