How to move around when playing Vergil ( A newbie's question)

Hello, I just got the game and I instantly picked Vergil. I already learn his loops and how to set them up, currently I am using Wesker as my other assis for the otg for a full 1 shot combo however it is no use when I can’t move around efficiently, by t his I mean that I always find my self blocking and if I don’t I get caught and instant killed. Also what third assist would be good for him?

I feel like Vergil is slow movement wise, maybe this is because I play Magneto all the time on mvc2?

He only seems slow until you get used to his wave-dash, and Stinger Dash Cancels. Hands down his wave-dash is among the best while SDC’s make his forward wave-dash that much easier, faster(at least to me), and potent as it also acts as a option select.

Using SDC’s can make for some really hard to see, (and block), resets, and mix-up’s with round trip or even assist:
[media=youtube]vTZ1nymzZ44[/media]

Your movement is at it’s best on the ground. Try the keep opponents that tend to the air grounded with either an assist, and/or a combination of air round trip and wave-dashes/SDC’s to make it harder for them to place a hit on you from above.

Any instructions in how to do this tho?. And Thank You by the way

While it’s not the greatest video on wavedashing, F Champ does cover how to do it. Usually people just use two attack buttons + down, but there are alternatives such as the one he mentions in this video:[media=youtube]aG9BhUlgJ00[/media]

SDC’ing is even easier then that. Just hold forward, and use MH or LH(so your input ends up reading as a Stinger, but gets canceled by the dash).

I’m wondering about the assist part as well.

I’m currently trying out Vergil/Morrigan/Doom, and I’m wondering which of their assists go best for Vergil.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/19099/Dodeka">Dodeka</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>
<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/fabriziox1%2C%20post%3A%207665630%2C%20member%3A%2016195">fabriziox1, post: 7665630, member: 16195</a> wrote:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Any instructions in how to do this tho?. And Thank You by the way</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
While it’s not the greatest video on wavedashing, F Champ does cover how to do it. Usually people just use two attack buttons + down, but there are alternatives such as the one he mentions in this video:[media=youtube]aG9BhUlgJ00[/media]<br />
<br />
SDC’ing is even easier then that. Just hold forward, and use MH or LH(so your input ends up reading as a Stinger, but gets canceled by the dash).</div>
</blockquote>

<br/>

For the SDC, do you plink? From m to h or from h to m?

If you use an 8 button stick you can set the 2 side buttons (the PPP & KKK button in street fighter terms…) set one to L and the other to M+H and P.link them so light is hit twice…If done in rapid succession will wave dash because he Cancels his dash with L… and will cancel L with another Dash… But if your not perfectly P.linking constantly he will hit whatever extra button you press… This also works to make Magneto Air Dash so fast in Flight… There’s a Video of Someone showing F.Champ how to do it on F.Champ’s Twitter page… The cool thing about it is that this style of wave dashing also acts as a Option Select to tech Throws.