How long did it take you to learn to PTF?

err… It never happened to me. Sometimes on stick.

well, im a Dpad player, i haven’t gotten the chance to pick up a real stick for my consoles, im lookin torards the X-arcade. But i got some BS ones which aint too bad, but my room is small and i got no place for a sturdy stand to use my sticks effectively.

Anyway, about the messing up, yea it happenes sometimes that i jump or devil reverse while tryin, which really pisses me off. And since im limited to one side, its hard for me to actually set it up. Facin left is a bitch for me, never got it and i practice constantly. With Sak i can gget about 40+ hits on the shou, but never more than 30 with Bison and i dont use the buffer method.

I have to do dp motions in 1p corner and buffer in 2p corner. I don’t lose any hits for buffering, I get the full 5.

HaHa! The exactly how i am. Left side = no problem, ill kill. Right side = Ghetto CC that does no damage. [Dp fp x 2, s.fp, repeat]. Woohoo! i call it “the lazy painter.”

As for the original question: it took me about a month to get it down consistantly in the left side corner. I actually learned how to do the PTF on a DC pad first (got the timing down for each individual dp) then at the arcade, i just practiced the constant DP motions until i got it. The CC/motions itself arent that hard, i think a lot of people tend to rush through it or they start to spaz out and thats what causes them to mess up. Just find the smooth rhythem, concentrate, and practice.

lol…i can PTF, but i cant shoshosho worth crap…

Well i gave the buffer method a try and it seems to be easier, i cant exacly get it but a few hits are better than none. Maybe i was wrong about rhythem, imma just start watchin the videos on em and see if i can pace my self from that. I gave up controllers and trying to stick2stickin it from now on. Gonna take a lil getting used to, but its worth it. Matter fact, imma head to the arcade now and get my ass kicked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Combos like shoshosho and PTF have made me seriously doubt my skillz as a street fighter player. The fact that I can’t do either makes me want to hang it up for good, especially since i’ve been practicing for almost a yr w/o any real results.

I learned how to do the buffer method really well, but there’s a reaon why people like PPB stress learning how to do it the right way. Every stick is different as well as arcade sticks, so you might know how to do it at home but when you go to a tourny or play on someone elses sticks, your up shits creek without a paddle.

Doing a DP is just beyond me. I wish I never learned how to play SF on a pad. Holding the joy-stick is weird, and then doing a DP motion is akward. DP: f, neutral, d, df

and to do the PTF combo is just the DF motion, neutral, DF motion, X whatever… TUFF…

I guess its all about practice, ive gotten better ever since i started readin this thread, trying different ways and rythems, i still cant do it well, but im sur eim getting there.

I also regret playin pad first, stick was really hard to get used to, and i still have some trouble. I hate losing a match due to the fact that several moves refused to execute. Especially when i got it set it for the CC and i fuck it up.

My main team isn’t very original, but i find it the funnest to play,
A-blanka/sakura/bisonR2, i can set up CCs from time to time, but again, never can actually do em right. I just put my head down and walk away a loser. Kills my playin spirit everytime, lol.

SO the way u do it is just DP+P???

Yeah, I went pad first too…a mistake :frowning:
I’m slowly getting better with the dp only method even tho I don’t practice that much. Just keep chugging along and you’ll get it, try not to be dishearted. If you actually do get disheartened, try practicins b&b’s, you can never practice those too much.

how do u do PTF?

Um, do you mean how is it done, or how we do it as individuals?

Anyway, about how to do it, im no expert, i go about what i see on vidz. I also have a question reguarding on how exacly to do it. The way i do is:

Lets say off the ground after the last scissor kick to the corner: activate-> s.HP->dp.MPxN->super

My question is, what is the best punch to use when doing the PTF. I use MP cuz its slightly easier to time, i cant keep em up in the air when i use HP. But it kinda affects the damage doesn’t it?

Yes, it affects damage. use Hp, learn it, master it. you win.

thanks guys thanks to reading this thread im lerning how to paint the fence really well. took my about a week to learn it on left side. now when i go to my arcade i kill peeps with it

Can’t do it for shit on stick but didn’t take long to be able to do it,it took a little while getting used to the setups

Is PTF, that whacked out corner combo, slapping the shizz outta the person in A-Groove Vega?

yes.

I too started on the pad…and I can do PTF but my thumb always starts to slip from the controller. The buffering method loses a lot of damage but is easier I guess. Since I work at an arcade with CVS2 (Jillian’s for any peeps who live in the metro atlanta area) I’ve been practicing on the stick, but man it would be nice if the arcade had a training mode…haha

get yourself a stick man.

cause when you reach the arcades you’ll notice the play is a little different. anyway,buffering PTF isnt always gonna cost you your max. damage. just practice on the timing to see how much you can slow it down without losing it.

its stupid. i learned to shosho and PTF the first few times i tried it. the harder part was the setups for me-considering the people i play against.

uhm,PTF with MP or HP?

i been doing it all this time with HP. i THINK i read somewhere that MP is better for damage? i tried it out,got it working,and it doesnt really seem true at all.

or was that a-sak?

you thought wrong, on both counts.

With bison you always paint with FP.

With sak it doesn’t matter, you end up with the same amount of hits regardless of using mp of fp. it’s going to end it ~53hits anyways. Its’ just that with mp it’s HARDER to cancel into the super at the end.