How to defend against wesker

My team consists of Vergil/Akuma/Wesker. I know the ins and outs of Vergil and Akuma but Wesker is a very confusing character. My younger brother also uses him with a slightly varied team. I usually can take out the first two characters with very little issue but when wesker comes in he can easily take down the first two with speed, and his INSANE damage. So I have two questions, how do I defend against him in general? Also my brother usually just sits under me while my character is jumping in and will do a standing S under me and I try blocking it high but it doesnt work so do I block low for it or should I pray my brother drops the combo?

for starters, you should work on being patient and blocking. if you’re always getting hit out of jump ins, don’t constantly do them. be patient, if he’s down to his last character don’t rush in and do things that are gonna get you smacked for your trouble. you’re in the lead, you don’t have to be in a rush to finish.

wait out XFactor if you have to, and while he’s sitting on XF, don’t call assists or take any big risks. calling assists while your opponent is in XF or still has it available costs people far more games than it should.

if he’s using good teleport mixups, learn the distance on Wesker’s teleports and be ready to respond to them. Wesker teleports a set distance, so you can tell from where he starts the teleport whether or not he’s going to cross you up.

biggest thing to do though is be patient. it sounds like you’re trying to go ham and getting punished for it. you don’t need to always press buttons, no matter how tempting. sometimes waiting and watching are more important skills than strong combos.

Run from Wesker. XF3 Wesker is good, but the major flaw of anchor Wesker is that you can run from him. If you have meter with Vergil you should activate swords and find a way to get out of the corner. With Akuma, you can superjump and demonflip. With Wesker, you can super jump in the air and teleport. Do whatever, as long as he is not near you. Wait x-factor out and THEN you can fight.

So do you suggest I pick up a fly character like Doom, Nova, Dorm, Storm etc…?

I’ve said this before and people still don’t believe me…

But up-back, avoid corners, and tech grabs. You will, at minimum, break 80% of Wesker’s offense. Most Wesker players have patience issues and will eventually do something random and unsafe out of annoyance. Combine that with learning how close Wesker needs to be for command grabs, and you can pretty much avoid him hitting you almost entirely. Sometimes the whole reason Wesker is a problem is because you’re actually trying too hard to fight him. In fact that’s probably the issue most of the time.

As for getting hit when your character is “jumping in” (I’m assuming you mean after another character is KO’ed or snapped out), there is no blocking high, there’s just blocking left or right. So if you’re getting hit by launcher from underneath, then you’re blocking the wrong direction.

Solo Wesker is not nearly as threatening as people seem to think he is. Hence the reason I’ve never bought into that “Dark Wesker” crap.

Now, as for defending against Wesker with a proper assist… that’s a whole different matter.