How do you play vs. Cerebella?

I just started playing this game on PC release, and I really can’t find a good way to play against her. Sometimes I just feel like they gave her too much in her kit, and it’s hard to get in and do anything to her.
I play Valentine, if that information helps any.

How new are you to fighting games? One thing to note is that rushdown vs. grappler is always tough for the rushdown character. Not much you can do to change that. That being said…

I don’t know that specific matchup, but remember that you can always jump out of grabs. Backdash into instant air dash into j. HP should work well for that. (Val’s backdash is airborne).

If the Bella is mashing command grab super, always jump when you reset. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions. I suppose I’ll figure it all out eventually.

Bella is tough for anyone to deal with. I placed decently well at this years evo and have been playing the game since it came out and i still think bella is really hard to deal with on a fundamental level… And rather than bitch and moan and complain (which is what i would normally do) i will tell you the best ways to deal with her… This isnt super insightful or anything, shes really tough for any upclose character to deal with but here are her weaknesses:

Shes pretty ass against air resets. So launch her and airthrow her into full combo. Frame trap her airthrow if you think she will go for a tech. And block a mashed elbow if you think she will do that. And that all she really has.

Unfortunately, because of how good her neutral tools are, its hard to get that hit in the first place so here are some other weaknesses:

1.Peacock zoning when coupled with an assist like filia updo or or filia hk hairball (beats assists that bella might call, beats armor run ins, pushes bella damn near fullscreen on block)

2.general running away from her and trying to hit her with “sf4 style footsies” which is to try and make her walk/run/dash into an outstretched poke… Which is hard because she can dash block and and dash jump block… But is still more effective than damn near anything else.

In short stay away from her and try to outguess her on her tries to get in. Ie if she thinks you will run away… And she wants to advance on you for doing that, she will jump toward you and use a delayed jump attack or an empty jump to try and get closer… If you trick her about your intentions though, you can meet her in the air and beat her to the punch since she thought you were going to be running away.

Specifically to val:

Val is way faster than bella so you can harass the hell out of bella with with double jumps and and empty jumps and instant air jhp and even a shrunken or 2 on the ground or air as long as you are smart about it.

If you have an invincible assist there are 4 things you should be really looking for to open her up:

Airthrow into full combo
Ground throw into full combo
Assist otg into full combo (using like updo or hornet bomber or pillar etc etc)
St.lp chain starter into full combo.

Dont forget about any of those as those are the primary ways you will be starting combos against any character and you will need to know them doubly effectively to make use of them versus bella.

And just a general piece of advice:

Try not to be in range of bellas normal jump, jumping attacks or even her dash jump jumping attacks…

If you can do that you will find her much easier to deal with her in general. Hope some of that helps.