How to do Guile upside down kick, cr.mp, flash kick?

Yeah, my charge time is the issue. And I can tell it’s the charge and not link timing because I can cancel into SB easily, but not FK. So the extra time of pushing the stick down is where charge time is lost.

So for some strange reason, this combo just clicked tonight, and I can hit it about 7-8 times out of 10 now. Looking forward to incorporating it into my game as a new BnB! =)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWjWAydYrb0

nice man, really nice. I’m jealous.

Hi, I’m a 1000pp-4000bp Guile player, I noticed i almost never use the UDK or even st.HK, when they are close I usually use cr.lp/cr.lk/cr.mp into bnb, f.HP or just cr.hp/st.hp. When should I be using UDK, st.HK? When should I prioritize it over the options that I usually go for?

P.S.Feel free to add answers to questions that are close to this one and are important but I didn’t mention or something.

Think about what UDK specifically counters. What do people normally do if they are scared of a tick throw? They crouch tech in rhythm with your light attacks. UDK is throw invincible after frame 6 and has no lower hurtbox after frame 1. It essentially kills most low attacks (c.lk teching) and rewards you with a high damage counter-hit combo starter plus a psychological attack on the opponents willingness to press c.lk when point blank. People can block your crouching jabs and crouch tech your throws all day. This is where you need UDK or cl.st.hp counter-hits to exploit their defensive choices. UDK can also be used against Chun’s Hazanshu on reaction, or vs Abel’s slow tornado throw startup and more.

If you’re talking about close neutral standing HK, it’s basically a situational anti-air… no real reason to use this on the ground. Far st.hk is pretty self explanatory… long range high damage poke that hits at a nice medium height while moving you slightly forward. Try whiff punishing shoto sweeps with it.

The other night at NLBC, a Gief player tried to “splash” on me in the corner on my wake up. He slightly timed his body splash late. It was late enough for me to plink Cl.St.Hk on my wake up and knock him clean out of the air. The look he gave when he got hit was pretty much “What move is that?! Did Guile get a new move for USF4?!”

Is that match uploaded somewhere?

Nope. Unfortunately not. It was in casuals only.

I can’t get the timing of UDK cr.mp XX FK, however I can land the UDK cr.lp cr.mp XX FK, is there any reason to learn the cr.mp with out the cr.lp since they both start up with 4 frames?

It’s not a super practical thing to learn but mainly the difference is including the c.lp pushes your opponent further away which can cause flash kick to hit further out, only doing 80 damage instead of the full deep hit damage. If you happened to do EX flash kick and the first part whiffs, you would have wasted a meter to do the same 80 damage, and if you try to flash kick FADC U2 from too far, you won’t be able to FADC because it needs to hit deeper to allow the cancel. This is kinda dependant on the range you started and also the opponent’s hurtbox size but yea… also the jab may hurt scaling in some cases.

keep holding downback while cr.mp, cancel late. That’s it.