How I Mine For Fish? (AKA, help a Yama scrub out)

Hey SRK, decided to re-add Yama to my K/N-groove teams… and just remembered why I dropped him.
Y’see, I can’t do Drill (the grab super) or the knives (any of them). I seem to be unable to do dragon punches without doing QCFx2, and HCBx2 is out of the question.

Any suggestions for playing Yama without these moves? I’ve read through most of the important-looking threads in this forum already, so I know/ can find B&Bs and suchlike.

Simply work on your execution.

dont try to work around what you cant do, you’ll never become better. practice and learn those moves.

Yama kicks ass in c-groove. Lvl 2 cancel is the bomb. Also I can do the grab super just fine, but never really had to use it. Except when ppl are expecting the wake-up super.

K Yama rocks for me, so C, but I really like low jumping and run, and BnB with rage is insane, I used him for along time and loved him.

Just practice execution, spend time in training mode, and practice executions, and what?! practice execution.

k yamas biggest weakness is people can run away from him easily.

not having a roll kills alot of his mobility.

i dropped k yama cuz people would straight up run away whenever i had rage.

Being a Yama user too (N groove only) I would just start by learning his simple shit like his normals. Learn his aa’s, pokes first before anything. If you learn his pokes really well, people will have a really harder time being random with you especially the scrubs who roll all day.

Then I’d learn his specials the same way like his normals: aa properties and poking properties. Even sweeter, is learning to rc them (I haven’t mastered this yet but this will make yama that much harder to stop). After that, I’d combo what I’ve learned from my normals and cancel them with the specials.

After that, then you learn his supers.

You just… gotta be willing to experiment around and accept your loses. You’ll lose a lot however, then you will realize what you shouldn’t do while using Yama. That’s how I learned and still am learning and got significantly better using him. However, I do take some tips from the pros as well, but most of it is from my own experience.

Anywho, I’ll give you some ideas on how I use Yama.

Yama is usually my middle man equiped with meter. =) But when I don’t have meter, I just sit back and use sand kick to build it. Can be comboed into as well. Much more effective if rced.

I, much like any yama player, use S. Hk as a far poke. It is very meaty, and has great range. no reason not to use it.

I use S. mp, Cr. hp, Mp/sp pimp slap for aa. Sometimes jab as well.

I tend to run alot with yama because I like being on the offensive with him although I’ll turtle it out if I have to… I cancel my run with cr. sp and mash on it when the scrubs roll while I run. If they throw a projectile, I usually roll right through it while I run. If I don’t run, then I juse do his fb reflector.

Abuse low jump when within s.Hk range or a bit closer.

I don’t use his supers much either, but I practice.

I hope some of my tactics work for you but beware, I’m a beginner in using Yama as well.

hey im new here.

How do u play with pads or sticks?

im used to play with yama with pads… its quit easy to make the drill and the (dragonPuncH=knife attack). just practice a lot!