How to get Hakan A+

From now on, I want to help some of you guys. I recently achived A+ with Hakan and I only lose to TOP players. I want to explain how to win of players 4000 pp and less players. This is my game tactics.

And by the way, I will update this thread 2 times a day.

1. Mind game. You have to take risks, specialy to chars with low healt. Like, Seth, Akuma, Cammy. So your opponent have to decide on every occasion. If he walks or backdashes away, then you’re doing it wrong. Because Hakan has more healty and does alot of damage just by 1 move, so lets say, your oppenent mashes DP, that will be like , 150 average (ryu, ken, akuma, seth), But if you grab, dive or focket its more, and with percentage, u will be in favor.

2. FDNC, FANC, DNC, without this moves, I can’t pressure or takeaway the pressure. For example, when Cammy does Canon Strike and your oil, its STUPID to block it, because she will get + frames. What you at least should do, is FDNC to c.lk, What i do, is FDNC (backdash), s.mp. U can always SPD (+1 on block), or just do s.mp, s.mp < frame trap on block, 2 hit combo on hit. Chars, like, Blanka, Guy and Rufus, Sakura, who depends on meter, must be alltimes pressured when they dont have meter. So, slide, DNC to, c.lk will close the distance and they have to escape without an ex move. Example, Blanka is on block string, with Hakan’s c.lk, when he tries to jump away, on your second hit, just do, lk oil dive, is uncrouchable. After that Hakan has time for lk oil + pressure game, c.lk > etc.

3. Oil = Genei Jin. There is no reason not to attack like a bull when you’re oiled. 1. Hakan does 10% more damage, 2. 10% more healt, 3. FDNC, FANC, DNC you’re way in. 4. Let them decide how to block or what to do.
    Its a fact, that the current Top chars are offensive chars they let you decide. So become one. Hakan Oiled is S tier. A lot of top players say this to me.
    Against Akuma, Seth, Cammy, Fei Long, and all chars who has a good pressure game, Always try to use, lk rocket > HP oil or ex. Because if u stay oiled, the cant catch you, FDNC your way out, and u see Ultra mash, just CC.

4. Air grab. Against, Rufus, Yun, Bison, Hawk, Zangief, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Cody, the most likely want u to trap in SPD, so by n.j at last moment, so on wakeup I do n.j. and grab on reaction. After 2 times. they figure this out and do a backash, so I do a f.j hk on wakeup and lk oil dive on block etc. U get the idea.

5. Corner trap. When I get a nockdown in the corner, then the round is over! See 3:23[media=youtube]ZmM6xm9speU[/media]
    A little trick is, buffer 6x down. So they see Hakan moving down. They will think, I can’t jump or do DP, etc. But the most important is, do all your actions on reaction. Example, he doest wakeup:
    backdash = SPD
    crouch = SPD
    n.j = air grab
    b.j = air grab
    f.j = air grab
    mash = block

Its very important that you react in 0.5 second after wakeup. Because your opponent makes his decision before wakeup. So he is not reacting to you, but gambles. Because youre oiled, Hakan is in favor and we have air grab. I will try to make a video today what i mean.

More soon, ICxI STErcan

Nice read, thanks.

I would want to say, against people that like to do frame traps. With oil use downback+lp+lk+mp+mk , if they try to throw you will tech it (unless they delayed the throw)… if they go for frame trap you will absorb it while moving away… if you absorb you can release back and do back+lp for dnc. Also useful against Dudley if he wants to do a meaty or throw 50-50.

Right now every time I do raw focus I just use all 4 buttons…

I tried it, but it didn’t tech. I did oiled empty jumpin, 4 buttons, it does focus. But it was thrown away.

I have problem with blanka…hopping around mixing at throw, jab, electricity…this gets worse when unoiled…Also Dalhsim which pisses me off after playing a few matches against the same player chasing around like a fool…

Blanka is very ease, but Dhalsim can be hard. Both chars rush in. Get a lot of blood oil with hk. I will upload some sim and blanka matches so u can see.

Blanka = if he has no meter, stay very close, start with. c.lk, > grab or spd. mix this up with uncrouchable oil dive.
Dhalsim = focus move in and cancel every time. on nockdown, back walk, jump HK OS slide. on block lk oil dive or s.lk, SPD. When on dash distance, just focus and let go and start pressure game. also if c.lk hits, after 3 hit, lk oil dive.

Its an option select, just like c.lk+c.lp. If you don’t get thrown the focus will come out and then you can get thrown. Its more useful on frame traps… like when Rufus does their instant dive kicks to bait tech throws.

I don’t find sim to be that hard because you can completely shutdown his yoga fire zoning with ex slide. And then you can focus your way in pretty easy when oiled. Once you get sim in the corner Oilkan can pressure him pretty well actually and because you do so much damage the match is over after that. I do a lot of oil dive setups because a sim punish is pretty weak if it whiffs. Unless he has super of course.

I find using U2 for both Sim and Blanka solves a ton of issues. If Sim does a yoga snipe while you U2, he gets hit. If Blanka hops while you’re in U2, he gets hit. Plus with Blanka blocked balls always can be punished with slide unless its EX. The beauty of the Sim fight is most of the time he wants to keep you away, which is where you want to be to oil up. Hakan’s j.FP I know can hit Sims limbs a lot of the time in the air. You just need to be smart about it.