How to Fix a broken Quick Disconnect?

So I’ve managed to break a quick disconnect on one of my TE’s.

Just the end piece came off, should I be able to just strip the wire and install a new female .110 Quick Disconnect? Anyone have a youtube link that covers this process?

Are these available at any hardware store / radioshack?

I swear, soldering gold is easier than working on sticks :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to anyone who can help this n00bish question.

The .110" are a little harder to find, but they are out there. Been meaning to make them available on our store for a while, but haven’t gotten to it yet (maybe later tonight). RS may have them, but probably not the fully insulated type if they do.

But essentially, yes. Remove a short piece of insulation, slide the connector over, and crimp. If you don’t have a good crimper, then needle-nose pliers will work in a “pinch” ;).

I had difficulty finding the 0.110" quick disconnects in stores, so I ended up getting them online. They’re also called “0.110” female spade connectors", so you might be able to find them listed like that.

Lizardlick and Rollie Electronics stock them for $0.10 each.

Radioshack only sells overpriced 187 qds. If you’re in a pinch they can be made to fit with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Ended up looking at local hardware stores with no luck. Then said screw it and rebuilt the missing part with sterling.

I shouldn’t be worried with using that as my new conductor should I? Tested and works fine,

(Stupid MK and their needing 8 buttons to play the Challenge Tower…)

I just put some fully insulated .110’s on the GroovyGameGear store, if you need them, but as long as it’s working, I wouldn’t sweat it. If you have a soldering iron and some solder, it should be pretty easy to just solder it in place, so long as you don’t need to change it out often.

sees thread starters screen name

:rolleyes:

why don’t you just solder the damn thing instead of using the quick disconnects?

I have a degree in jewelry making, and hadn’t done any electrical soldering before. :stuck_out_tongue:

Soldering gold / sterling / platinum is different. I also usually have the triggers on my stick capped off, but put buttons back in solely for playing the MK tower challenge.

Regardess, ended up just rebuilding it in sterling and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help, I’ll order some QDC’s online so to not have to fabricate if this happens again.

You now have the most valuable quick disconnect on the planet! There should be an “achievement” or something for that :tup:

Yeah I wanna a pic!

Wow… amazing… on so many levels… Market those to the acrylic-case crowd… Set some gems in em!

I wonder if I can further mod the clear rollie+sanwa combo with swarovski crystals…

This threads name should be changed. Drop the “?” and make it a tutorial. Investment grade joysticks may be right around the corner…